RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX]Revenant (working title) Recruitment

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
I realize that I'm probably not the most well known or well liked and If you've seen any of my topics, I may well come off as a d***.  But there is a project in the works.

Revenant is the working title for my upcoming project.  This is not a zombie referance; it actually refers to the meaning of the word, "One who returns."  This refers to some key plot points that I'll not go into detail at the moment.

Story: The world is a medieval set fantasy.  It primarily revolves around the conflict between the Kerias Empire and The Order.

Spoiler for The Empire:
A once powerful nation, several centuries of weak rulers have allowed the once vibrant culture to decay and collapse.  The Aristocracies squabble with each other over land, wealth and power, tearing Kerias apart for their own ends.  A newly appointed Emperor hopes to change this, putting the launching a campaign to place his former vassals where they belong.

Spoiler for The Order:
The Order is a freelance military organization with its Headquarters in an unpatrolled province of the Empire.  It was established in answer to the chaos of the Empire's decline as they took on a great deal of responsibility of keeping the peace and enforcing law.  Some suspect that the Order might be able to rule the Empire more effectively as rumors of a possible coup spread.

There are other states but they are outside of the zone of importance and irrelevant to the story.

Spoiler for Characters::
And what story is complete without its cast of characters...

Mathias
Hair: Red/reddish brown
Eyes: Brown-grey
Birthplace: Marin, Kerias Empire
Background: Born to a merchant marine and a blacksmith’s daughter, Mathias has a tendency to have nothing but distain for the Aristocracies.  After the disappearance of his father, Mathias was forced to take care of his mother, who had become sick with grief and had taken to drinking.  Upon discovering the Order, he chose to enlist, sending his pay to his mother to make ends meet.  He was also pleased by their egalitarian-meritocratic structure which helped to “level the playing field.”  He tends to come off cross and irritable to most but he has compassion for those he has come to respect.

Katrina Graham
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Birthplace: Volkeheim, Kerias Empire
Background: As the youngest daughter of the former General Philip Graham little was expected of Katrina.  Her mother died giving birth to her; this knowledge weighing heavily on her mind, not only because she killed her mother, but also left her father with no male heir.  Hoping to find something her father could proud of, she took up archery in the hopes of following in her father’s footsteps.  However, the Empire has long been a regressed state and women were not allowed into the army.  Upon looking into the Order, she saw that they recruited women, giving her a chance to finally prove herself.

Albert Maleck
Class: Emperor
Hair: Black
Eyes: Dark green
Birthplace: Volkeheim, The Empire of Kerias
Background: The young prince took his father’s place once the former had passed.  Disturbed by the decay of his Empire, Albert launched a brutal campaign to put the nobles under his control once more.  He is usually calm and level headed as well as brutally cunning.  Some in the Empire suspect him of murdering his father to take the throne, though few truly care to look into the subject.

Abel Webber
Hair: Black, beard (no mustache)
Eyes: Brown
Birthplace: Kerias Empire (region unknown)
Background: The Commander-in-Chief of the Order, General Webber leads the private army.  Little is known about his past.  Generally, he is stoic and silent though to attain the rank of General, everyone knows he has to have earned it.  Marked by an odd twist of cunning and compassion, his eyes show the permanent scars of sadness and hatred.

What I can do…
Generally, while I am no expert, I am fairly competent at story making and verbal character design.  I am also passable with event making and map design when it comes down to it.  Basically, when I have the resources, I can make the game all by myself…

What I cannot do…
As I said above, I can make a game when the resources are available.  So why do I need help?  I do not have the resources I want and need.

Among the chief list of things I suck at, the two big things are Art and scripting.  I will also not make the arrogant claim that I am a perfect at story writing and the rest of the above, so those who elect to help have some say in the creative process.

What I need…
Sprite artist
Field sprites are one of, if not the most important visual parts of the game.  However, these sorts of things can actually be delegated to two different artists as they generally fit into two different categories: Humans and Non-humans.

Face Artist
For talk sections and menus, these act as the main character art.  Faces can be simply cropped from full body art and I may choose to use larger images in text sections anyway (like Fire Emblem).  Char. Art

Still Life
Simple sprites seem rather impersonal so some of the more touching cutscenes will come up short unless something is done in that regard.  While a movie would seem like the best bet, that almost mandates VA which I am not sufficiently interested in.  Then I recalled Fire Emblem and the stationary images that sometimes flashed up on screen.  This could pull off the effect that I am looking for.  The previously mentioned face artist is the best candidate for this job. Char. Art

Monster
This is actually a low priority job as I do not yet know if I will use the standard battle system or not.

Miscellaneous
Title screen, game over, battle backgrounds.  While the third is low priority and the others can be lumped in with the Still Life, It needed to be mentioned overtly.  Monsters are actually part of this category and this does not require only one artist.

Musac
This is only have necessary but…I just don’t like the music provided by Enterbrain in this.  I don’t know why, I just don’t.

Script Advisor
I am relatively computer illiterate and also a bit terrified of messing up.  Again, no limited number.

All of the above will receive recognition in the credits.  And if a Scripter borrows someone else’s work, please tell me who so that they get put in too.

Character Art:
Sprite Art:
Additional Art:
•   
•   
•   
Musical Compositions
•   
•   
•   
 Scripting and Technical Support
•   
•   
•   

This is how I plan to make out the credits.  If there is a problem, tell me before I make an ass of myself.

Additional Thoughts
I still can’t quite give up the Tactical idea I had for this.  I don’t know why.  Though I might be interested in the field battle system shown in one of the other games on this site.

Contact Information
I do not have a true website devoted to this sort of thing but for the most part, I check my PMs you can email me at ajwerefang@gmail.com
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 06:45:45 AM by Werefang »
Currently Following: