RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] DIVIDED INFINITY -- Original Artwork Announcement!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul

Presents...

Divided Infinity was written as a game script originally, which is what it was always meant to be.  I started writing this story a few years ago during a tough time
in my life, the story is the soul of this game, I can promise all who play to experience a story that had much love, care, and though put into it.

High school life...so many worries, girls, jobs, grades, reputation, bullies...most people go to bed and wake up feeling like a new man. Sullan Miller goes to sleep and does wake up a new man...he awakens in a strange country on a bloody battlefield, apparently in a Chemical War. Sullan hated wars, hated death, why...why was he a soldier murdering men? Unless he wasn't himself, unless it was just a bad dream that he would wake up again from, unless it was forced? Dead bodies all around...blood flows to your feet. The story begins...

Sullan Miller The Lost Crow

Spoiler for:
Sullan is a 15 year old boy attending highschool with his friends, socially awkward with anyone but his three close friends, Sullan chooses to think rather than talk most of the time.  He lives alone with his surgeon father who is usually never home. Sullan has strong views of anti-war and anti-murder, almost unrealistic ones, he usually has his head in the clouds dreaming of new things.

Gerone Crator     The Resolved Dragon

Spoiler for:
      Gerone is a 16 year old student who is Sullan's best friend, Gerone lives alone because his only sister was killed in a robbery,
Gerone is loud, blunt, and obnoxious... opposites attract, this is just the case with Gerone and Sullan's friendship they share almost opposite views on life as a whole yet they still remain as close as possible...while Sullan is a bully magnet, Gerone is a bully...crusher....
So it works out.

Shella Sear  The Blue Jay That Lost It's Wings

Spoiler for:
       Shella is a 16 year old girl who works at a local Cafe full time with her younger brother John, She does not attend school because she has to work full time to support John on her own, Shella knows quite well that she works her ass off so she's naturally a bit snobby,
when she wants something... she usually doesn't give up until she gets it, She has no particular world views of her own, she doesn't really care honestly. What she hates the most is being used or manipulated by people... when she is... she tends to respond aggressively.

Nima Longshore   The Peaceful Deer

Spoiler for:
         Nima, 15 year old girl that is friends with Sullan and Gerone, She is kind and happy, even in the toughest times she tries to just smile through it. She also believes that murder and war is wrong but is more realistic then Sullan and knows sometimes... it's required.
She loves normal things like karaoke, cooking, and babysitting, She shares a strong love for children and chosses to keep a childlike innocence most of the time, But Nima IS a teenager after all... prone to bad choices and mistakes... she has dated some... questionable guys.

The music in Divided Infinity features original various vocal songs sung just for this game! features music by Christophe Blondel, Martin Barreby and The Final Chapter.
And vocals by Diana Kantor & Jake Barnes. The non vocal music consists of soft piano for story scenes, and fast pased rock for battles.

Divided Infinity is completely voice acted, over seven hours of voice acting has been recorded for this project, all pro quality at that.
after showing the script to some great freelance voice actors all of the people I scouted agreed to do it, some even auditioned for the project.
Expect a fully voiced storyline upon release. You may hear some examples of the voice acting in a few demo scenes bellow.

The game is broken into Seven Chapters, none being a fixed legnth, I chose to end the chapters and key moments in the story rather then force chapters of fixed length, The story is the main aspect of this game and it will not be weak in the least.
You are able to make various choices that affect key points to the story, not VERY many, but enough, there are two separate ending chapters depending on your choices, EACH of the endings has it's out unique Epilogue mode, which has normal RPG gameplay and equal story development this section is roughly four hours long, so as a whole the game will have about 12 hours of gameplay.
Lots of love and care is being put into this project to make it shine, I believe RPG maker is just a program with bounderies that can be broken, it's just aa tool that can create greatness, that is my goal.

Here are a few screenshots of the game running. (Original art was not yet inserted when these screenshots were taken)

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
The village will change as time progresses, this can both open new possiblities as well as close older ones.

The only changes shown are merely the enviromental ones, there is so much more under the hood.

I've removed villagers from the screenshots, don't expect to find them in the same place everyday. They will get around.

Time waits for no player. Make your time count or you could just miss out on fun things.

