RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
War of the Souls (RPG Maker VX)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Currently the project is: version 0.3.0.6 Beta.
Game play is: 2-3 hours. 8 hours if you look for all the items*.
The Future of the game is 3.1.0 Beta 3A will be released in January

Download the game: here (Old).**
*The font in the font folder should be installed on most computers. If its
Not on yours make sure you install it
*Current size is 75.6 Mb's - See FAQ for why.

Note: please read: War of the Souls for further updates. If you are using IE 9 or earlier please put the site into compatibility mode and if you are using FF 7 or earlier consider upgrading for a smoother experience. This site does not support IE 7,6, FF 7 or lower, Chrome 11 or lower, Safari 4 or lower.

Spoiler for Current Bugs I am aware of - Please read:

-- These bugs are for version 0.2.3 Beta 3 to 0.3.0.6 Beta 3
-- Version 0.3.1 Beta 3A will have solved all these.

• If you say No to the tutorials in the beginning

there is a black choice box that appears
This can be erased by opening up the menu (esc).
  • If you save at the chapel after defeating the troll, exit the game and re-enter the toll will be blocking your path into the chapel. Its best not to save on this map.
  • Sun beams sometimes break and or repeat on the Y axis....(issue since version 0.3.1+)

Story

Spoiler for Out Line:
War of the Souls is a story told in a town about a war going on throughout the continent of Aleven. The character Trimithe and his friends will explore the town, the surrounding area and various guild halls as they battle not just for titles, items, gold and fame but also as they take part in a war between the Guilds Sagitaria and Malixia which, as time will tell, is nothing more than a pawn for the real evil at hand.

Spoiler for Full:
The world of Balithia contains two major continents: Aleven and Balimore. Aleven, unlike Balimore is one kingdom rules over by a king, whereas Balimore is two provinces ruled by two separate people. Aleven is home to the city of Kaliz and the main town of Kalith where the whole story unfolds. You find yourself in the midst of a war between Sagitaria and Malixia. Trimithe leads the Sagitarioa guild as they do battle against other guilds in guild halls and various arenas in which you are teleported to by the pub keeper. While making a title for yourself and your guild you learn about the war that is happening between your guild and Malixia who is currently under the control of your Boy Friend Allimithe.

It is not long before you figure out the king has signed a declaration of war causing Malixia and Sagitaria into all-out war that affects the continent as a whole in terms of the economy and peoples attitude towards the war. You later find out that there is an ancient evil that was summoned by a princess ten thousand years before that now walks the earth along with the mysterious shadow ,mages that seem to do its bidding. This evil is responsible for the death of Allimithe and for the war that is waging upon the land. You also discover the king has been dead for some time and that this evil is controlling the land. Only can your love for Allimithe save the continent and the rest of the world from falling prey to evils at hand.

Game Features

Spoiler for Features:

The whole game takes place in a town and the surrounding forest. You explore rich and detailed maps that look amazing on a 1080p monitor (assuming you have one) and meet interesting people. The town changes over the course of a game, people come and go, guilds arrive and leave. Pub keepers can transport you to arenas where you can do battle against other guilds.

Cut scenes and sag ways take place outside and inside the town, from castles to dungeons to forests and plains. The music alone is dynamic and mostly self-made with a few final fantasy tactic songs making their way in.

There are numerous things to do, place to go and people to talk to. Maps are small and compact, straight to the point while heavily detailed to give you that realistic and fantasy setting look.

The people alone in the town change, while the story progresses people all around the town will change in their views on different subjects like politics, war, economics, the latest gossip and more. With this kind of heavy and dynamic evening quests also change based upon the story.

Characters

Spoiler for Characters:
The world of Aleven, while troubled with a terrible war contains characters that you will come to meet, play, come to love and understand as the story of war, love and diabolical evil overwhelm the main story. Some of the characters that you can play are located bellow

Spoiler for "Charters you can play":

Trimithe

Trimithe is the leader of the Sagitaria Guild which resides in the town of Kalith. Here Trimithe meets new guilds, new characters and even discovers more about himself, the war and love of his life Allimithe. Trimithe is a quite spoken leader who is on the search for the reason behind the king signing the declaration of war, forcing the two guilds Sagitaria and Malixia into civil war which is currently affecting the economic climate of the continent.

Allimithe

Allimithe is the leader of the Malixia Guild and the lover and boyfriend of Trimithe who is the leader of the Sagitaria Guild. While the two have come together before the war has started and fallen deeply in love to the fact where their love affects the outcome of the main story and they are both engaged in a civil war with their guilds. Allimithe is constantly seeking a way to find his way to the love of his life. He is a character who voices his disapproval of this war and eagers Trimithe to find a way to stop the war.

