RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
First Fantasy - A Satirical Role Playing Game

Rep:
Level 80
Description
First Fantasy is a satirical RPG that parodies and pokes fun at the current RPG's of today; it contains many Meta references and homage to the many great classic RPG's. Although despite being satirical, the game remains an RPG at heart boasting a rich and full RPG experience with an epic story, characters with personalities and more boss fights than you can shake a stick at.

Synopsis
Today is the big day. It is the day Asher does his seventh attempt at becoming a Paladin. Fortunately, the God's are on his side today as he passes with flying colours. However, the ceremony is interrupted when one of Xaladin's men rushes in and says Xaladin and his men need to come out urgently. After becoming agitated Asher leaves to see what the problem was, the town is under siege and Xaladin is no-where to be seen. After a brisk walk, he finds him at the north side of Ashfield face-to-face with the most feared Legion Leader in existence - Ichiminj who kills Xaladin on the spot. It is now up to Asher to find Ichiminj and get revenge, for stopping him from becoming a Paladin.

Character Bio's

Asher
Asher is a typical 21-year-old male who has an unhealthy obsession with wanting to be a Paladin. His teacher "Xaladin" has trained him since he was 16 in the field of becoming a Paladin but has consistently failed up to now. He is sarcastic, cynical and often finds himself in the wrong situations, with sexy results.

Xaladin
Xaladin is the most revered Paladin in all of The Kingdom; he was one of the founding members that originally destroyed The Legion. He currently resides in Ashfield as the town defender and trains Knights and Initiates into becoming full-time Paladins to defend The Kingdom. Things have changed since then, The Legion is back and more powerful than ever, and this time, it is personal.

Surge
Surge appears to be in his late twenties but has never spoken directly about his age. He is a smuggler with a pirate background working for The Giovanni family as a Henchman on Vudou Isles. He is a womanizer with an inflated ego and specializes in Fist weapons with a thirst to explore the world.

Screenshots

Spoiler for:
Larger Screenshots

Script list
Spoiler for:
MiniMap by Woratana
Victory Aftermath - Yanfly
Victory Compatibility - Yanfly
Event Chase Player - Yanfly
Randomized Gold - Shanghai
Recover HP/MP/States when Level Up - Woratana
Caterpillar script - Trickster
Custom Message System - Melody
Character's Textbox - Woratana
Menu Bars - Syvkal
Ring Menu - Syvkal
RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System - Enu/Mr. Bubble
Notetags Add-on for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System - Mr. Bubble
Sideview Battle System Old Version Compatibility Script - Mr. Bubble
Animation Overlay Patch for RPG Tankentai SBS by - Mr. Bubble
More Action Sequence Commands for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System by - Mr. Bubble
Bow Attack Animation Sequence for RPG Tankentai SBS - Mr Bubble
Default Scope Options Add-on for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System - Kylock
Deactivate Battle Commands - Jens009
KGC_OverDrive - Touchfuzzy
Tankentai Animation 'Screen' and Reflect State Fix v1.0 - CrimsonSeas
Critical Effects Add-on for RPG Tankentai Sideview Battle System - Mr bubble
Show Target Status Remodel for Tankentai Sideview Battle System - Mr Bubble
Controlled Encounter Rates - Yanfly
Light Effects VX 1.1 by Kylock
Animation Bug Fixed - Woratana
Self Switch Control - Sephirothtds
Stamina System - Jet10985
Multiple Fogs - Woratana
Skill Shop - Shanghai
Lottery! - Bulletxt
Neo Save System III -  Woratana
Face Border - Woratana
Map Credit - Woratana

Just click on the image to download!

Keep up to date with the games official page here.

Show your support!

Add this to your signature!
Code: [Select]
[url="http://cynicaldiscourse.weebly.com/first-fantasy.html"][img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3048/userbarkx.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 06:41:19 PM by Toimia »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
hrm... first impressions?

Cliche concept, gender reversed, link broken

Until the last two are fixed, (or even just the last one, really, as I don't care too much about the gender one), I cannot enjoy this game... In fact, no one can, because we can't even download it.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 80
hrm... first impressions?

Cliche concept, gender reversed, link broken

Until the last two are fixed, (or even just the last one, really, as I don't care too much about the gender one), I cannot enjoy this game... In fact, no one can, because we can't even download it.

Hmm, for some reason it added a " at the end of the url, fixed it anyway.

Sorry for the inconvenience

- Toimia

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
the "secret southern exit"?

Doesn't work.

The player gets put right in front of a warp to outside, and there is no other way to go...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 80
the "secret southern exit"?

Doesn't work.

The player gets put right in front of a warp to outside, and there is no other way to go...

Hey,

When I tried my copy of the game, the problem wasn't there. However, I tried the RAR version I uploaded and somehow it seems to have glitched during the encryption process, but only a few people seemed to have suffered it. Nether the less I've re-done the teleporting part to the Sewers and it should be working fine for everyone now.

Download it here (I've updated the OP's link aswell): http://www.mediafire.com/?dzkuo26ubbfvqzi

Apologies to anyone affected by this issue.

- Toimia
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 10:09:34 PM by Toimia »

Rep:
Level 80
Hey,

I've been messaged and  it appeared there was a layering issue with the door for the Castle and a minor syntax error with the librarians in Varian City. I've issued an update which you can download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y6kpz741394q424 or the full game in the OP. Thankfully your saves can be used on the latest version without any problems, although if you want to be 100% safe insure you've saved outside of Varian city(E.g. World Map) before replacing.

- Toimia

Rep:
Level 80
Version 1.0.2.0 is now here! This contains a few cosmetic changes and a few bug fixes.

After the cutscene in Arcane city- the characters wouldn't follow you. This wasn't game breaking but it  would've stopped your party following you, they'd still fight and talk in the usual manor.

One game-breaking bug how-ever is during Arcane city, certain conditions would stop you from recieving the necessary item needed to continue further. If you've been affected by either of these problems and don't have any old saves, PM me and I'll link you to a special version which'll include an NPC that will fix both of these issues.

Download the patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/?y6kpz741394q424
OR
The full updated game in the OP.

Rep:
Level 80
First Fantasy version 1.2.0.0 is now released! This patch includes a few cosmetic fixes, including Minimap glitches. THIS PATCH IS INCLUDED IN THE LATEST FULL VERSION.

Download the patch here: http://www.mediafire.com/?wu2368vs96jld5q

Or the latest full version from the OP.

VERSION LOG

>>Vote for First Fantasy for Indie Game Of The Year 2010 on Indie/ModDB!<<
http://www.indiedb.com/games/first-fantasy...le-playing-game

Fixed Varian city castle bug where the bookshelf spontaniously combusted.

From suggestion: I've added the feature to sleep in any of the Posidon's Curse ship beds.

Corrected issue with floating text not updating properly.

Changed The Great Cliche's room change point due to a game-breaking bug where if you parked the ship right next to The Great Cliche, you couldn't return to it.

Fixed issue with the Trilly and Surge cutscene not properly updating the cutscene end flag.

Girl in Varian City is no longer confused over her gender.

Edited dialogue between Trilly and Surge during the Catacomb cutscene.

>>Vote for First Fantasy for Indie Game Of The Year 2010 on Indie/ModDB!<<

Fixed syntax error with Varian City Guards in the King's room.

Fixed scripting issue with the Stamina bar not referencing properly when called.

Fixed Capone's thug glitch where you would remain stuck if you were in a boat when caught.

Fixed bug where if you dock your ship on the first island's port, you couldnt return to it.

Corrected glitch where both "Money" and "$" were being displayed on the save screen.

Removed The Arcane creator from the game as theArcane piece bug has been fixed and is no longer necessary.

Changed priority of scripts which should fix the stack overload bug.

Removed the Grifter from the game due to it corrupting save files, alerted developer but still no fix 3 months on. Contact me if you're
a ruby programmer willing to help.

- Toimia

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Robot Unicorns ATTACK!!!!
When I find the Great cliche, what do I do? I can't go anywhere to get food, or at least not to fulfill the quest.
YOU LOST THE GAME

Projects & Recruitment
Spoiler for:
Recruitment:

Current Project:

ONLY AT RRR!
Userbars
Spoiler for: