RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
War of the Souls (RPG Maker VX)

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
I didn't say I hated it, I said I didn't like it. There's a lot of mapping errors or just things that I don't prefer like 1 tile tall roofs, 2 tile tall doors, awkwardly shaped roofs, etc.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
There not mapping errors like in the sense of RPG Maker XP mapping errors. there "prefences of style" mapping errors would like "why do you have grass floating on nothing?" or "theirs a tree on top of a building and it doesn't look like it belongs there" or my fav "your maps need WAY more detail"

Those are vx errors.

Mine are not errors, just prefrences. :)

Has any tried this new version?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Even still my opinion of your mapping is an opinion and I only ever said I didn't like it. There is 1 mapping error in the screens you have posted and there are ways around it with VX without scripts.

Also, fix your download link. It works, but the BBC code messed up how it appears in your post. So just eliminate the extra code, I don't feel like doing it for you.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Opinions are welcome I must have mis-read, Apologizes are given. Link is fixed.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Mkay. I just started your game.

1) Your logo has a few spare pixels floating around at the title screen on the right side.
2) You misspelled "Beginning" as soon as you start a New Game.
3) What's a "Cloack"? Spelling error in your intro.
4) I'd suggest to use proper grammar* Noted because of the "quick note" about scrolling upwards.
5) Your cutscene is interesting, but the people teleport in and it appears that they just walk in off-screen instead of teleporting onto the rune on the ground (As I assume should happen? IDK, just looks like they should appear on the Rune, not from the side of the map).
6) Spelled "Remembers" wrong.
7) Spelled "Battle Field" wrong.
8) Spelled "Interesting" wrong.
9) Spelled "Affair" wrong. (But spelled it correctly on the next line haha)
10) Spelled "Concerned" wrong.
11) Spelled "Plummeting" wrong.
12) It's technically "up-rest" if you want to get fancy, not uprest.
13) Keep checking your spelling for "Field" I keep seeing it spelled wrong.
14) "Perform" not 'Preform".
15) Spelled "Unforeseen" wrong.
16) It's "Swear" not "Sware".
17) "Certain"
---- At this point I finally have control of a character for the first time.
18) Too many spelling errors to count in the explanation of how to use your GTBS.
19) In your first battle, there's a script error that appears just after you begin you actions with the female sprite with the red hair in the upper left corner of the battle field and the game crashes.

I couldn't continue considering your game crashed and there were no save points haha, I don't feel like sitting through your entire intro again.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:40:05 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Your input is welcome. spelling is always being fixed with every release.

all you have to say is spelling errors

please read the OP under "please read" dont think i could have made that clearer in the OP.

There is a crashing error that is "rare" in the sense that it only happens once through out the entire game play (that i played through) and that would be it. (the one you just encountered)

This is being looked into.

your feed back was taken into consideration.

I am not the best at spelling or grammar. I do make an attempt and do try to fix it up with every release.
Unfortunately you cannot copy and paste from word into RPG maker VX or at least I can't

Note: I even say in the OP to SAVE BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY BATTLE - in this case SAVE WHEN YOU CAN....and PLEASE READ THE OP before downloading.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm the type of player that always saves when possible, however, not that I wouldn't have saved before going into battle, but 1) I didn't know I was going to randomly get thrown into battle by simply talking to an NPC for no reason, and 2) I wasn't even thinking about using the menu, then scrolling down and selecting save. I was thinking about moving around after sitting and watching all of the intro. Personally I assumed there may have been some sort of saving location that I would need to be at to save, so saving was never on my mind THAT early in the game. Literally 20 seconds after the intro. I also don't think that the crashing issue is really that rare if it happened the first try. I haven't tried afterwards yet.

Regardless that what I posted were merely spelling/grammar errors, they're still errors. From what I understood, you just released something else new about your game just today, which brought me to this topic to begin with. That many spelling errors in the intro alone are something that I imagine you would have fixed immediately and would have fixed in this newest release. If you haven't caught them by now, that leads me to believe that you don't have any kind of editor for what you're writing and therefore I took my time to point out the mistakes being an editor for you. So if your comment to my helping you is "All you have to say is spelling errors" then I don't see why I should even continue trying to play this game. Those are errors regardless if they have anything to do with the gameplay or graphics of your game.

As a suggestion. I noticed that you asked the question if the player wanted to read the explanation of how to use the GTBS and that if you chose "No", you skip the tutorial and the material would not be covered in the future. What I think would be better is to include a "Help Script" or "Outline Script" (that I know KGC has) that can contain your explanations and basic tutorials about your game within the menu. This way a player can return to the menu anytime and re-read the information from the menu.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I see you took the time to ignore that I said read the OP that ok. let me cover it for you.

A) the explicit nil conversion error happened once through me play testing this demo for more then 4-5 hours. - Caused by NPC's moving once and not knowing where to move too.
In other battles I have had those (other npcs) move first and they do not crash the game.

B) the "location" crash error happened once through me playing 4-5 hours that is caused by there being too many dead people on the screen in your party.

Both of these are being looked into. Since they are "rare" in the sense that they only happened once.

C) I do not have a person who can go through and spell check for me. you can how ever if you want, or if any once wants. check out the latest version of the game, which is un-encrypted
here and help out and either pm me for a way to send it to me or upload it back to that site assuming you know SVN. most players don't

D) The menu is done in such away that I cannot add more to it, KGC or not. The GTBS is also pretty easy to understand with out the tutorial, even for those who haven't player FFT.

E) (far too many letters here) - This game was way worse off in version 0.1.3 Final Beta 1 back in the day. as you can see from the version notes I have made NUMEROUS fixes and changes. Spelling and Grammar have gotten better, may not be world class perfect but it is improving. I only said, say spelling errors because it looked like you were planning to write a bible of them, and sure there may be a bible. but.....again with the just say spelling and grammar errors. - makes your posting easier.

If I came off hostile in any way its not intended. there is only acceptance of peoples views.
your choice to help is yours alone and the the ability to play is yours alone.

Just for those who plan to play make sure saving is ALWAYS on your mind, until these errors are fixed. and please read the OP

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Updated the OP.

Any one have any thoughts?
This forums doesn't seem to get a lot of attention

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Your mapping makes me think of Hoshigami (Ruining Blue Earth) and those other tactic rpgs but it seems you took the tbs out. Still, it seems worth a try, so there will be one. Here I go.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I don't know what I was talking about  :o i thought you said you removed the tactical and put in side view, but i guess not. The combat is fun, but the game seems a bit repetitive. I froze at the Inn, so I stopped there. Still a fun game since I'm into tactical rpgs and such. Also, there are a lot of grammatical errors that I saw, they were minor but there were a bunch. (Feild, and instead of an, that kinda stuff) GJ bro

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Thank you for your input. Did you read the OP. You downloaded Version 0.2.1 Beta 2 That still has the tactical battle system. Version 0.2.3 Final beta 2  - which will include all of version 0.2.2 Beta 2 changes such as spelling and grammar issues, eventing issues and more - will have the tactical battle system removed. It should be released sometime this month.

Some changes to expect:

- Removed tactical battle system, kept tactical elements.
- Balanced all the enemies
- Font change to Candara
- All the text has been changed and ran through word.
- Caterpillar formation for 3 characters
- Redone the menu system
- Changed window skin
- No animated battlers for enemies.
- Steal has been added to the thieves skill tree.
- More depth has been added to the story

And much more.

Can you tell me about the freeze? Was it a "RGS2.dll is not responding" or something similar?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:57:24 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Updated OP please read

Version 0.2.3 Final beta is release. Please read OP before posting

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Taking a look at your unencrypted version, I'll have a fiddle and see what I can fix and correct bugs and spelling wise.

Loving the logo BTW.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Feed Back Wanted!!

On that note. I have a couple of developer screen shots for you all.
Something to keep you in the mood.

I have had a lot of people tell me they were "downloading and feed back when done" but I never got feed back :(
Maybe cause they didn't finish. But if they didn't or gave up Id still like to know why.

Technical Stuff
Changes are for version 0.3.0 Beta unreleased.

• Re-Balanced enemies attacks, defense and HP
  • Added a Bestiary Script
  • Added an XP script - Characters now only get a max of 100 xp before leveling. xp amount from said creature goes down the more times you face it. Making grinding harder.
  • Adding FF Cursor Script - Looking for one that works with bestiary, WotS, DR has one but its broken with bestiary script.
  • Looking at reducing MP down to 100 for all players and thus skills would need to be rebalanced

Fixed/Updated/Changed
Version 0.3.0 Beta Version notes based on changes here and other changes made not listed here.

Screen Shot(s) - Behind the scenes. Development.

My favorite map because its the entrance to the city and its unique.

Town of Yamith

oooo big scary dragon!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I haven't got round to it, give me a while :3

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Looking for Feed Back From this Community

This place may be dead but it's not that dead. I am looking for feed back on version 0.2.3 Beta 2 Final which has a whole lot of fixes to it including the new battle system.

Technical Jazz
*Applies to Version 0.3.0 Beta

• Fixed The Shop Issue where you were not getting money back for specific items.
  • Fixed The enemies, They now Level properly with you and have level caps.
  • Rebalanced The enemies so they now do less damage, have lower hp and you have a better chance
  • Changed the way xp works. you only need 100 per level, enemies only give half based on the level of the entire party x2.
  • Removed Caterpillar script.
  • Changed the cost of items, Weapons and armor.
  • Critical Crash Bug: -- Need Help on this error. You can download the latest source version from: here. This is the "Open source" version of the game where you can tweak it, build it, steal from it, ect. The bug is simple: If you have more then one player in the party and they all die in a battle that doesn't cause a game over but has events that play after, the game will freeze after the battle. (theory) If the leader of the party at the time of the battle dies and is not restored to full health before the end of the battle the game also freezes after the battle.
**This Bug is also present in version 0.2.3 Beta 2 Final.
  • Added a extra person to the first town, he sells items.
  • Added some armor to the first weapon store.

Screen Shots

You can see now that I added Tutorials to specific parts of the game.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Bump - Updated the OP with a new version of the game. Feed back is wanted.

Whats new?

-- More people have things to say
-- Fixed battle bugs and event issues

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I noticed dozens of grammatical errors, but the biggest thing was that it crashed both times I tried it.

1. When I spoke to the old man in the first town, it had a "Stack Level too deep" error.
2. After fighting the guy that attacks you and chases you out of town, after the battle, the game crashed, again.

At this point I lost interest :/

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
When was this crash? Was it before yesterday which is when I uploaded the new version? I have recently (as of version 0.2.3 Beta 3) flushed everything through word.

When reporting bugs people(s) I would appreciate what version it was in so I can state weather it was fixed or not in this version. I will check the old man and the battle.

Edit:

I just tested the beginning of the game and its stable. There is no stack level issue.

Unfortunately Due to out side testing - and me being an idiot - the game link is being taken down till a later time as I have found some serious errors >_< Should be up in the next 12-50 hours.

These errors include improper use of Fogs and caterpillar scripts
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:15:52 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Link fixed, game can now be downloaded

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Phoenix King
Download link doesn't work.

I am but a humble student of life. Come, let me show you what I've learned!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Don't beg. People will post if they want to, they don't need to be reminded.