Anna

Anna is a quite girl who's own destiny is reviled early in the game when magic possesses her and subdues her only to kidnap her. We learn that this girl is related to the princess who summoned the shadow mages ten thousand years ago that then brought forth the ancient evil known as the "Firs"

Anna is later killed and the First takes her form and tricks the party into meeting her in the chapel of kendrix's basement after which a major battle takes place and we learn that the princess from ten thousand years ago never died that it was Anna all along.

Yavix

Yavix is a mage who is a part of Trimithes Guild and is in love with Leanna, while he bides his time, it is discovered later in the game that he falls deeply in love with her and they head off to the city to shop for supplies for the guild after the events of Anna and her kidnapping. It is here that he confesses his love and when they return alert Trimithe they plan to marry.

Leanna

Leanna is a quite spoken character who is a part of Trimithes guild and good friends with Anna. She is blind to what Anna has done in the sense of summoning the shadow mages and bringing about the doom of the world. She is also secretly in love with the mage Yavix but would never admit it until he confesses his love to her and asks her to marry him.

Jannet

Jannet is a part of Allimithes guild and his best friend. She comes to the party of Trimithe when he unites both the guilds after the death of Allimithe. She also comes to Trimithe when Allimithe is arrested on suspicion of terrorism after a bomb attacks the Guild Battle Tournament held once a year in the city of Kaliz. Not much is known about her accept we do find out her family and village were burned when a series of bombs attacked her home village. It is latter discovered she is an angel of heaven who is sent to guide Trimithe find himself after the death of his lover.

Levi

Levi is a character who speaks his mind and sais whatever he wants. He is also, like Jannet, a character who is a part of Allimithes guild and after Allimithe dies he confesses and falls for Trimithe. However Trimithes heart, while lusting for Levi belongs to that of Allimithe and it is later discovered that with the help of Levi and Trimithe is able to unlock the power of love and defeat The First.

Screen Shots

Spoiler for I know you look here first:

Note: for 3.1 Beat 3A

Special Thanks

Spoiler for Special Thanks:

I would Like to give a special thanks to Kread-EX
For fixing a serious crashing issue in the game. The issue was that players who died (if the whole party died) in a battle that did not cause a game over the game would freeze because of an infinite loop.

He has taken the time from his day to fix this issue for me and I would like to thank him for Version 0.3.0 Build 650 and up. With out him this game would have come close to an end.

I would like to thank Pac Man For his help in creating and extending a script in which with out his help this project would have come to a close as the feature I required was not present. He took the time to create and extend along with fix the issue with his extension

Credits: Yanfly/Yerd, Mr bubbles, KGC, Modern Aleabra, Leongon. Kread-EX, Axerax and Lunarea (for logo and tiles), Pac man 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:40:20 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
want to try it. Download link not working ='(
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Download links are fixed. Please keep in mind to read the Version notes for the current version released before releasing any bug reports and also read the version notes for the next release to see what HAS been fixed in the up coming version.

For crash reports please state where it was, what you were doing and the error. if its a battle error that causes the crash, please state what battle, where and the error.

-- Update:

Version notes and character's has been updated
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:52:20 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty interesting. Good luck with this project! :)

Rep:
Level 76
Please don't make me...
Looks Promising, I'll keep a eye out for this.

;8

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
The demo is up if you guys want to try this game - Its Alpha so there will be bugs but on the bright side its the final alpha before beta

--Updates

Version notes, found a bug in version 0.0.5A.
Version notes for 0.1.0B
Character info
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:23:14 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Just wondering if any one has had the chance to play the game and if so what your impressions were

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
great game but ruined by the fact u typed too much in the speach boxes so sum doens't show up ingame
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 84
I really like your mapping style. Have not had time to try it out, but I will when I do.

Rep:
Level 84
I did play it till the skill script gives error. Greath so far.

Rep:
Level 84
Every time I play it, my RGSS player crashes...oh well. I liked what I got to play though.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Thank you for this information. I knew of this error for a while but have added it to the general version notes of "Not fixed."

VERSION 0.1.0b IS RELEASED

please download and play and give feed back, thank you.

Rep:
Level 84
download link not working

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Fixed :) Apparently some forums require "" around the url and others don't

Rep:
Level 84
my old save file won't work, shit..do i need to play all again? that suckks...

Rep:
Level 84
Ok, found a bug. In the Town Of Vex, when you go to inn, to perform guild battles, against gambit guild all goes fine, but if you go against emerald, the first time, the battle occurs, but if you go there again, you automaticly win the Exp and the Gold without battling. Also, you don't lose the gamble coin. ;D

Going to play more, just wanted to tell you that.

Rep:
Level 84
Oh, i went to the other side "to the castle", and it shown the text and the troll. When the battle was about to beguin, an RGSS error appeared.

Can't do anything else, so...waiting for your replies, etc ;)

*It's going really nice btw ;)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
One please edit your posts, because you trippled posted and that's a bad thing.

two

I know of this error, the vex error, and I am looking into this thank you for pointing that out.

three,

please read version notes:

Not fixed: In windows 7 some times the Rgss will stop responding. I have no idea why.
So it is advised you save and save often.

PATCH 0.1.1b RELEASED
[/color][/size]

Please follow instructions in the Version notes "how do I patch my program"
download both the game and the patch

basically:

Download the game, DO NOT uncompress it, download the patch, run the patch, find the game where you downloaded it to and then run the patch on the compressed game.  after its run, uncompress the game and away you go.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:21:34 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Bump:

Version 0.1.2B Game has been released. this is not a patch this is the full game with out RTP. please read version 0.1.2B release notes to see whats new.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Final beta version 0.1.3 is released. please download and play. Beta 2 (version 0.2.0) my not be out till december

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ladies and gentle Men. Version 0.2.1 Has been released with all new bug fixes/content/skills/scripts/maps and more.

- Note to progress the story further in the beginning leave the town.

Feed back wanted/needed/craved and desired.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Hah, I'm not sure how I didn't notice this topic. I like how you're mapping. I don't like your mapping, but I like how you're doing it. It's similar to what I've been doing recently, with having floating maps. I'm not really sure how to describe it, you know what I mean.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
LOTS of people are assuming these are floating maps when in fact for those who have played Final Fantasy Tactics (Original, A and A2) will know these are not floating.

For example:

That is the type of mapping I am going for.

But thanks for your reply.

Has any one started to download the newly fixed, released and better version of 0.2.1 Beta 2?

I am excited to see what people have to say.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yeah, that's the same thing I've been working on as far as style of mapping. I don't really know if it has a name.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ahh well that makes sense. I like how your like "I like this style of mapping , but hate yours..."

Have you tried the game?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I didn't say I hated it, I said I didn't like it. There's a lot of mapping errors or just things that I don't prefer like 1 tile tall roofs, 2 tile tall doors, awkwardly shaped roofs, etc.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
There not mapping errors like in the sense of RPG Maker XP mapping errors. there "prefences of style" mapping errors would like "why do you have grass floating on nothing?" or "theirs a tree on top of a building and it doesn't look like it belongs there" or my fav "your maps need WAY more detail"

Those are vx errors.

Mine are not errors, just prefrences. :)

Has any tried this new version?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Even still my opinion of your mapping is an opinion and I only ever said I didn't like it. There is 1 mapping error in the screens you have posted and there are ways around it with VX without scripts.

Also, fix your download link. It works, but the BBC code messed up how it appears in your post. So just eliminate the extra code, I don't feel like doing it for you.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Opinions are welcome I must have mis-read, Apologizes are given. Link is fixed.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Mkay. I just started your game.

1) Your logo has a few spare pixels floating around at the title screen on the right side.
2) You misspelled "Beginning" as soon as you start a New Game.
3) What's a "Cloack"? Spelling error in your intro.
4) I'd suggest to use proper grammar* Noted because of the "quick note" about scrolling upwards.
5) Your cutscene is interesting, but the people teleport in and it appears that they just walk in off-screen instead of teleporting onto the rune on the ground (As I assume should happen? IDK, just looks like they should appear on the Rune, not from the side of the map).
6) Spelled "Remembers" wrong.
7) Spelled "Battle Field" wrong.
8) Spelled "Interesting" wrong.
9) Spelled "Affair" wrong. (But spelled it correctly on the next line haha)
10) Spelled "Concerned" wrong.
11) Spelled "Plummeting" wrong.
12) It's technically "up-rest" if you want to get fancy, not uprest.
13) Keep checking your spelling for "Field" I keep seeing it spelled wrong.
14) "Perform" not 'Preform".
15) Spelled "Unforeseen" wrong.
16) It's "Swear" not "Sware".
17) "Certain"
---- At this point I finally have control of a character for the first time.
18) Too many spelling errors to count in the explanation of how to use your GTBS.
19) In your first battle, there's a script error that appears just after you begin you actions with the female sprite with the red hair in the upper left corner of the battle field and the game crashes.

I couldn't continue considering your game crashed and there were no save points haha, I don't feel like sitting through your entire intro again.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:40:05 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Your input is welcome. spelling is always being fixed with every release.

all you have to say is spelling errors

please read the OP under "please read" dont think i could have made that clearer in the OP.

There is a crashing error that is "rare" in the sense that it only happens once through out the entire game play (that i played through) and that would be it. (the one you just encountered)

This is being looked into.

your feed back was taken into consideration.

I am not the best at spelling or grammar. I do make an attempt and do try to fix it up with every release.
Unfortunately you cannot copy and paste from word into RPG maker VX or at least I can't

Note: I even say in the OP to SAVE BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY BATTLE - in this case SAVE WHEN YOU CAN....and PLEASE READ THE OP before downloading.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I'm the type of player that always saves when possible, however, not that I wouldn't have saved before going into battle, but 1) I didn't know I was going to randomly get thrown into battle by simply talking to an NPC for no reason, and 2) I wasn't even thinking about using the menu, then scrolling down and selecting save. I was thinking about moving around after sitting and watching all of the intro. Personally I assumed there may have been some sort of saving location that I would need to be at to save, so saving was never on my mind THAT early in the game. Literally 20 seconds after the intro. I also don't think that the crashing issue is really that rare if it happened the first try. I haven't tried afterwards yet.

Regardless that what I posted were merely spelling/grammar errors, they're still errors. From what I understood, you just released something else new about your game just today, which brought me to this topic to begin with. That many spelling errors in the intro alone are something that I imagine you would have fixed immediately and would have fixed in this newest release. If you haven't caught them by now, that leads me to believe that you don't have any kind of editor for what you're writing and therefore I took my time to point out the mistakes being an editor for you. So if your comment to my helping you is "All you have to say is spelling errors" then I don't see why I should even continue trying to play this game. Those are errors regardless if they have anything to do with the gameplay or graphics of your game.

As a suggestion. I noticed that you asked the question if the player wanted to read the explanation of how to use the GTBS and that if you chose "No", you skip the tutorial and the material would not be covered in the future. What I think would be better is to include a "Help Script" or "Outline Script" (that I know KGC has) that can contain your explanations and basic tutorials about your game within the menu. This way a player can return to the menu anytime and re-read the information from the menu.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I see you took the time to ignore that I said read the OP that ok. let me cover it for you.

A) the explicit nil conversion error happened once through me play testing this demo for more then 4-5 hours. - Caused by NPC's moving once and not knowing where to move too.
In other battles I have had those (other npcs) move first and they do not crash the game.

B) the "location" crash error happened once through me playing 4-5 hours that is caused by there being too many dead people on the screen in your party.

Both of these are being looked into. Since they are "rare" in the sense that they only happened once.

C) I do not have a person who can go through and spell check for me. you can how ever if you want, or if any once wants. check out the latest version of the game, which is un-encrypted
here and help out and either pm me for a way to send it to me or upload it back to that site assuming you know SVN. most players don't

D) The menu is done in such away that I cannot add more to it, KGC or not. The GTBS is also pretty easy to understand with out the tutorial, even for those who haven't player FFT.

E) (far too many letters here) - This game was way worse off in version 0.1.3 Final Beta 1 back in the day. as you can see from the version notes I have made NUMEROUS fixes and changes. Spelling and Grammar have gotten better, may not be world class perfect but it is improving. I only said, say spelling errors because it looked like you were planning to write a bible of them, and sure there may be a bible. but.....again with the just say spelling and grammar errors. - makes your posting easier.

If I came off hostile in any way its not intended. there is only acceptance of peoples views.
your choice to help is yours alone and the the ability to play is yours alone.

Just for those who plan to play make sure saving is ALWAYS on your mind, until these errors are fixed. and please read the OP

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Updated the OP.

Any one have any thoughts?
This forums doesn't seem to get a lot of attention

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Your mapping makes me think of Hoshigami (Ruining Blue Earth) and those other tactic rpgs but it seems you took the tbs out. Still, it seems worth a try, so there will be one. Here I go.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I don't know what I was talking about  :o i thought you said you removed the tactical and put in side view, but i guess not. The combat is fun, but the game seems a bit repetitive. I froze at the Inn, so I stopped there. Still a fun game since I'm into tactical rpgs and such. Also, there are a lot of grammatical errors that I saw, they were minor but there were a bunch. (Feild, and instead of an, that kinda stuff) GJ bro

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Thank you for your input. Did you read the OP. You downloaded Version 0.2.1 Beta 2 That still has the tactical battle system. Version 0.2.3 Final beta 2  - which will include all of version 0.2.2 Beta 2 changes such as spelling and grammar issues, eventing issues and more - will have the tactical battle system removed. It should be released sometime this month.

Some changes to expect:

- Removed tactical battle system, kept tactical elements.
- Balanced all the enemies
- Font change to Candara
- All the text has been changed and ran through word.
- Caterpillar formation for 3 characters
- Redone the menu system
- Changed window skin
- No animated battlers for enemies.
- Steal has been added to the thieves skill tree.
- More depth has been added to the story

And much more.

Can you tell me about the freeze? Was it a "RGS2.dll is not responding" or something similar?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:57:24 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Updated OP please read

Version 0.2.3 Final beta is release. Please read OP before posting

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Taking a look at your unencrypted version, I'll have a fiddle and see what I can fix and correct bugs and spelling wise.

