RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Mythical Farm Tech Demo Up! (22/8/11)

Rep:
Level 74
Don't underestimate Porings
~~

Check out the project's website right here! (Old)

Note: This story takes place in a fantasy world just like ours, with same historic events except that it has Baeons.

Spoiler for:

During the peaceful age of simplicity, human farms and breeders were in abundance. They lived simple lives; herding, farming, and of course, breeding for survival. But they weren't the only creatures that walked amongst the fertile lands of the world. Creatures known as Baeons thrived along-side the humans in a sort of truce. In exchange for their food, the Baeons helped the humans in their farms. But the strongest of these creatures, the Aeons, were favored over the Baeons due to their magical properties. And because of their magical properties, they were constantly mistreated and abused to work the farms.

The humans never knew what hit them when the Aeons just... disappeared...

Trying to recuperate from the loss of the miracle workers, you must help the world rebuild the farm in order to survive. With Baeons still wandering the lands, and adventurous farmers achieving the same goal,have them join you in your quest to save your farm; and maybe, just maybe, you might find out where the Aeons are... and how to bring them out of their hiding...

Since the 12 Missing breeds died out, the animal farming world was thrown into
a state of disbelief and shock.

Raising the 12 breeds could bring you a fortune as the magical properties of the breeds
could better nurture animals into stronger and more immune ones.

Your job is to find breed back all the 12 breeds through cross-breeding and
hatching various eggs. You can also depend on the villagers' help in finding the lost breeds.

Kudos to drakonianpupp for the main storyline!

Spoiler for:
-Raising Animals
-Beautifully Mapped Enviroments
-Farming
-Fishing
-Bank (Sorta... It was just a script)
-Day/Night Speeches
-Bulletin Board
-Jobs
-Customizable houses
-Sick Animals!
-Marriage
-NPCs that talk randomly
-Computer

Spoiler for:
You get to play as two red-head characters:
Ian Mclaine:

Ian was forced to move to Bluebell Village after he was fired and couldn't find a job. His mother has gone senile and Ian isn't living with her anymore, though she is Ian's only family. When Ian couldn't find a job, he went online and found a job that requires him to move to the rural area, into Bluebell Village and start his life as an animal farmer.

Ian is most of the times, cold and reserved since he was bullied and his parents divorced when he was very young. He also has dyslexia, so Ian is very shy in public and does not like socializing.

Ian likes reading, going for quiet walks and surfing the internet and his favourite Baeon is a Pudding. He hates socializing, awkward and embarrassing moments, parties and is allergic to dust.

Evelina Crandall

~No biography yet. Stay tuned~

Spoiler for:

That's all I got >.<

Get the MF Tech Demo!.

This tech demo features the intro as well as the farming system. You will be given a choice at the beginning if you want to watch the intro or try out the farming system. In the farming system, open the chest, buy all items (except the barricade) on the table. The type of brand does not matter for now :3 You need the scythe for killing pests. The barricade can be bought if you want to block off all pests for 6 seconds. After that, TALK TO THE FIRE ELEMENTAL FIRST TO ACTIVATE THE FARMING SYSTEM. The instructions will be displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Talk to the doctor if your pet has an illness.  The pink-dressed girl will recolor your Baeons. I suggest you only change the colour of one Baeon to differentiate the 1st and the 2nd Baeon. The crystal at the upper right corner will change Baeons:

01: Pudding
02: Draco

Changing Baeons will reset all stats!

The egg hatching system is still a WIP.

To kill a pest, just walk up to it. Done.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxw5dYJqlA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxw5dYJqlA</a>

Will be a long list, so I'll just place the more significant people to credit:
-Celianna (Almost impossible to add her >.<)
-Lunarea (Her too >.<)
-Ying
-Scinaya
-VitaminDog
-Mack
-Looseleaf
-Jalen
-Ragnarok MMO
-Anaryu
-IceDragon
-Bulletxt
-KGC
-Agckuu Coceg
-OriginaWij
-Yanfly

I posted the credits in the screenshots but those were old.

Support!:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,40696.0.html][IMG]http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz191/bioteam/ThreadImage_18.png[/IMG][/url]

Thanks for dropping by! :3 :3
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:26:19 AM by bioteam »

Rep:
Level 83
Haha, looks really nice. Good luck on this project, and a question. Is the Aeon on the far left a Christmas tree?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it looks good. I wish you the best of luck.

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Looks great man
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 83
A quick question, how can you breed animals that have already died out? Are they missing, as in they are lost and you have to find them, or you have to cross breed other animals to get that animal :P

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Looks fantastic!

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
I've seen people try to tackle the harvest moon style and get discouraged quickly because of everything it requires, so please press through and start simple. Don't tackle a million systems at once because you'll get over run and give up, but if you get your main system up and running you can add everything else from there it's much easier and more relaxed a way to approach it. You've got a good comprehension of what you want to do, so I hope it works out and there're lots of people helping/interested in helping so I hope it goes well. Keep posting screens once you have them available.
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 74
@Milespleasant: No, its a giant red snake with bells and horns and yes, you have to cross-breed various animals to breed out the missing breeds.

@Modern Agelbra and boxxy1756: Thanks a lot

@Stereotypical: It is!

@hawkeye: I agree, I had to revamp this game a few times before deciding on a system that I could follow.

I'll be doing a video trailer of this soon. :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
it sound very cool  8) . i am already selecting some of my characters which you mentioned it here  :police:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
this is great looking, good luck. . . ima keep an eye on this   :zwink:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Your font is terrible. That's unbearable to try and read. Why's it have to be so fuckin' crazy? (rhetorical) You're mapping is good. I'd have opted to not use the "MASSIVE FUCKING CARRIAGE AND HORSES THAT ARE BIGGER THAN THE FORREST" character set seen in the very first screenshot. haha

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I have to further the font question. We've all been to free font databases. :<
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 74
Look, I've updated everything so stop complaining about the font. Just that.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
what is "Ragnarok - Angevon"

is that a private Ragnarok online server? because if that's who you're crediting, I'd fix that.

even if they're modified by someone, or something, you should still be crediting Gravity Corp for the sprites.

or is that your source you got the spritesheets from. because you should credit both.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 08:45:23 AM by Strike Reyhi »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I feel like you're making this in XP, but if you're not, then you must be using the same strategy to map as Joy, which is fine by me cause it just means it's more amazing.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I...

I want your tiles...

Also...

Whens the demo! I want to play this SO FUCKING BADLY!

Rep:
Level 74
@Strike Reyhi: Angevon is a RO Sprite Ripper where I get all my RO Sprites from

@grafikal: Joy seems to be pretty popular around here. I use fog mapping, no parallaxe at all. *Gasps*

@Stocking:... Most of the tiles are BenBen's and Tana's, just do some google searching.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
ah, well you should still credit gravity as well and not just the ripper.

Rep:
Level 74
Don't mean to necropost but this project has gone through many changes so I'm updating the OP with the new content. There's still a lot of eventing and work to do though >.<

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Glad to see this is still in the works.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
It looks a lot better. The screenshots are beautiful as hell.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Those screenshots are damn amazing.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 74
Sorry for not posting earlier, thanks everyone :3

I'd like to update this thread with a vid showcasing the animal farming system:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxw5dYJqlA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxw5dYJqlA</a>

Rep:
Level 74
I've upload a new tech demo to showcase the early introduction of the game and the farming system. Be sure to report any bugs:

Spoiler for:
This tech demo features the intro as well as the farming system. You will be given a choice at the beginning if you want to watch the intro or try out the farming system. In the farming system, open the chest, buy all items (except the barricade) on the table. The type of brand does not matter for now :3 You need the scythe for killing pests. The barricade can be bought if you want to block off all pests for 6 seconds. After that, TALK TO THE FIRE ELEMENTAL FIRST TO ACTIVATE THE FARMING SYSTEM. The instructions will be displayed at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Talk to the doctor if your pet has an illness.  The pink-dressed girl will recolor your Baeons. I suggest you only change the colour of one Baeon to differentiate the 1st and the 2nd Baeon. The crystal at the upper right corner will change Baeons:

01: Pudding
02: Draco

Changing Baeons will reset all stats!

The egg hatching system is still a WIP.

To kill a pest, just walk up to it. Done.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:49:35 AM by bioteam »

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
holy shiiiii
playing right now