RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Eden Hall (Pure Survival Horror)

Rep: +0/-0Level 83

This chapel was a French Gothic Revival style church that was part of a convent and school named Eden Hall, which was established by the Society of the Sacred Heart. The property was originally a private estate, and was purchased by the sisters in 1847. Frank Wills, a noted English Ecclesiological revival architect, designed the 35 by 45 foot building in 1849. A few prominent people have been linked to the site over the years, including St. John Neumann, two aunts of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and St. Katharine Drexel, whose parents were entombed in a crypt adjacent to the chapel but have since been disinterred.

Rumour has it the school was briefly taken over by a Professor called Charles Patrick Richmond who was a wealthy man. Even still, the boarding school closed in the late 1970s due to financial issues, and the complex fell into disrepair. Most of the buildings, including classrooms, dormitories, a library, a gymnasium and passages connecting them all, were destroyed by a major fire on Jan. 31, 1979. Conspiracy theorists argue that media reports distorted the real truth and it holds a dark secret to be unraveled. However, only few have attempted and many curious enough to have strangely disappeared.

4 troublesome youths go missing. According to their friends and family it is believed they have set foot in Eden Hall, closing down 2 years prior to the narrative timeline. Penny Moore, a state detective is sent to investigate, however she finds herself in a world of horror.

This is a current screen shot of part of the opening scene to the game

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2778/downloads/
DEMO RELEASE GAME TIME: 30-45 minutes
FULL RELEASE GAME TIME: (None)
GENRE: Psychological Survival Horror
RATING: 18+
HARD DISC SIZE: N/A
HARD DISC SIZE DEMO: 67 MB

Spoiler for Click For Screenies!:

FEATURES
-A dark horrific atmosphere
-Action Battle System
-Starting Player Options
-Shocking Effects
-Shooting and Melee Weapons
-Thrilling Survival Action sequences
-Detailed and well created environments
-Unique Puzzles to Solve
-Diversity of Endings
-Kill Count System
-Weapon Quick Browse System
-Inspecting Case Note System
-Ties to Popular Conspiracy Theories
-A detailed sense of realism even though its fiction.
-A Mysterious yet chilling plot.

Penny Moore- The main protagonist of this survival horror experience, a private investigator. She’s strong willed, has a good heart and knows how to handle herself. Penny is quite curious about Eden Hall and has heard some stories and rumours about the area. When some youths apparently go missing there, she willingly accepts the task to go and investigate.

Tommy- The reluctant delinquent, Tommy was an outcast in high school so he started hanging around with Sasha who befriended him. He now hangs around with her and her friends and you could say he’s the new recruit to the so called "missing gang". He’s a social realist who discovers that things aren't what they seem when he enters Eden Hall.

Travis- The youth leader, it seems that the others are his followers. Travis seems to have authority and respect in the missing group so he is probably more intelligent than his friends. He wants to go into the abandoned Eden Hall believing there are expensive goods to be found. Travis is strong, and can easily take care of himself however can his strength be tested whilst engaging the horrors ahead?

Croid- The troublesome youth and a true example of a delinquent making Croid easily be stereotyped by others. He likes trouble and believes it’s the only way to have fun. He has a lot of respect for Travis and is encouraged by the idea to set foot in Eden Hall.

Tony- Your typical follower, Tony is the wealthiest of the peer group. He uses his truck to take his friends into Eden Hall. However, he discovers that this was a wrong idea which results in his death.

Screen shot of Eden Hall Exterior Exterior

(This thread will be regularly updated as I make progress on the game. Thanks for taking a look!)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:22:14 PM by obsorber »

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
Your sprites are brighter than the maps and so is the text bar. Remember the better the game looks the more scary  ;D
Hey if you need anything just ask.

I just thought I'd update this thread with the progress on the game. The Game now has a proper plot now and has been updated. The Game is now called "Eden Hall."

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
As a fan of horror games like this, I have to say that I'm actually pretty intrigued about it all despite the lack of in-depth info. Your screenshots really have a pull to them and make me curious as to what's happening. :3

Thanks. Coming from you I'm pleased. You do know that the unfinished Midnight and its sequel are actually among my favourite RPG Maker games rated top 5 in RPG Maker Horror games. Anyhows a 40 minute game-play demo has been released, you can download it here at: http://rpgmaker.net/games/2778/downloads/

I know this has been a long time coming but I am a student, a researcher, employed, working on several other Project, and a writer. A demo should have been released a long time ago.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:35:57 AM by obsorber »

I'm well over half way complete with this Project. Expect a full release not too long from now.
Done most of the weapons, one of the end game bosses and most areas are now available aside from deep within Eden Hall.