Loving the logo BTW.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Feed Back Wanted!!

On that note. I have a couple of developer screen shots for you all.
Something to keep you in the mood.

I have had a lot of people tell me they were "downloading and feed back when done" but I never got feed back :(
Maybe cause they didn't finish. But if they didn't or gave up Id still like to know why.

Technical Stuff
Changes are for version 0.3.0 Beta unreleased.

• Re-Balanced enemies attacks, defense and HP
  • Added a Bestiary Script
  • Added an XP script - Characters now only get a max of 100 xp before leveling. xp amount from said creature goes down the more times you face it. Making grinding harder.
  • Adding FF Cursor Script - Looking for one that works with bestiary, WotS, DR has one but its broken with bestiary script.
  • Looking at reducing MP down to 100 for all players and thus skills would need to be rebalanced

Fixed/Updated/Changed
Version 0.3.0 Beta Version notes based on changes here and other changes made not listed here.

Screen Shot(s) - Behind the scenes. Development.

My favorite map because its the entrance to the city and its unique.

Town of Yamith

oooo big scary dragon!

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I haven't got round to it, give me a while :3

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Looking for Feed Back From this Community

This place may be dead but it's not that dead. I am looking for feed back on version 0.2.3 Beta 2 Final which has a whole lot of fixes to it including the new battle system.

Technical Jazz
*Applies to Version 0.3.0 Beta

• Fixed The Shop Issue where you were not getting money back for specific items.
  • Fixed The enemies, They now Level properly with you and have level caps.
  • Rebalanced The enemies so they now do less damage, have lower hp and you have a better chance
  • Changed the way xp works. you only need 100 per level, enemies only give half based on the level of the entire party x2.
  • Removed Caterpillar script.
  • Changed the cost of items, Weapons and armor.
  • Critical Crash Bug: -- Need Help on this error. You can download the latest source version from: here. This is the "Open source" version of the game where you can tweak it, build it, steal from it, ect. The bug is simple: If you have more then one player in the party and they all die in a battle that doesn't cause a game over but has events that play after, the game will freeze after the battle. (theory) If the leader of the party at the time of the battle dies and is not restored to full health before the end of the battle the game also freezes after the battle.
**This Bug is also present in version 0.2.3 Beta 2 Final.
  • Added a extra person to the first town, he sells items.
  • Added some armor to the first weapon store.

Screen Shots

You can see now that I added Tutorials to specific parts of the game.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Bump - Updated the OP with a new version of the game. Feed back is wanted.

Whats new?

-- More people have things to say
-- Fixed battle bugs and event issues

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
I noticed dozens of grammatical errors, but the biggest thing was that it crashed both times I tried it.

1. When I spoke to the old man in the first town, it had a "Stack Level too deep" error.
2. After fighting the guy that attacks you and chases you out of town, after the battle, the game crashed, again.

At this point I lost interest :/

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
When was this crash? Was it before yesterday which is when I uploaded the new version? I have recently (as of version 0.2.3 Beta 3) flushed everything through word.

When reporting bugs people(s) I would appreciate what version it was in so I can state weather it was fixed or not in this version. I will check the old man and the battle.

Edit:

I just tested the beginning of the game and its stable. There is no stack level issue.

Unfortunately Due to out side testing - and me being an idiot - the game link is being taken down till a later time as I have found some serious errors >_< Should be up in the next 12-50 hours.

These errors include improper use of Fogs and caterpillar scripts
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:15:52 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Link fixed, game can now be downloaded

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Phoenix King
Download link doesn't work.

I am but a humble student of life. Come, let me show you what I've learned!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Don't beg. People will post if they want to, they don't need to be reminded.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't like the logo, it looks just like every other game logo nowadays.  The style was popularized by one game somewhere and now everyone is doing the text-with-texture-mask thing.  It's boring.

The mapping seems...cramped.

Haven't actually played it yet.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
My last post was the 28th its been 4 days I can bump (in most forums) legally.

Rep:
Level 75
I don't like the logo, it looks just like every other game logo nowadays.  The style was popularized by one game somewhere and now everyone is doing the text-with-texture-mask thing.

HanzoKimura lol.

I like his mapping style though, looks cute even if the maps are really small.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
My last post was the 28th its been 4 days I can bump (in most forums) legally.

Sorry, my point was to mean that bumping is fine, but I'd rather see a bump with an update.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
War of the Souls is back on...

--note: the game download and version has been updated to that of 0.3.6 please play test and feed back. This version is the current version in RRR and RPg Maker Vx comunity

I am back with new updates and concept screen shots - meaning they are not done, but very close to being done.

Since we last spoke I had issues with the mods around here and since its been four months everything has or should have died down.

I have a whole new selection of new to tell you all.

Whats new in Version 0.3.1

Titles:

Yes we need them. You can earn them. They are like achievements or they started out that way. The ones you might know of is the - Hidden items - where every map (almost every) has a hidden item. No this is not a obvious log or pile of ruble. this could be any where. it could be on the ground, you might even walk over it and never know it was there.

I have new titles though - Campaign for War and Campaign for Revenge - you can only do one of those two. they are story line oriented titles. there is also "Dwarves of Old" and Explorer.

Unlocking explorer changes the main story line - see further bellow.

There is even going to be an introduction of factions. How ever that will be discussed and used later.

Side Story and Main Story Line

The Main Story line is growing still. Three new epic scenes will be seen: City Burning, Wedding and the attempted suicide. The side story starts up after you defeat a boss - you can back track and start the side quest. It is not a quick slay a monster quest it is pretty much a whole side story where you learn more about your self, your guild and you even open up more titles, maps, areas, items and more.

If you unlock the explorer title on the map New Lands and then head back to the main story line you will see that time moved forward and different events will have taken place - it is deffently a good game to play through more then once.

Guild Halls - Vendors

With the side quests you open up Guild halls which can be purchased and will have special vendors that sell things like elite armor and weapons, rare items and talent points along with attribution points.

200+ Maps

This new version will introduce over 200 maps. It will end the side quest at "You cannot continue on at the time."
You will have a chance to get into the side story and learn more about whats going on and because you can only choose one of the titles to play through you can play the game over again.

Light and regular version

Because the game is expected to be about 120-160mbs in size I will provide a lite version that contains only the essentials and no rtp. while I will provide a regular 120-160mb download file as well.

0.3.1 is expected to be released in July, august or September.

Screenies: - concept.

Mostly of the new side quest content

« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:10:58 AM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Version 0.3.1 will contain:

--> Wedding scene
--> Attempted suicide
--> Side content

Version 0.3.1.1 will contain:

--> Arena.

Because the arena add on is so large, I am putting it in a separate release.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
Can you fix the blue text in your main post describing features and characters? It's almost impossible to read.=/
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
OP has been updated with a feature section placed under the "features" screen shots.
0.3.1 download has been released.

For those who downloaded the old version and started in the city, 0.3.1 has been updated to start you in the proper position
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:51:32 AM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Any one got any feed back on this demo?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'll try it right now. I'll edit in a few minutes (or however long it takes).

EDIT: During the opening, there is a map named The opening, and it is shown during the cutscene, try to make it not tell the name of that specific map. Oh, and I can run off of the maps in that sections before and during the first fight that I encounter. The Class Change Explanation is great, well, as a tutorial, it's great. There are a few grammatical errors in the game as well that should be scouted, such as capitalizations at inappropriate times or incorrect word forms and leaving out a space between words. I don't know how to go the second tab of a talent tree though. I like the mapping and the tint of the screen, the atmosphere is really nice. Wasn't this a strategy game before? The combat is just turn-based now. Castle is spelled wrong - Twice (Castel and Catle) - and Equipment Shop, but enough of this, you should be able to spot a few more on your own. The slimes outside of town do no damage, so I grinded them delightfully. In Vex, you can walk off of the map, so some of the NPCs do. When you go to the Inn, you can ask for a room, but when you do she tells you how much it costs then instantly takes your money and makes you go to sleep, when all I was doing was checking how much it would cost, making me lose 10 gold before I even knew the price. You should at least ask if they're sure that they want to buy a room. I like the Reputation system, but why is it called Title? People move too fast and get in my way :( -- I've been playing for around 30 minutes straight, it's a very fun game, I like how the story slowly unravels as I go on my path (although i would have liked to known a bit more about myself before jumping into the guild fighting stuff and what not) but I don't want to keep typing as I play anymore so I'll just end this here and continue playing, good luck with this one.

EDIT2: Stop calling everyone faggot, it's just awkward.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:58:19 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Its not a reputation system. its a title system you gain titles in the game and no, Its the characters and their homophobic attitudes towards the main characters of the game.

Tab through the Talent tree is as such: Q,W and to switch through characters in the inventory screens -> and <- arrow keys I believe this was explained in the OP.

Thanks for the review.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Oh, well it says Overall Rep and Sagratiua Rep; I've yet to see a Title, so I just guessed. And what I meant by going to different tabs of the Talent Tree is this - Anna has two talent branches (that I see) : Healing and Protection, I can see a hand pointing towards "Healing", but how do I go over to "Protection"

And what made you change the battle system?

