RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Fairy Tail RPG Recruiting Gaphical Artists and Musician

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
Fairy Tail
Game Content
Spoiler for:
The game will be made with RPG Maker XP.
This is a fan-made story and things that are seen in this game might not be seen in the Anime or Manga.

Fiore Kingdom.
A universally neutral country, with a population of 17 million. It is a magical world. Magic is traded and commonplace for the people. There are those who wield the power, and live by the power. Those people are known as the Mages. Mages belong to various Guilds, and work by commission. Those Guilds are numerous within the country. And in this country, there is one Guild, that created many and is still creating many legends to this day. It goes by the name of “Fairy Tail”.

The player will choose to be one of the following characters:

Natsu:
Natsu
Natsu’s Ability type, Dragon-slayer magic, allows him to use the power of the fire dragon.
He can create flames with his body.

Gray:
Gray
His Creator Magic: Ice Make allows him to shape anything from ice.
He only uses Static Creator Magic and uses two hands, instead of one hand like his sibling disciple Lyon.

Lucy:
Lucy
Being a Celestial Mage, Lucy can summon Celestial Sprits with her Keys. Gold

Erza:
Erza
Erza uses her Requip Magic to swap armor and weapons. She stores them in another dimension.
Her armor gives her special requip bonuses, like enhanced speed, defense or strength. She can also use Telekinesis abilities involving her weapons.

The game will be using XAS-ABS 4. It has not been released yet so there's plenty of time.
Each character will have its different point of view on the game and will get some specific quests. This character will always be in the players team.
When the player is far enough in the story, he will get more characters to team up with.
With his/her team, the player will go on quests. Of course the main story won't just be about doing quests.
Spoiler for Start of your adventure:
The start of your adventure:
*Chosen character and supporting character: Natsu if player is Lucy, Lucy if player is Natsu, Erza if player is Gray and Gray if player is Erza* are walking into the Fairy Tail Guild house, returning from their mission. Everybody has gone into a fight. Natsu and Gray *one of them runs towards the other, who was already at the guild house* are getting into a fight too, as usual, shouting and arguing about who is stronger and such things. Erza is trying to stop Natsu and Gray from fighting and Lucy is standing beside with Happy, complaining about them fighting all the time.
Dialogue:
Lucy: ‘Guys, I’m tired. I’m going home.
*Player*: ‘I’ll come with you. I’m tired of all that (fighting and I was winning anyway, so… *if player is Natsu or Gray*/ babysitting on these two*if player is Erza*)’
(If player isn’t Erza, Natsu: ‘ Haha!’ / if player is Natsu, Gray: ‘ No you were not!’  / if player is Gray, Natsu: No you were not!’ )
Happy: ‘ Aye!’
Player and Lucy walk away. The other two remain. If player is Natsu, Happy will come along.
–––––––––––––––––The player will be introduced to the city, shopping street etc. ––––––––––––––
Player and Lucy arrive at Lucy’s house and find the other two sleeping already. Natsu/Gray on the ground and Erza in Lucy’s bed(If player is Erza, Natsu will be in Lucy’s bed)
Lucy: ‘ Why doesn’t this surprise me anymore…’ 
(If player is Erza: ‘Let’s just go to sleep already.’ / if Natsu: ‘Ah, come on! We’re all a big family now!’ / if Gray: ‘Hehe. I’ll go sleep in the bath’)
Natsu/Erza gets kicked out of Lucy’s bed and will have to sleep on the ground.

The next morning, the player will wake up alone. It’s 12 o’ clock. The player walks automatically to the kitchen and notices a letter on the refrigerator. The others have parted on a mission without the player. Therefore, the player will go to the Guild on his own, and part on a mission by him/herself.
––This is to let the player get used to the battle system, fighting and such things of his character. ––
Makarov ( the oh-so powerful Guild Leader): ‘I saw the others leaving on a mission earlier this morning. I knew you would come here too eventually, man/girl you’re a long sleeper, so I saved this small request for you.  It fits you well, so I think you can do this by yourself.’
Player: ‘Thanks, leader.’
Makarov: ‘Remember, you don’t need to rush things. So, you don’t have to part right away and you should not be too reckless in battles.
The player will be able to explore the guild house if he wants to, but could also leave on his mission right away. Various NPC’s will be in the guild house. Team Shadow Gear won’t be.

The starting quest varies per starting character, just like Makarov said: it suits you well.
Natsu: The player will have a reckless battle against a group of Vulcans, because they kidnapped a good looking young woman. These will be at Mount Hakobe, just like in the anime.
Erza: (to be done later)
Lucy: (to be done later)
Gray: (to be done later)

Now that the player has been introduced to the way of fighting with his character, it’s time to head back to the Guild house.
Cut scene
When you arrive in the main chamber, there is a commotion at the request board.
If player is:
   Natsu: player will spot Lucy and ask what’s going on.
   Lucy: player will spot Natsu and ask what’s going on.
   Gray: player will spot Natsu and ask what’s going on.
   Erza: player will spot Lucy and ask what’s going on.
Corresponding character(CC) answers:
‘There you are, at last!  Come on, come on! You’ve got to see this! EVERYBODY, LET *Player* THROUGH!’
Player: ‘Heh… what’s up with everybody?’
CC: ‘A request has been posted for you! They ask for you in person!’
If player is:
Natsu: ‘Wow, that never happened before, but I’m not that surprised. Of course they would ask for me. What does it say, actually?’
Lucy: ‘For me…? Why? What does it say?’
   Gray: ‘Hmm? For me? Heh. What’s it say?’
   Erza: ‘Oh, that’s quite unusual for a request. What is it?’
An interface will pop-up with the request. The player will read it.

The request came from somebody who supposedly lives in (foreign country. )
Request: ‘My children are being held hostage . I remember reading about you in the Sorcerer Magazine. Your magic is a perfect solution for this nightmare. I will explain everything once you get here. Please save my children!’
Reward: 200 Thousand Jewels.
Player: ‘Oooh, that reward is amazing!’
CC: ‘Then let’s go!’
Player: ‘Hmm. Not so fast.’
CC: ‘What?’
Player: ‘Apparently you didn’t need me this morning.’
CC: ‘Err… About that…’
Player: ‘Why would I let you in on this fun expedition? I went on a mission on my own today, because you guys left me. It went fine, so I will be able to manage this as well.’
CC: ‘Humph! I guess, that’s fair.’
Player: ‘I’m not angry at you guys, this is just a little payback. Now, if you would excuse me, I’ve got a mission to prepare. I’ll get some money for the train ticket at your house Lucy. See ya soon!’
CC: ‘Good luck, then.’
End of cut scene
The player will walk through the shopping street to Lucy’s house. If he wants to buy something he can do so, otherwise just go to Lucy’s house and get some money for the train ticket.
The player will travel with the train, leaving from Onibus Station to Oshibana Station and on to the city where the request came from: (city name).
Cut scene:
 Not suspecting anything, the train suddenly stops at a ridge. Beneath it lies a vast forest. A little creature is flying into the train. The player looks around and everyone is fast asleep. The little creature starts to speak. ‘(Player)… Your job starts here. Follow me…’ The creature flies away. You hesitate, should you follow it? You decide to come along, as you have never seen anything like that before. As you step out of the train, the world around you starts to transform. The forest, you just saw has turned into a dream-like world. Trees, 5 times bigger than you thought they could ever be; One huge tree standing out a little more to the north; Tree houses as big as the old Fairy Tail Guild house ;Tons of magical beings flying around. The magical creature from before is flying next to you.
Mystical creature: ‘Isn’t it beautiful?’
Player: ‘Where is this place? I didn’t even know something like this existed.’
Mystical creature: ‘Of course not. We have been protecting ourselves and this forest from the outside world. Normal people, like you used to be, know this forest as (‘Forest Name’). However, we like to call it (‘Forest Name 2’).’
Player: ‘(‘Forest Name 2’)…? Hmm. Who exactly are the ‘we’ you mentioned? I’m sorry this is all new to me…’
Mystical creature: ‘Don’t worry, I don’t blame you for anything. But him…’
Player: ‘Him?’
Mystical creature: ‘Huh, what? Oh, that’s not important right now. Anyway, back to your question. ‘We’ are the (‘Name of race’). We are the same as what you humans like to call dragons: ‘Mythical creatures’.
Player: ‘So, wait… You’re fairies?’
Mystical creature: ‘Fairies, pixies, elves. What haven’t you called us? At times, people spot us, but nobody would believe you if you’d say you had seen a fairy. You humans are so silly’
Player: ‘I don’t understand… Why would you hide yourselves from us?’
Mystical creature: ‘All your other questions will have to wait. We must go now, the humans in the train will awaken soon. Oh, and: My name is (‘Name of fairy’). My father is our kings twin brother. But that’s not of any importance right now.’
The fairy flies down the ridge and you come along. You walk into the forest city…
The city is overwhelmingly beautiful. Everywhere you look is life. And not only (‘Name of race’)’s, also the big variety of animals walking around, even the trees feel alive as they flow along with the wind. You stop walking after you set around 4 steps into the city, (‘Name of fairy’) flies just a little further but also stops and turns around. You look around you. The magical creatures are looking at you, they don’t recognize you. Suddenly a man and a woman walk up to you. The man is standing before (‘Name of fairy’), the woman before you.
Man: ‘Ah, (‘Name of fairy’), I see you brought him/her already. Welcome back.’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Thank you.’
Woman: ‘If you would follow us now, (Fairy leader) is waiting.’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Oh, of course. Come on, *player*.’
Player: ‘Yeah, sure.  Who could this ‘(Fairy leader)’ be they’re talking about…?’
The group of four walks north. Dialogue while walking:
Player: ‘I thought you had hidden yourself from the outside world.’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Yes, that’s what I’ve told you.’
Player: ‘Then, how come these two are human and walking here like it’s nothing?’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Don’t worry (Fairy leader) will explain everything later. Please be patient.’
Player: ‘Hmm, okay.’
The four of them walk a little further without speaking a word. As they reach a big palace-like tree.
Player: ‘This must be that huge tree I just saw at the train.’
The man and woman walk in.
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Guests may go first.’
Player: ‘Thank you.’

You walk in followed by (‘Name of fairy’).
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Wait here for a moment. I think my father is sleeping. He is very proud of being a royalty, so he wants to look good when you see him. Talk a little to the others in the meantime.’
Player: ‘Sure.’
The 3 walk into another chamber.
The player is allowed to walk again.
(Conversation text will be done later)
When player walks into the chamber the other 3 went in earlier, (‘Name of fairy’) walks up to him. He was just coming to get you.

(‘Name of fairy’): ‘You may come now.’
Player: ‘Alright.’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘My parents want to meet you first, so you will need to have a little more patience to see our rulers.’
Player: ‘Oh right, your father is the king’s sibling. Does he have any power in this forest or does your father rule this all by himself?’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Well, my uncle does indeed have the most power. However, just like in the outer world, we have a council of the most wise (‘Name of race’). Most of them, like my dad, have been in it for ages but 3 of them are chosen every 5 years. Therefore, we won’t have the same rulers forever.’
Player: ‘Okay. By the way, are you guys able to use magic?’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Of course we are!
Player: ‘Then why didn’t I see anybody using it?’
The player and the fairy arrive in a chamber with a big door. The fairy halts.
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘In the old days, we used magic like yours. But as time passed, we developed our own magic. It’s not visible for humans…’
Player: ‘What do you mean, ‘Not visible for humans’?’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘As I just said, we developed our magic. We don’t cast it with magic seals. Use a little magic and you will see your magic seal.’
Player automatically uses a spell.
   Natsu: Iron fist of the fire dragon
   Lucy: Summons Plue
   Erza: requips into another armor and transforms back
   Gray: Makes some ice.
Player: ‘Yes, I know that.’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Now, I’ll create a small plant, as I’m the flora mage. I can create plants, bushes even trees. After that, they move as I wish.’
(‘Name of fairy’) whispers something, not understandable, and makes a sign with its hands.
A small plant starts to grow next to the two.
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘Did you see anything?’
Player: ‘No, apart from you whispering something and doing something with your hands, I didn’t notice anything.’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘That’s because you only look with your eyes.’
Player: ‘How else would I be able to look…’
(‘Name of fairy’): ‘I’ll explain it to you after you meet my father, he is waiting.’
The two walk, through the big door, into the chamber.

This is as far as I am at the moment.

What we need

I am looking for Graphical Artists. There are lots of sprites that are to be made. You will be able to make them at your own pace. You won't be pushed to have one before a deadline.
Different kinds of sprites that I need:
Tilesets, I want the game to have the same environment as the anime and manga have.
Character sprites, There are at least 15 playable characters.
Building sprites, these consist of buildings and also of overworld sprites like trees and such.(this collides a bit with tilesets)
I am also looking for a Musician. I'd like the game to have the same music as the anime has. It is composed by Takanashi Yasuharu. It needs some editing so it is suitable for a game.

Note: This isn't a paid job.

Contact
MSN, E-Mail: oliviervb@live.nl
My thread on HBGames
I also am very active on: PlanetDev
My thread on PlanetDev
My profile on PlanetDev

I hope to hear from you!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:47:13 PM by GAOlivier »

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
Hey dude, I unfortunately can't help you out right now, but if you go here, it will be the guy third to last, he might be able to do your sprites. I wish you good luck on your game.  ;)
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46073&st=0