RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Cutscenes For Dummies With Pictures

Rep:
Level 74
A Fairy Very Wise
Hello And Welcome to My Very First Tutorial :)

CUTSCENES FOR DUMMIES! (Da Da Duuuun)

Soanyway.

Lets Dive into this Tutorial and See just how to make cutscenes. Since alot of you Newbies (New guys) To Rmvx can make a Sucsessful Cutscene.

Now dont worry , i wont dive into Great detail. as This is just going to be one of those SIMPLE ones. Even a CAVEMAN can do it. :D

1#  First we need To Design The Scenery. Averagly You can Make all Kind of Diffrent Decorating.
Unfortunatly i will be using My own Tileset. But you can Imitate It Easily.

Now that you Made/Copied The Scene. Time to Put our Characters.
I Will be (Luckily) Using RTP Graphics.

Now. After using these Young little Fellas, Lets Make a Cutscene Event.
Now Make Sure its "Through" , It should Have No animation.
And no Graphic; Also make Sure To Make It "Autorun" as you Dont want Your Player To Move During a Cutscene.
How about some Dialogue?
Lets Make the Girl say something.
Lets Also Have the Guy respond.

After That Kindelness,
How about We make Some Movement and Animation?
These two Actions are the Simpleset A newbie can do.

As you Can See i:[/color][/b]

• Switched Speed to 5 To Simulate Running Motion.
    • I Made Her Move Four times Down To reach The Bully
    • I Had Targeted The Little Girl , as i want HER to do the action.[/color][/b]
Now that i Have The Movement Set , Lets Put the Animation.

As you can see i Targeted the Bully this time , as he is the one getting Hit , and i set an Animation.

Now since our player Is Not in The Cutscene , Lets Change His Graphic To  Nothing

Note: You may skip this Part if your character IS in the cutscene.

Note: If you are Using any Caterpillar Script (Wich i doupt) Youd Have To Switch All of Your CURRENT party's Graphics To None.l

Now after Youv Set it to NONE put that Command at the Beginning of the Sheet.
Now lets End it with a Finishing Line from the Bully!

After That , Just Make your actor Reappear. There you go.[/color][/b]
Take this Advice: "Meow" :3

Rep:
Level 74
A Fairy Very Wise
Two Days n No Replies?

This's Embarissing Mayun >.>
Take this Advice: "Meow" :3

Rep:
Level 83
Well, I would have found this helpful for XV, if I hadn't been using RM2K3 for a while. XV and 2K3 have a couple of differences, but I can still make cut scenes though.