RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(Aveyond-related q's) How to make movie/cut-scene & bigger characters?

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
So I'm using RPG VX to make a game, but I would really like to characters to have the same size as the characters in the Aveyond-series...
Here is the sprite size of a sprite in RMVX:

And here are the sprite size from the Aveyond-series:

I really hope you can see a difference between the two sprite sets...
How do I do that? Plus, it means that I have to make the sprites from scratch, doesn't it?

------------------------------

Another thing; any one remember the intro to Aveyond:Rhen's Quest? Where Talia is almost crushed on the top of that cliff? Like this link shows (ignore the talking man): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtgNesNvGhg
What I want to know about this, is how do I make the long scene where the butterfly flies over the land? I want that in my intro, but without the butterfly...
I'm gonna need the maps right, obviously? Unless, it's the same case as in Rhen's Quest - the map from the intro video is never used in the actually game.

I think it's hard to describe, when english isn't your preferred language, but I tried.
Hope you understand what I mean, and if not, I'll try to explain it in another way :)

Thanks in advance

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Aveyond was made in RMXP
Those are RMXP templates.

Also, as far as cutscenes go, I suggest you brush up on eventing, seriously.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 06:49:06 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK Junior
Aveyond was made in RMXP
Those are RMXP templates.

Also, as far as cutscenes go, I suggest you brush up on eventing, seriously.

How do use rmxp templates in rmvx then?

And I know how to make cutscenes, but I have my doubts about making the whole "movie-over-the-land" thing...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Awesome and Amazing website that can tell you everything you need to know about using RMXP sprites in RMVX

As for flying, look into the phase (iirc) toggle that makes an event/player move through everything as though there's no collision.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK Junior
Awesome and Amazing website that can tell you everything you need to know about using RMXP sprites in RMVX

As for flying, look into the phase (iirc) toggle that makes an event/player move through everything as though there's no collision.

Wauw that was a cool link :D
And ok, I'll try that phase thing... gonna post later how it worked out...
Thanks

[EDIT]: Ok so, I've got the movie-thing working. I used the "Scroll Map" function under the 2nd tab in the event maker.
But how do I get it triggered without the Player in the screen?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 05:23:56 PM by Toasty »