RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Castle Chase [Complete][RMVX]

Rep:
Level 86
Project of the Month winner for February 2008
Dragonfly Studios Presents:

My name is Princess Monica Logelin; the eldest of the two children born to the Logelin Kingdom.
Since my younger brother is a boy, he is the one destined to take the throne and be King.
So, what did that leave for me? To train hard to be a proper lady so that maybe one day
I could be married off to another kingdom's Prince. Essentially, my only goal in life was to be a Queen.
I was tired of a life like that.

I had slept through my studies a lot, but that day I took my defiance a few steps further than
ever before. Under the guise of taking a break, I'd gotten myself away from Madan Appleby's
boring study and on my way towards my ultimate goal for the day!
To go on a date!

Of course, I'd need to find myself the right man for the deed first!

Originally created for RMN's two week Game Gale contest, Castle Chase is a short adventure style game in which you explore Castle Logelin and gather items which might help you woo your potential date. The deluxe edition has worked towards fixing the bugs and flaws of the original release as well as adding new content: two new endings, several variations of existing endings, and more.

Download (21 MB): [MAIN] [MIRROR]
No RTP required.

During the course of the game, the player will be faced with many options in order to help Monica pick her date for the evening. Castle Chase has a total of ten different endings that can be achieved in a variety of ways! Will Monica end up with the man of her dreams or will she be forced to be with someone against her will? It's up to you to decide!

Running around in circles and you don't know what to do? Found a neat item, but you can't imagine what it might be for? Your greatest resource is right there with you within Castle Logelin's walls! The servant girls love to gossip, and they know a lot about what's going on in the castle at each turn of the game. Talk to them or show them your items for helpful hints and tips; however, don't think you can rely on them for everything. Some endings you're just going to have to find for yourself!

New to the Deluxe version of Castle Chase is a way to track how many endings you've completed by saving a general system data. Also new to deluxe is a Bonus menu featuring lots of information about the game's characters and more unlocked as you play the game! Be sure to hang onto your system data, because it can later be transferred to the sequel game "Castle Chase 2: Hahm Kingdom's Ploy (working title)" to alter the game play based on your decisions. Unlock as much of Castle Chase as you can to enrich your experiences later in the series!

Castle Chase features a large amount of original artwork to help give the game a unique look amongst its fellow RPGMakerVX games. The tilesets and sprites have been altered to further originate the game. The Deluxe edition of the game has yet another exciting new edition in store: Along with the main castle theme of the game, there is an all new soundtrack of songs composed just for Castle Chase by the wonderful Tarranon!

Click for Fullsized Screenshots

-Sprites are from Famitsu's Sprite Generator.  Some Frankenspriting used elements from RTP sprites
-Horse sprite is based on the Harvest Moon sprite.
-Tileset is largely RTP with a few self-made additions, edits and recolours.
-Original Illustrations (face pictures, title screen, etc) by Makio-Kuta
-Main Theme by jtbengal
-Rest of the OST created exclusively for CC by Tarranon
-Scripts are all original by Racheal with the exception of the font modifications which were based off Yanfly's Outline Font scriptlet

Before resorting to the walkthrough, here are a few useful hints that might help:
-Remember the hint babes. They have a hint for every item in the game, even the ones used for the endings that don't have a linked hint babe.
-Not all endings involve getting a boy in the castle. There are a total of two endings that don't include wooing a boy.
-The courtyard is viewable from the upper level (that area straight to the right of where you start the game).
-If you only have one ending left, you might want to check out the character bios section of the bonus menu.  Characters will not appear in there unless you have their ending or they have no ending to get.

If none of those helped you or you just want to see an ending, you can check out the walkthrough section on our main site [here].

Download (21 MB): [MAIN] [MIRROR]
No RTP required.

You can also visit our website.

We also have a nice userbar if you want.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:19:00 AM by Racheal »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
This game looks amazing - I love the custom artwork and music and everything - Tarranon is a great composer if I remember his old threads here. Anyway, it seems like quite an impressive project and I will be playing it forthwith.

EDIT::

6 endings down, but it's bedtime for now.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 04:15:03 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
This does look nice. Downloading right now, we'll see how it goes.

Rep:
Level 86
Thanks for the move modern a :) I'm going to guess by the fact you put the userbar in your sig, you're enjoying it thus far?

Look forward to hearing from you cozzie :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Downloadin' now. ^^

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah, it's a lot of fun! I have eight endings now, but I've sort of run out of prospects for the last two endings. The only other named character I can think of is the delivery boy, so I'm going to try him next.

Really though, I love everything about the game; the mapping could be better, but it doesn't detract from the game in any case.

Rep:
Level 86
Enjoy Zylos :)

I don't think we'll ever be able to claim to be master mappers, but I think we manage to be serviceable without being eye bleeding. Good luck on your hunt for the last two endings. Keep in mind, that not every ending involves a boy in the castle.

Rep:
Level 86
It's been a school-filled few months, but we have finally completed and posted the walkthrough! You can find it on the game's site. In addition, we've added a section to the first post with not only this link, but also a few useful hints that might help you avoid needing the walkthrough. I apologize for the delay.

As exciting as it is to finally have the walkthrough done, that's not all we've been working on. While I have been busy with school and have barely had the chance to work on two, Makio has been hard at work making resources for it. As such, she's decided to open a dev blog where she'll be posting bits and pieces as she finishes them. So if you wanna see how the sequel is coming, or you'd like to toss in your input, you can check out the dev blog [here].

Thanks for your patience.