RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
event touch question

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
You sure this is where we parked the airship...
OK I am using RMVX and am trying to make the opening of my game automated but have run into a snag. I can't seem to get the first auto event to walk  the toon to the box and have the box open... he will walk to box and sit there if i click the box opens and automated stuff continues is there a way to make the first event walk him to the box and have the box open without clicking?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Yes, there is. My preference is to use parallel processes whenever I can because I understand them better. Autorun tends to disagree with a lot of events in my experience. I did it this way, but others may have a better understanding of how events work and may be able to give you a "cleaner" meathod, but here's mine:

You'll need two events, a starter and the guts. The starter is a paralell proc which states what dialogue the character has, and the move route to the box. It also triggers a switch, call it "open box", which starts the opening of the box. Next, make the box. It's important to make the event by hand rather than using the quick event creation, but you could use one as reference. The box should be just a box graphic on the map, no instructions on the page. Page two should have the same box graphic but with the condition set as switch:"open box". On this page, follow the method for standard treasure boxes- you know, the animation, sounds, contents, etc. This same event's THIRD page is set to condition: self switch A, and the graphic is the open chest; the instructions are to turn on a switch we'll call "box over". The FoURTH page is a graphic of an open chest, set to condition: "box over" on. It can include any dialogue you need, but must contain self switch B on. On the FIFTH and fiinal page of this event, condition Self switch B on and an open chest graphic. This lets the chest sit there as opposed to disappearing if we were to erase the event. In this event, we set all triggers to parallel process except for the last page which can be action button.

Now go back to the first event. In a second page, simply set condition: "open box" switch on. That's it. This is so we can continue using parallel process without repeating any part of this event's sequence, which may include movement, dialogue- I don't know, it's all up to you... Anyway, the last step is to make a third page for this "starter" event. It's condition is "chest over" on, and the instructions are to erase the event. What does all this do? It makes your character walk to the box, open it and recieve the contents, and then disposes of all processes. It also leaves an open box, just like if the player had opened one. Now you can even reenter the map at a later time and everything will be as you left it.
:tinysmile:

NICE!!! Worked exactly as I want you rock thanx a million :-)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Glad to have helped!

slight problem the box seems to be triggering when ever i renter world map any reason you can think of it would do that

Fixed it by making  copy of the world map and placing the event on the copy and since no towns or dungeons exit to the copy its all good :-)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:19:30 AM by couldbne1 »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Well, that's one way... but if you set the last page of the event to have no instructions it shoudn't happen.

yeah tats what I thought too but even with switch B turned on and nothing in the last page it would still rung the first pages for some reason... is ok though that I moved to new copied map as I have added alot of event things there as part of the into and there are no monsters on the copy lol