RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project Pentagram (music, art, script) Reward: Cake

Rep:
Level 76
Join project pentagram! I know where you live.
This is a trilogy me and a few others have started on RMXP.  We are in need of some help.

Help wanted
First off, We need artwork. Spritework I can do, but besides that, we need digital art to show still scenes and battle graphics (many characters have either no or just really awful battle graphics, and then the sprites that I've created...) and the title screen. Second, currently, I am head programmer-however, I cannot script, I just happen to be the best person we know at using the blocks of code already provided in RMXP. We need someone who can. And finally, we need a musician. someone to make music for various scenes and locations, digital music.

Plot
The trilogy is based off when the arts of magic, or black magic as it was called, was illegal. The game's universe is a pentagram universe. What is that? Well, it means that the entire universe is encompassed in a pentagram. A pentagram using two stars, symmetrical to eachother. Each point has a different element on it, the roman four elements, and at the top of each star, spirit (or Aether). Planet Earth is the center of the universe because it is where earth and water come together, which are the two elements at the center of the pentagram, where the two stars meet, therefore there is only one of each on the pentagram. One star represents heaven, the other hell. Spirit on one side is angel, on the other side demon. Thing is, they, despite being opposite, they were equal forces. Religion and the church have lead people to thinking heaven was good, hell was evil, and that heaven was more powerful a force. In this time, magic was about summoning demons (and in our games, angels too) and using them. It was the same everywhere, though some places had their own version of magic, for instance arabics would summon jinn, or djinn, or as we call them in english, genies (is that plural?), and so on. Witchcraft, or black magic, was illegal, and thus got the main characters of the first two games prisoned. The first game is about Helene Courteney, a girl who had befriended a fallen angel. The details of their past, why the angel was fallen and how they met is a spoiler for the second game, which had two main characters, both imprisoned for magic, in the same cell block. They escape together, which is how they meet. You alternate between their viewpoints. Eventually, they meet some people and do some stuff, which will all be a spoiler as well. The third game we know nothing about so far except it will take place in the industrial revolution and it may have a kraken using his tentacles to control a ship as a boss, I think that was something in Nelson's big pile of abandoned ideas.

What's in it for you to join the team?
Uh...you get to see the fascinating process of the game devolopment and you get insight on ideas, plot and spoilers? Er, I guess I'll have to think about that...I've got it! otherwise the game can't be made, and that would be bad. Also we give you cake.

Come one, guys!
Will someone join? please? anyone? is the cake not tempting? we need an artist. And a scripter, if possible. And musician.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 08:18:29 PM by lemonpie »