EDIT: You should add more enemies to fight in guild battles, i've beaten the Emerald Guild three times and the Inn keeper still says no one has beaten them "todate" (not sure if that's "to date" or "today")
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:07:53 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
- each town has various guild battles
- Title system is an experiment for the new game
- To go between trees press w or q
- Tactics was WAY TO DAMN buggy for this game.
- Guild battle systemwas also a test for for the new game.

Thanks for the feed back.

It should say "to date" War of the Souls is my first actual attempt at making a game so the events and scripting are a bit messed. But all this feed back not only helps progress it but also helps with the new game. How far are you?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The Troll keeps killing me, I've been grinding (for like 2 minutes) on the Emerald Guild.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
The troll is easy to kill in one hit OO....I just tested, with the current version by downloading it, running straight to the troll, no guild battles, no grinding, new weapons with what little gold I had and I beat him in two hits...Did you spend talent points? use skills? buy new weapons? Focus all your energy on him

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Everyone one shots me, I can kill the Troll, but the next turn I am instantly killed by their attacks.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Hmm this interesting because I just ran it again and I killed every one - again I did no grinding, no altering of the characters just ran to the troll, killed them and moved on. I will look into this though.

Update: 0.3.1A has been uploaded this fixes the troll boss battle, your save should work

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
The current demonstration version starts on the 'GM - Test Map' area when you select 'New Game'. Just thought that I would let you know.

Also, you could cut your project size in half if you re-encoded your MP3 files as OGG and set the quality lower. I tried it out and the Audio folder went from 86 megabytes to around 30 megabytes. You could also save a lot of space by using a PNG optimizer on your image files.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
1) the music won't, in my experience, work - most of it - if its in OGG, i tried this before hand
2) thank you for pointing this out, I will have 0.3.1B uploaded ASAP -> Uploaded :D
3) Graphics do not take up any space it's all music. and like i said, while they all convert to OGG, RPG Maker VX is finicky and will not play around 70% of the songs while they are in OGG, that's why some are and some are not. I have also experienced some songs jumping in size when going to OGG, for example I tried converting a 800kb file to OGG and it became 2.34 mb's - and it would not work in RPG Maker VX

What i did for size to cut down on it is cut out the rtp and just compressed it and encrypted it. Which took it from 250 to the size it is now. It won't get any bigger from here on out - maybe a couple mb's as i finish it up.

I seem to be having a lot of problems with this version in which is stopping me from getting good quality feed back. - Skip the grammar and spelling when giving feed back, I have a team working on it. and I use word for every thing.

I really need in depth feed back, i need people to play all the way through and give me in depth feed back on mapping, character(s) -including development, story, plot, battles and well everything else.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Project of the YearParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
1) the music won't, in my experience, work - most of it - if its in OGG, i tried this before hand

Hmm, I see. Well, I'll convert all of it on my end and see if I run into any problems, just to see if perhaps it might be something that is occurring only on your computer. If I run into issues, then I'll just revert to the original media files.

As for the OGG files increasing in size, it may be that the encoder was attempting to 'upgrade' the quality from what it currently was and the file size increased because of that. Like I said, I ran the OGG encoder at a medium-low quality using VBR and all of the files decreased in size dramatically, although the audio quality sounded about the same.

3) Graphics do not take up any space it's all music.

You would be surprised. I bet that you could run a PNG optimizer on the graphics and it would cut the total Graphics folder size in half.

I really need in depth feed back, i need people to play all the way through and give me in depth feed back on mapping, character(s) -including development, story, plot, battles and well everything else.

I'll work on playing it through in-depth, then.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
I like ll the music to be high quality so that why i guess it jumped. Also i have noticed RPG maker vx hates music sometimes >_<

Rep:
Level 82
[ General ]
- <Major | Bug>
-- 'Stack level too deep' error message upon pressing F12 to start a new game. This is most likely caused by aliases within scripts that are not appended with 'unless $@'. I would suggest doing a 'Find' through each custom script for 'alias' and adding 'unless $@' onto the end of each one to avoid this error.

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- During cut scenes the name of the area is displayed. I think that as a player, this is a little annoying and breaks the mood.

- <Minor | Aesthetic> : ( Image of Issue )
-- Character sprite cut off near the bottom left hand side of the screen.

-- Hand cursor occasionally blocks text in menus.

[ Inventory ]
- <Minor | Bug>
-- The head armor 'Wizards Hat' can be worn by all party members.

- <Major | Bug>
-- Inventory shared between the first party and Alexious.

[ Battle ]
- <Major | Bug>
-- Fatal error, game terminated. This appears to occur at random when spamming the attack option very quickly.
Code: [Select]
Script 'Display Enemy Gauge' line 44 : NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'actor?' for nil:NilClass

[ Title Screen ]
- <Minor | Bug> ( Video of Issue )
-- When using the arrow keys to move up or down on the menu, the map occasionally moves downward one square and then immediately back up one square.

