RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Æsir

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
Æsir
A Work in Progress

About the game

Æsir is a fantasy RPG: Magic, Swords, Samurai, Monsters. Judging by the content, and possibility for fowl language the rating would probably be T-M. It's not going to be too over exciting. I don't know anything about scripting, and I lack the computer artistic talent to make animations, or sprites, so the simpler the better. That and I want to make it have a feel like the old classic games. 2D battlers, low tech, good story. The games we grew up with.

Basic Story

Welcome to the land of Shurnir(Soor-neer)! It is a land filled with many bounties. One of the more prominent of which are those whose thrall over the elements is great. These beings are known to be above the others around them as they can do things others cannot. The vast majority of these being would also use their powers for the greater good of the land, or their fellow "man." Some use their power for building, some for demoloting. Some use their power for training their body, or their mind.

However, a dark cloud has been seen over the horizon of Shurnir. This malevolent force has been edging it's way towards the land. The devastation that It is to wrought could be very counter productive for the people of Shurnir. It will be up to a select few the Æsir have chosen--their Einherjar--to meet this force head on, and defeat this threat.

The threat call themselves the Vanir. Beings of terrible character. They use the gift passed to them from the Æsir to wreak havoc on the land. To destroy what many have spent their lives to build. They wish nothing but to push the Æsir out, and control the land of Shurni with their own iron claw. The worst of these beings is one with whom much trust has been place. One whom would not be expected to do such a thing. Will the Einherjar be able to defeat such an opponent? Can they really be expected to bring their blades down on one whom they have trusted so much. With their very lives. We shall see...

Good Guys and Bad Guys

The Good
The main character is Ramen Toshio Uzumaki. He is 20, and wears medium to heavy armour. His weapon of choice is the Katana. He will have various degrees of said weapons. Some will have elemental affinity; others will be used to cut through beasts with ease. He comes from a clan of Samurai. His element is Wind.

He was raised by his Sensei Mitsuka. He is 35 years of age, and wears heavy armour. His weapon of choice are decorated Katana. He will be seen throughout the story, but will only have few minor roles. His element is also Wind.

Kinrugi Neko is a female fire mage. She is 12 years of age, and has only a slight grasp on her abilities. Wears light armour. Throughout the story you will see her making mishaps with her magic trying to help her friends. Her weapon of choice is her magic, but they are enhanced by staves. Her element is Fire.

[More to Come]

The Bad

Lillard Tepesh. He is 22 years of age. Wears Light to Medium armour. A ninja that specializes in steath, and ninjutsu. He uses two small straight katana as weapons, but also uses stealth skills, and ninjutsu to fell his foes. He starts off as a good characters but ultimately falls in the "bad guy" category. His element is Thunder.

Xero Izumi Uzumaki. He is 18 years old. He wears medium to heavy armour. He drew the short stick and was born with his mother's name as his middle name. Ramen's younger brother. He left the village not believing in their principles on how to use their skills. He felt he should be able to use his power whenever and however he wanted. His weapon of choice is a straight katana, but sometimes falls to two short ones. His element is Ice.

[One or two more to come]

Team

As of now my team consists of myself, and a friend Sanctum38. He has done some of the music, and made the title graphic. Mapping, finding scrips, and most everything else has been done by me. Scripts have been credited to their respective owners below.

Links

Scripts

• Default RMXP scripts.
  • Full Screen
  • Unlimited Party Size CMS
  • Bestiary
  • Party Size
  • Mission/Quest
  • Multi-Slot Equipment
  • Active Time Battle
  • Crafting
  • Shop Interface
  • Heal on Level Up

Thanks

Beta Testers:
Tyler Furness
Krystine Therriault
Nolan Rooney
Kyle Andrade
Tetsuko
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Scripts:
Default Scripts - RMXP
Menu - albertfish/Ike
Bestiary - Cold Strong
Party - Fomar1053
Multi-Slot Equipment - Guillaume777
Mission/Quest - Leon_Westbrooke
Shop Interface - Leon_Westbrooke
Crafting - Leon_Westbrooke
Full Screen - Unknown
Heal on Level Up - Ccoa

Screenshots

Title
Spoiler for:

Game Over
Spoiler for:

Demo

Will get a demo up once I finish up to the first town, and get a quest or two in. Is there a good place to upload it online? I've been using www.filedropper.com.