Everytime you engage in a new daily event, time will pass by a bit and things will change. Doors will open, and doors will close. You progress to the next stage of time by sleeping in the bed of your room, by doing so you may rest until night time. I hear darker things happen under the stare of the moon, so be careful.

Next, let's talk about some of the grand people of our little home town.

Welcome to Sunshade Village. Kenneth is the Mayor of Sunshade, and will always be there to guide you when you need it.

Frank The Drunk

Frank is a local resident of Sunshade he spends all of his time drinking or hung over, he regularly causes trouble among the town. Will you shun or accept his disruptive ways?

First impressions are everything.

How you treat these characters will affect how they respond to you, as well and their individual stories, your actions will bear consequence.
[/i]

Johnny The Writer

Johnny is an aspiring writer, he spends all his time writing ideas and concepts for stories. He usually doesn't have time to clean...

What to do. What to do.

Outdoorsy Jane

Jane usually won't be found in her house during the day, she will be found jogging around Sunshade taking in the beauty of nature. She is truly a woman who stands on her own two feet.

Fresh air is great, but so is the comfort of your own home, hmm...
[/i]

What do you think of Jane's ways?

Evan The Blunt Man Of Metal

Evan is a local Metalsmith, he keeps his words simple, and expects others to do the same. He also takes things at face value, people included, some don't like him, but many respect his truthful personality.

Is simple always better?

Ron The Priest

Ron is the priest of the local church, he isa strong believer in faith but is far less judgemental that his fellow church man. Of course, he will still share verses whenever he has the chance.

He's proud in his beliefs, not a bad thing in itself.

Do his words have a place in your ears?

Jim The Shut-In

Jim is absolutely horrified of leaving his house, he is content with the safety of his cozy home, it sheilds him from the damning eyes of people, along with the dangers of the world in general.

He's not afraid to glance out at the world from time to time though.

...Or maybe it's not the world he's looking at.

What do you think of Jim's view?

The Robinson Family

A by the book dysfunctional family. This family is very fragmented and wild, be careful when sticking your head in this lion's den.

Well no one likes being robbed, ever had your bike stolen?

The choices, oh the choices.

That isn't even a third of the people that fill Sunshade Village, each of the crossing character stories will be yours to fully explore and create once the full version of Divided Infinity is released, you'll be able to taste the first three days of your village life next month with the playable village heart demo.

Your Pet

A cat is only one of many pets you can possibly have, your pets have affection points of their own to raise or lower. Each pet has a unique skill to help you along your journey, the more your pet loves you the better it will do. How to make your pet love you more you say? Well daily food would help.

It's your pet, name it what you want!

Test it out yourself soon!

Writer & Director: Jake Caro

Editor: Jared Blakely, Mikayla Mills, Emma Pennington.

Character Designer & Illustration Artist: Melody Brown(Melynn Rose)

Music by: Christophe Blondel , Martin Barreby & The Final Chapter

Vocalists: Jake Barnes & Diana Kantor

Mapper: Jake Caro & Akane Zwadski !!Recruiting!!

Eventer: Jake Caro

Logo Artist: Gavin

Battle Effect Animator: !!Recruiting!!

Battle Sprite Animator: HK pRo

Main Character Spriter: !!!We Urgently Need One!!!

VOICE CAST

Sullan Miller: Jake Caro

Shella Sear: Nikkikora

Gerone CratorDruoxtheshredder

Nima Longshore: Emma Pennington

Updated trailers coming soon.

Final Build Demo Coming Soon.

http://www.divided-infinity.co.nr/
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:28:16 PM by Madurai »

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
I have half of the game finished, a trailer, and an hour demo.
Please move this to RPGVX projects~   =)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty cool. Good work so far :)

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
looks good!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
This bears further investigation.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
This looks great. The links to the video and download are broken though.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
This bears further investigation.

Not sure what you mean, but go for it?  :-\

This looks great. The links to the video and download are broken though.

They are fixed!
I was due to trying to add link tags to them without it being needed Xp
Regardless, both links are fixed~

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
Great! I played the demo and it defiantly looks like it will turn out to be an amazing game. Good job.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Looks pretty cool. Good work so far :)

Thank you! =) I'm putting my heart and soul into this!

Great! I played the demo and it defiantly looks like it will turn out to be an amazing game. Good job.

