RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
City Creation game Scripter Recruiting

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
City Creation Game - Scripter/ Music Composer Recruiting
Using RPG Maker VX
I want to make this game completely around the prospect of customization, mixed with an RPG element. This is the first game I plan on submitting to RMRK. You might be able to customize your character, probably in a later version/ sequel (,but you can definitely pick your gender). Your character will be able to create cities, decorate the interior, and go hunting for supplies. Post any questions you have.

I need a scripter for a couple scripts I have no idea how to create, and might as well ask if they are possible right now:
  • Making a script so that cities/ buildings/ furniture have to be a certain amount of tiles apart when deciding to build/ place them.
  • A way to customize the character's name.
  • Making the city appear a different way depending on where it is built (Example: A coast city compared to a grassland city compared to a desert city).
  • Probably adding some other things involving customization.

On another note, I might need better music for the game. This is not completely needed, but would just be a nice little something to add to the game. All I would need is triumphant sounding songs, and common little bleeps that aren't too long/ short (, as I feel most that come with VX are).

As far as bios goes, your character is just supposed to be the person who rules the little island and thus, gets to choose where the cities are built. I'm going to allow you to be male or female and somewhat customize your looks.
Also, there will be common townsfolk in your little villages and cities, who you might be able to run errands for to gain popularity or something of the sort.

Any help is appreciated, and I am very sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 04:38:51 AM by dagedude »

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I may be wrong but it sounds like most of the things you want to do with the scripts can be done with events or by things that are already installed in the program.
Project: Warriors: A Kingdom Divided
Demo= 95%
2nd Chapters Completion=1%
Overall Game=7%
Recruiting members check http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40515.0.html for details

The main thing I need to know how to do is make sure you can't activate 2 events if they are too close, but I'm not sure how to do it. I will check in the events for anything I can do. Thanks for responding.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Music Composer
Still need a composer? Message me if you're interested :)

To Admins: Close this topic, please. I won't have enough free time for this project anymore.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I didn't see this coming. :V Anyways, you locked it yourself apparently.