RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Routine RPG Needs Original Sprites!

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Fate is the present, not the future.
Day-By-Day Routine RPG

Sorry if this seems a tad bit vague, but I'll elaborate, I suppose. Pretty much, I'm developing an RPG based on a story I've been writing for many years now. I thought having a small "What-if" RPG based on a small chapter in it would be entertaining. The basic concept is that there is going to be a world in which holds 8 temples, each one representing a separate element (Fire, Ice, Wind, Earth, Lightning, Water, Light, and Dark.) Each temple holds an orb of it's element. There will be several teams of characters (Different sized parties). They are pretty much going to be competing to try to get all the orbs for themselves. The game will be highly event randomized. You will be meeting other random teams in the dungeons, and you can actually tackle whichever dungeon you want in whatever order. Since I am using Yanfly Engine Melody's newest edition, I'll be able to easily make the dungeons harder based on whichever order it is going. You can spend days training your skills, increasing your weapon abilities, gaining money for doing small tasks for the people within your core town, and other miscellaneous things. Of course, spending too long doing this stuff, and the other teams are gonna get the orbs. However, you can find them and beat them to take whatever orb they have. All teams are going to be playable.

I hope that rundown isn't too short or too long. I feel it's one or the other.

Anyways, point being...I took a try at spriting to incorporate my characters, but I just can't do it. It's not my forte, for sure. So, anyone that would be interested in helping me out, it would be highly appreciated. I know this is my first post, and I feel kind of like a jerk not contributing before asking, but I'm willing to stick around and help people out, as I actually have some pretty good experience running RPG Maker VX events, dealing with the scripts, and pretty much anything else with it. I really have no projects to present, I've mainly just messed around, and made a few small RPG's that were lost with old hard drives.

Also, I'd like to make it obvious that I'm going to meet you halfway with this project. There are a lot of sprites I want, so I won't expect a crap-load of sprites from you without spending equal time on my game. I will send you updated files of it, to prove that I'm working just as hard as you are. I have my plans in text, when I started...it felt wrong using general RPG Maker Actors, but I'm going to be using them as placeholders for the time being.

I do actually have a small team of people I know in real life to give me my musical needs as well as the concept art. I handle story, and the events. I have a pretty strong hold on what to do for the project. Of course, everybody on the team is welcome to their opinions on every matter as well. Also, these people will serve as my testers.

So, if you're interested in joining my project, let me know. The sprites will be 8D, so keep that in mind as well. If payment is necessary, we can discuss that as well. It will be a non-profit game, but I'm willing to spit out some dollars if you feel you need the incentive. Ok, thank you for your time, whomever took the time to read this!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 03:40:51 PM by TheTrueZephyr »