RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request]Equipment's Resistance

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Equipment's Resistance
29 December 2010

Summary
Hello^^
I need a script that alows equipment to have a resistence.
Each time the weapon is used, it loses resistance point and % of its stat.
And when the resistence get 0,the equipement lose stat.
Armor and other loses resistence point after battle.
And the player can repair the broken equipment.
Please see Features.
I use SBS Tenkatai last version.
For exemple:
Basic Sword have 100 R(RĂ©sistence point).
When Basic sword are used to attack,it lose 10 R.
Each time Basic sword lose 10 R,the stats decrease by 10%
When the Basic sword's R get 0,this weapon's stat is NIL.

Features Desired
  • Resistence for each weapon,armor and other
  • Lose R and % desired of stat for weapon when it is used for attack
  • Lose R and % desired of stat for armor and other after battle
  • Player can repair a broken equipment
  • A midle broken equipment have his name in yellow color
  • A broken equipment have his name in red color

Did you search?
Yes

Where did you search?
  • Here
  • Other site

What did you search for?
  • A script like this

Thank you =)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Durability is actually a lot heavier a script than you might think. By default, weapons and armors are not saved on an instance basis, and so to do this script, the scripter needs to rewrite a major way of how items are handled in RMVX. The ones that have been made to date are plagued with compatibility issues. That's not to say that it is impossible to write one that isn't, but it is a slightly more difficult task.

Anyway, I can't find the one that I know exists currently, but it is out there (not on this site though). You might want to take a look. If I recall, it has a bunch of features, not just durability.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
I did not think it would be so hard to do.
I will do research