Special Thanks

Special thanks to Kitten for teaching me the secrets of the post layout! Hehe. I'd also like to give a special thanks to my friend Chris Robitaille for getting me RMXP.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:25:45 AM by Ramenuzumaki »
Spoiler for:

RMRK Junior
A problem I've been having is deciding how many equipment slots I should have. RMXP has the default Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory. A few of my friends said that was enough. Others have said to add hand, and feet. A total of five.With the multi-slot script it comes with Main hand, off hand, shield [since it is an armour, and the offhand is considered a weapon], head, body, hand, accessory, and collar. A total of eight. I can increase this to however many I desire, or even reduce it to the default. I was hoping for a dual wielding class like a ninja or martial artist. To do this I can either use the Main and Sub, or make it just "Weapon" using the default and have it attack twice, and just make that class not be able to use shields in the database. With the Multi-slot script I can make weapons attack multiple times, be cursed [unremovable], or two handed. With the script you cannot have a two handed weapon with a one handed weapon, nor can you have two one handed weapons and a shield.

Any comments?
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 89
A problem I've been having is deciding how many equipment slots I should have. RMXP has the default Weapon, Shield, Head, Body, Accessory. A few of my friends said that was enough. Others have said to add hand, and feet. A total of five.With the multi-slot script it comes with Main hand, off hand, shield [since it is an armour, and the offhand is considered a weapon], head, body, hand, accessory, and collar. A total of eight. I can increase this to however many I desire, or even reduce it to the default. I was hoping for a dual wielding class like a ninja or martial artist. To do this I can either use the Main and Sub, or make it just "Weapon" using the default and have it attack twice, and just make that class not be able to use shields in the database. With the Multi-slot script I can make weapons attack multiple times, be cursed [unremovable], or two handed. With the script you cannot have a two handed weapon with a one handed weapon, nor can you have two one handed weapons and a shield.

Any comments?

Depends really on what you want to do. Some games use: helmet, body armor, arm armor, hands, rings, earings, necklaces, shins (above the ankel and foot), and feet. It just depends on what you would like to use and what negative effects they would have. For example if my character is in full METAL armor then his agility/speed will go down greatly.

RMRK Junior
that makes sense :3
my friends have said to stick with RMXP default because itll make the game too complicated to get all that armour which would just then be tossed/sold/replaced shortly after acquiring it. then id hafta make a quest for each piece of armour for each character. i was thinking of doing two weapons, shield, head, body, hands, feet, acc, acc. however, my atb script will only let you attack once even if you have two weapons, and my CMS status screen only shows the default RMXP equip ^^;

any if the name for the equip is too big it goes out of the box on the screen XD
Spoiler for:

RMRK Junior
Woah my topic is still here?! Awesome!
Okay! sorry for the huge hiatus, but my gf at the time I was making this game left me, and took the computer. Until now I didn't have a pc. Now I have my files off her pc, and on mine, but I do not have internet. However, I am working on that, and getting a workin copy of RMXP! :3

I'm still looking for partners for this project if anyone is interested. I'll update the first post as soon as I get the chance. :3

thanks for not locking my topic! <3
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The Comeback of the Century.

RMRK Junior
The Comeback of the Century.

sarcasm?

ps. do you know what the glasses on our avatars are? o.O
its weird

EDIT:
Edited the Basic Story. If it still doesnt seem right any help here would be hot D:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:27:17 AM by Ramenuzumaki »
Spoiler for: