RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP/VX] some idea for map with panorama

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Hello !

I will give you some idea for map with panorama, and of course, how to do this.

In first, I will give you a part of code that I have modified for have a panorama which don't move.

I guess that It's the same script for you (Why not?)
I have modified the lines 121 and 122

Code: [Select]
    @panorama.ox = $game_map.display_x / 8
    @panorama.oy = $game_map.display_y / 8

if you put an other number that 8, the panorama will move faster (<8) or slawer (>8) than the real map.

So...
now, the real tutorial.
You will need photophiltre (studio or not)
You can adapt this tutorial for other graphic logiciels, but me I have just this one :/

My first idea, for town (it's not the only =p )
un place with stair

Spoiler for:

for start this tutorial, you sould create four pictures: (in the order in the screenshot)
- the ground who will be downstairs
- the floor who will be upstair
- the horizontale part of the stair
- the verticale part of the stair

My verticale part is the same that my horizontale part, but I have added a verticale movement (filtre => optical effect => euh... ^^' flou movement...)
mitigate to 50 % (edition => mitigate ... )
and gamma - (2time)

Now, we need a form for the stair.
Create it in black in a white picture.

We will not create a simple line...

Don't let pointed corner. The result is bad after.
duplicate the picture

later, we need to create the steps
put your first color in white
copy and paste like a mask (edition => special past
move your "mask" up
If you are with photofiltre studio, merge the layers

For do a new step, put your first color in black
and paste like a mask
adjust height. The white between the blacks stuffs will be the elevation of your step.
merge the layers

Now, the verticals parts
Here, there is three
duplicate the picture
Copy and paste like a mask
Move up the new stuff
the new and the old stuff should be Bunk (In the screen, the red distance should be deleted)

you will use this technic too for have more steps

If you want one step, repeat the same action but just on the bottom
If you want deux steps repeat this on the bottom and on the top
If you want more step, do as for two step and add one on the top

The result for two steps:

merge the layers
change for negative. (setting => negative)
You can see in black the verticals parts between the step

With the pen, the first color in white, delete the black parts in the bottom et the top

assemble your pictures like this
(edition = > spécial paste => assembled paste)

the first picture (the form) on the left of the ground who will be upstair
the second picture (the steps) on the the left of the horizontale part of the stair
the third one (verticales parts) on the the left of the verticale part of the stair

You should have this:

assemble all the picture
(edition => special paste=> picture and mask associated)

past the upstair ground (in the downstair ground)
After, paste the step
And in last one, the verticales part.

The final result:

In game, in my big city of Esparide :

Spoiler for:

I now, the stair in the right are bigger...

It's after translate this tutorial that I guess that my project will not be in english tomorrow ^^'

Sorry if I have do big faults
And if the names of differents photofiltre's command are not the same ^^'

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Wow, that looks great. It takes away from RMG maker's blockiness. It makes the city feel grander.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
Neat idea - definitely helps break the grid and make it a bit prettier. Good job.

kikiki
Rep:
Level 84
Hi
Truly great job on this... I definitely have to try this sometime; my cities are ridiculously bland.

PS: this is my first post after i was banned hehehe
Hi

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Wow, thats kickass. I might use this at somepoint, thanks for doing this.

Rep:
Level 75
Neat. Thanks for sharing.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
i'm happy if my tutorial is useful =D

Now, I will give you... not an idea, not really a tutorial, but ressources for photofiltre studio.
Install the pictures in : "... Photofiltre studio / Nozzles "

For use them, you sould click on the strawberry in the bottom right corner of tools. (on the right)
I recommend you to put the others in a new file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OKUDTQDV

for exemples, I give you two map and their panoramas.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

It's finish =D
I hope I was helpful
bye

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2010 Favourite Staff Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
They look awesome. Great job!

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Yeah, these look awesome. A lot less blocky than RPG Maker usually is.