RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Custom Outer Towns

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
These tiles were sprited from scratch (with a very few exceptions where RTP or Mack's details were added), using RTP as a palette reference. Ideally, they are meant to compliment RTP. So, you should be able to add RTP objects for more variety.

Town #1: Blue Village

New Version:
Tiles:
Spoiler for:
Mapping example:

Town #2: European-inspired

Tileset:
Spoiler for:

Addon:
Mapping example:

Town #3: Market Town
Tileset:
Spoiler for:

Add-on:
Preset Tiles:
Spoiler for:

Mapping example:

Town #4: Simple Town
Tileset:
Spoiler for:

Auto-tile:
Preset Tiles:
Spoiler for:
Mapping example:

Town #5: Coastal Town
Tileset:
Spoiler for:
Mapping example:

Town #6: Desert Oasis
Base Tiles:
Spoiler for:

Animated fountain:
Mapping example:

Credits:

Enterbrain
Tekepon (FSM)
Lunarea

Terms of Use:

Free for use in non-commercial projects. Contact me for use in commercial projects.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 09:26:18 PM by Lunarea »
My current project:

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Holy mother in the sky. Those are.... wow. Sick. Really, sick.

/rep+
  - 

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
These have to be some of the best RTP-style custom tiles I have ever seen. Wonderful work Lunarea. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work!

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2012 Best Artist2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
Thank you very much for your kind comments, and for the rep! :)

I made a few minor changes to the last tileset, mainly to fix the perspective issue on the tent and to get rid of a few pixels.
My current project:

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
Amazing work, thanks for sharing them! I love those little RTP old-school sprites in the 2nd example as well

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I have a question for some of the building tiles like walls. What tile would you suggest putting these on in order to have items sit on top of them? I have tried things bellow e, but the items like windows and signs on E punch wholes in them. Should the items be on lower and the building walls be on higher?

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
I use parallax mapping myself, but the buildings would ideally need to be converted into autotiles and placed in TileA. I'll try to figure out how to do that sometime. Or if someone familiar with autotiles wants to give it a shot, it would be much appreciated!

If you would rather stick to conventional mapping, there are two alternatives:
1) Use things like windows and signs as events with !$ in front of the file name
2) You can use an art program (it's easier if you have a grid and layers in, say, Photoshop or Gimp) and put the windows on a wall background. This will make the windows less versatile, but you'll be able to map as usual. The only down side to this is that you'll have to use the windows with a particular wall. My tiles are set on a 32x32 grid, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you're having issues with this, just let me know the window/wall combo and I will put them in a separate file for you :)
My current project:

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Those graphics are hot. You have done an amazing job with them. Well done :)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Those graphics are hot. You have done an amazing job with them. Well done :)
I use parallax mapping myself, but the buildings would ideally need to be converted into autotiles and placed in TileA. I'll try to figure out how to do that sometime. Or if someone familiar with autotiles wants to give it a shot, it would be much appreciated!

If you would rather stick to conventional mapping, there are two alternatives:
1) Use things like windows and signs as events with !$ in front of the file name
2) You can use an art program (it's easier if you have a grid and layers in, say, Photoshop or Gimp) and put the windows on a wall background. This will make the windows less versatile, but you'll be able to map as usual. The only down side to this is that you'll have to use the windows with a particular wall. My tiles are set on a 32x32 grid, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. If you're having issues with this, just let me know the window/wall combo and I will put them in a separate file for you :)

OK. I was (as I did on RRR) going to ask you for a demo. But since you parallax them I might just do that. That way I can have what ever tiles I want.

Is there any one here who could possibly make the building tiles on too one of the A tiles?
I have no Idea how to do it.

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Lunarea! I didn't know you made a European style as well!  :'( Its absolutely awesome!

The market tileset is great too! Its amazing how Parallax mapping can turn the VX tilesets into something better and your tilesets make me want to map in VX all day!  :D

Anyway, great job! I can't wait to see more from ya! :33
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Updated first post with a new town :3

And it even has an auto-tile!  ;D
My current project:

Rep:
Level 83
King in the North!
Very nice update, Lunarea! :3

I really love the new town! Very pretty! :>
Winter is Coming

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Town #5 is up~

Coastal town with some palms and a hammock :3
My current project:

Rep:
Level 91
Luna these are bloody amazing. If I wasn't already using a different scale I'd be straight on these. Especially the wooden bridge, it actually looks like a bridge unlike every other rm bridge out there  :P

(Haven't seen you in a while, did you leave .org?  :'()

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009
Luna these are bloody amazing. If I wasn't already using a different scale I'd be straight on these. Especially the wooden bridge, it actually looks like a bridge unlike every other rm bridge out there  :P
Seconded, these are beautiful. If I ever start making a RPG in VX, these are defenitely the tiles I'll use. Keep 'em coming, please!
  - 

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
@mouse:
Thanks! As great of a base as RTP is, I can always think of a detail or two that's missing. And those little things make all the difference sometime.

I haven't been to .org in a very long time now. At least 4 years, if not more. I'm surprised you even remember me! :lol:

@Japur:
Glad you like them. I'll keep making new tiles when I get some free time.  ^-^
My current project:

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
The Irish Insanity
I love these! Do I have permission to do a bit of color tweaking? :D
SJ.Wolfe - Resident Lurker

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Update:
I fixed up the first tileset (blue town) as it needed some work on the roofs. This tileset also includes some new trees, two tones for the walls and recolored mushrooms.

@SJ.Wolfe:
You're welcome to recolor and edit at your leisure when it comes to personal use. If you're planning on releasing the edited versions to a community, just give me a heads up (so I can link back to it  ^-^).
My current project:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
These are very beautiful! Thank you so much for posting them :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Thank you for your kind comments!

I've redone the parasols for the European town:

They're a more familiar shape and a better perspective :3
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:02:10 AM by Lunarea »
My current project:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member
beautiful work!

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
Parallax mapping is basically creating a map in an art program like Photoshop or Gimp and importing it as a parallax picture - which you can display through map properties.

I'm not sure whether the forums here allow for outside links, but Samgreen and Celianna have made a couple thorough tutorials on another forum. :)
My current project:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Quite sure we allow links to useful places as long as it's not conscious advertising, which should go in the poster board.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Lovely edits ... though the perspective still looks a bit off to me ... since the curve of the parasol and the curve of the table differ quite greatly. Though it's understandable for the mistake since spriting round things is an ass >_<
I support \\(>O<)b