RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine (not made by me)

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
Ren'Py is a free and cross-platform visual novel engine that helps you use words, pictures, and sounds to tell stories with the computer. Its easy and efficient script language makes it possible for non-programmers to make visual novels, while its Python support allows for complex simulation games. It's created by PyTom around August 24, 2004.

Features:
- Free to use and Free for commercial games.

- Ren'Py supports nearly all features that a visual novel might reasonably be expected to have, including branching stories, saving and loading of games, rollback to previous points in the story, a variety of scene transitions and so on.

- Cross Platforming: Allows games to be played on Linux, Mac and Windows.

- Ren'Py uses a simple text-based script language to write games in. It uses Python.

- Allows easy customization such as present things in NVL-mode, which shows more than one block of text on the screen at once. Change Themes and Layouts to change the look and feel of the various menus.

- Easier to distribute in different languages.

- Audio: OGG, WAV (uncompressed PCM only), Mp3, Mp2.

- Movie Formats: Theora, Mpeg4, Mpeg2, mpeg1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Page - http://www.renpy.org/wiki/renpy/Home_Page

Look's good, you can make games like the old game Nocturnal Illusion...
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Very cool Kaboth.

Totally going to try this shit. Loved the Princess Maker series (currently addicted to a flash version right now).

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
*Has been a great fan and casual user of Ren'Py, and player of many of its products, for about three years now.*  <3

Currently the best engine of its kind.  Highly recommended!

Rep:
Level 73
rmrk member
I downloaded, but I'm confused on how to even begin... ...Like how to open it.
Spoiler for:

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Read the manuals an tutorials on their wiki, LOL.  But seriously, can't be that hard.  XD