I'm glad you liked the demo! Please keep updated on the game~
We're all really excited that it's coming along so well! Be sure and play the full game now ya hear? ;)

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Phoenix King
This game looks great and an original storyline! Can't wait to try it out. I love the fact that you have voice acting I haven't seen that before in any RPG maker game. The amount of work that must take... I'm very impressed looks like hours of fun.

I am but a humble student of life. Come, let me show you what I've learned!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
New screenshots added.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Hmm...
Your indoor mapping is good. I like it. I like your menus, your graphics, I like a lot of this.
The one thing that strikes me is your outdoor mapping. It just seems open and uninteresting. Also, nature doesn't work entirely in rectangles. Have some fun experimenting with the autotiles, and when you find a map layout you like, start to decorate it with plants and houses and all that stuff, then events.

Of course, none of this applies if your game has reason not to do these mapping things. So, just take it into consideration, yah?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
Hmm...
Your indoor mapping is good. I like it. I like your menus, your graphics, I like a lot of this.
The one thing that strikes me is your outdoor mapping. It just seems open and uninteresting. Also, nature doesn't work entirely in rectangles. Have some fun experimenting with the autotiles, and when you find a map layout you like, start to decorate it with plants and houses and all that stuff, then events.

Of course, none of this applies if your game has reason not to do these mapping things. So, just take it into consideration, yah?

Thank you for the compliments =)
I am pretty bad at outdoor mapping, I've been trying to find someone to take over all outdoor mapping,
Honestly, some of the outdoor maps have been bugging me as well, plus the maps were a huge problem before, allot of people said that same as you, anyway, I agree and I will most certainly take your suggestions to heart, thank you.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
This game sounds great to me, what really stood out was the voice acting and how it has actual sung songs made specifically for the game. Will definitely be watching this

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
This game sounds great to me, what really stood out was the voice acting and how it has actual sung songs made specifically for the game. Will definitely be watching this

Please do! I hope to please!

CONTENT UPDATE!

I'd like to introduce the "Village Heart" system, this system will simulate real village life.

FEATURES

1# You live out days and nights of your life, with new sidequests, scenes, and     
      personal affection events each day and night!,
2# The village is alive! Everyday and night it will be different, different people,
      items, quests, scenes, events the works!, you'll never live the same day twice!
3# Your choices shape the village! Ever met that guy who can't decide what color
     he wants his house to be? Well help him out!
4# Fully upgradeable "home base" area, renovate empty rooms and turn them into
      useful rooms! You may get some fun out of them!
5# Attend the nightly village counselor room to help out troubled villagers!,
     everyone has personal prolems, go offer advice to the troubled, you may be
     rewarded
     if your advice hits the right notes with them!
6# Every villager has an affection level towards you, increase it by helping them
     out on days that they need assistance! Max out a vilagers affection for you and
     something special may happen! But be wary... you can never please everyone,
     pleasing one person may lead to another disliking you.

These are some of the features you can expect when the full version of DI is released later this year!
This section of the game is considered one of the "rest zones" of the adventure, during this section the main story will slow down, but there will be many extras and fun things to do!, the main plot will still progress at a steady rate, but you'll have more free time, after this rest section, the story will pick up and go full speed!, near the end of the adventure you'll have another rest zone with all of the above features!

I'd also like to announce that soon a playable demo version of the Village Heart system will be released in the near future!
You'll be able to play through a week of real village life as a taste of the system!

Keep an eye out for further updates!

Rep:
Level 71
Tear Down the Wall!
The demo show possibilities to be a great game, but it is as I see it an "incomplete" demo.  In a way I would say it was rushed.  There's a lot of incomplete mapping.  Some of the acting seemed over-dramatic to me, but I spent way too much time with theater students in college so they (theater students) were always over-dramatic and this reminded me of them. Some actors' voices are not all at the same recording level you can hear it in the background noise, the low hiss in the recording.  Also it seems different people are acting for the same character, if that is just my imagination then that's fine but the personality of the voice changes in the same character.  I think the voices are a great idea but to do it well is not easy.  Having voices means the actors need to know the character inside and out to pull it off well.  A lot of the actors didn't really show me the character but actually confused me about the character, Sullan and Gerone specifically.  I wondered if they had multiple personalities.  I hope that was your intention.

Other than those two main issues, incomplete mapping and acting/voice concerns.  It has entertained me until I got tired of story scenes and not having control.  I wanted to explore and buy some stuff and find glitches and what-not.  I felt the story-battle-story-battle... etc. was a little too much for me to stay hooked.   

Minor issues: 

Swearing is not entertaining to me.  I hate the B***H and F***K words the most, they just irritate me.

I used too much tech points up just for fun, but it would be nice to have healing liquids and tech point refills in items.

The story is interesting but there seemed to be a flashback point but I didn't know we went back to present until The gas subject came back.  It was a little hard to follow.

I commend on the scripts used, the battle actions and the unique tech powers.  Very nice work there.
I rate this demo a 3 out 5. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:13:17 AM by RMVXP2000 »
coming soon to a pc near you

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
The demo show possibilities to be a great game, but it is as I see it an "incomplete" demo.  In a way I would say it was rushed.  There's a lot of incomplete mapping.  Some of the acting seemed over-dramatic to me, but I spent way too much time with theater students in college so they (theater students) were always over-dramatic and this reminded me of them. Some actors' voices are not all at the same recording level you can hear it in the background noise, the low hiss in the recording.  Also it seems different people are acting for the same character, if that is just my imagination then that's fine but the personality of the voice changes in the same character.  I think the voices are a great idea but to do it well is not easy.  Having voices means the actors need to know the character inside and out to pull it off well.  A lot of the actors didn't really show me the character but actually confused me about the character, Sullan and Gerone specifically.  I wondered if they had multiple personalities.  I hope that was your intention.

Other than those two main issues, incomplete mapping and acting/voice concerns.  It has entertained me until I got tired of story scenes and not having control.  I wanted to explore and buy some stuff and find glitches and what-not.  I felt the story-battle-story-battle... etc. was a little too much for me to stay hooked.   

Minor issues: 

Swearing is not entertaining to me.  I hate the B***H and F***K words the most, they just irritate me.

I used too much tech points up just for fun, but it would be nice to have healing liquids and tech point refills in items.

The story is interesting but there seemed to be a flashback point but I didn't know we went back to present until The gas subject came back.  It was a little hard to follow.

I commend on the scripts used, the battle actions and the unique tech powers.  Very nice work there.
I rate this demo a 3 out 5.

The demo was rushed, end of story, no way around that fact haha, you're actually the first one to say that the recording's weren't the same level, but I'll give it all a sweep and do some adjustments.
but no... different people are not acting for the same characters, everyone does their character solely,
and well... most of the actors just use their normal voices for the characters and people do show a wide range of emotion in everyday life, everyone seemed to sound the same to me throughout, the personality differences were there intentionally though, for Sullan and Gerone just like you pointed out, like, the demo went back and forth between time periods, so they were a bit different at each time, The demo was excluded of gameplay pretty much because I hadn't finalized any yet, the main game has it's first dungeon at the start of chapter 2, it was just cut for the demo, but do not fear the problem will not be present in the full game, I may actually re-release the demo with the finalized system soon.

Now I'll answer your minor issues,

A good number of others said that the cursing was over done, I went through the script and toned it down, it's only really required for two characters, the rest isn't, so it was toned down where not needed.

Again, as you've noticed the gameplay was overlooked for the demo, massivly xD, expect all the RPG
essential items upon the release.

I've added subtitles before the scenes with the current date and location, to fix this jumping around issue, some others had issues as well, but this was easily fixed.

Anyway! Thank you for stopping by playing, and sharing your thoughts!, every piece of feedback helps shape the game, I hope to please with the full game! =)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:50:04 PM by Madurai »

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
BUMPDATE!

I've added a village heart system section to the first post! Take a small preview into simulated village life, meet some of your future fellow villagers!
Go to that first post now :x

I've also changed the design of the website as well as added more information on the voice cast page.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
That sounds awesome, I usually talk to everyone when I play an RPG anyway, but here there's more reward to do so, good stuff.

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
I'd like to proudly announce Divided Infinity's original character designer & portrait artist: Melody Brown!
She will be designing all the characters, drawing in game expression portraits, battle cut-ins as well as illustrations!

Rep:
Level 73
Original Soul
I'd like to announce that the music of Divided Infinity will now be composed by Christophe Blondel & Martin Barreby.
Check out their youtube channels by clicking their names under the Credits section of the main post.

Also, some new screenshots!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:25:17 PM by Madurai »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Wow, those look awesome. And the composers are pretty swell as well.