RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] 2 questions [RMXP]

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
OK so I have two questions that I could really do with getting answers to.

The first  is has anyone worked out a formula for enemy attributtes compared to your own?  I've made my own characters with their own stats, but they can't even touch the monsters that they fight.

And teh second is how to i create barrier on XXX in, where XXX is the town type?  Every time i try they just walk into the black.

Please help me.  All help is much appreciated.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:42:51 PM by blitzer136 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I was the first Corlen.
The first question I don't know a specific formula for calculating the stats you need to set for a monster.  I just use trial and error and play through my game and set monsters appropriately for the level I'm at and keep adjusting until I'm happy with the results.

The second question, could you please restate, I didn't understand what you were asking.

RMRK Junior
Ok, Thanks

Sorry, i meant that, for example I use the Forest Tile Town Set, how would I keep my characters on the floor of that area, like the wooden tiles

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
If you want an exact formula, try the battle formulas in the help file.

As for barriers, make sure the walls you use are solid. In the tileset section of the database, tiles with an O on them are passable, and tiles with an X are solid.

RMRK Junior
Thanks for the help guys, very much apprechieated