RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Timer Freezes Game

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I put this timer in a common event to control the seconds in my day/night event system. However, my game just freezes when it runs.

Set Variable1 = Play Time
Loop
  Set Variable2 = Play Time
  Set Variable2 -= Variable1
  If Variable2 = 60 Then
    Break Loop
  End Branch
Repeat Above

What I did was set Variable1 to the current game time. Then it sets Variable2 to the current game time and then subracts variable1 from variable2. It keeps doing that until the difference between the two variables is 60. Help is appreciated. Oh and I didn't use the wait command because 1. it goes only up to 999 frames per wait command and 2. the wait command doesn't work well with switching maps. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 01:40:43 AM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Nevermind. I figured it out. DOH