[ Introduction ]
- <Minor | Aesthetic> : ( Video of Issue )
-- Appearance of cloaked figures not centered upon the summoning pentagram. It may look better if they moved from the center rather than from the sides.

-- Text shown during the introduction gets cut off before they really should within the speech bubbles.

-- Have to tap enter through several blank lines before continuing on to the next text. Possibly tell the message box to wait a second for each line before continuing automatically?

[ Introduction - Playable Area 1 ]
- <Major | Bug> : ( Video of Issue )
-- Passability settings incorrect.

[ Introduction - Playable Area 2 ]

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- Partially transparent black background used for answering the yes or no question remains on screen after the choice has been made.

[ Town of Xechi ]
-• General
- <Minor | Script>
-- The banter when meeting Anna and Kayla seems flat for people who have not seen each other in a while.

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- The town feels very cluttered with the rain effect, cloud layer, birds, butterflies and people wandering around.

-• Pub
- <Minor | Bug> : ( Video of Issue )

-• Weapon Shop

[ Cut Scene 1 ]
- <Minor | Script>
-- The banter between Alemias and the Shop Keep seems flat. She does not display much emotion at all that the shop keep is charging her double.

- <Minor | Bug> : ( Image of Issue )
-- The Shadow Mage Member that followed the main character back to the town of Xechi can get caught up on roaming NPCs of the town and delay the cut scene until they move away.

[ Cut Scene 2 ]
-- Bright lights on the map occasionally causes white text displayed in messages to become difficult to read.

[ Town of Vex ]
-• General
- <Major | Aesthetic> : ( Image of Issue )
-- Sunlight image set too lower than it should be on the screen.

-- Sunlight image appears to be set as a fog and does not tile smoothly.

-• Inn

-• Weapon Shop
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tiles as Inn).

-- Image of light coming through windows seems too low?

-• Armor Shop

-• Item Shop
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tile as Armor Shop).

[ Troll Cut Scene - Before and After ]
- <Minor | Script>
-- The banter amongst the party seems laid back considering the position that they are in.

[ Outside of Chapel ]

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- Unclear to the player on how to properly exit the area.

[ Ostigoth Ruins ]

[ North Mountain Pass ]

[ Town of Kaven ]
-• Item Shop
- <Minor | Bug>
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tile as Town of Vex >> Inn).

[ City of Zackeryious ]
<< City District 2 >>
-• General

-• Item Shop
-- Cross-dressing, store re-arranging shop owner.

<< City Entrance >>
-• Pub
- <Minor | Bug>

- <Minor | Bug>
-- Exiting the Pub requires using the X button instead of automatically leaving when touching the exit area.

<< Alley Way >>
-• General
-- Passability settings incorrect. Bird events not set to 'Through'?

- <Major | Bug> : ( Image of Issue )
-- Strange, repeatable alley way fight that grants huge amounts of experience points upon winning. This might be planned, but I will list it as a bug for now.
-- EDIT : Extremely difficult fight for Alexious alone. Perhaps disable the fight unless there are more party members?

<< City District 3 >>
-• Levi's House

-• Weapon Store

<< City District 5 >>
-• General

-• Armor Store
- <Minor | Bug>

<< City District 6 >>
-• Pub

<< City District 9 >>
-• General
-- Incomplete tile floor; door to nowhere.

-• Weapon Store
-- NOTE : When entering the store, the typical black tile is not behind the door, making it look like the party is walking into a wall after the door opens.

-• Pub
-- Transfers player to the incorrect area (Levi's House) upon entrance.
-- NOTE : When entering the pub, the typical black tile is not behind the door, making it look like the party is walking into a wall after the door opens.

-- After transferring from the pub into Levi's House, the player can exit and then re-enter to receive a cut scene they should not yet receive.

<< Games Area >>
-• General
-- Fatal error, game terminated. This occurs when the player enters the map and proceeds through the small cut scene.
NoMethodError occurred while running script.

undefined method 'find_path' for (Game Player)

Cannot continue on at this time due to the above error.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Well, that's comprehensive.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
He said he wanted something in depth ... so, here it is.  :D

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
[ General ]
- <Major | Bug>
-- 'Stack level too deep' error message upon pressing F12 to start a new game. This is most likely caused by aliases within scripts that are not appended with 'unless $@'. I would suggest doing a 'Find' through each custom script for 'alias' and adding 'unless $@' onto the end of each one to avoid this error.

I did not make this script and this will be fixed

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- During cut scenes the name of the area is displayed. I think that as a player, this is a little annoying and breaks the mood.

This may be fixed

-- Character sprite cut off near the bottom left hand side of the screen.

Done on purpose

-- Hand cursor occasionally blocks text in menus.

unfixable

[ Inventory ]
- <Minor | Bug>
-- The head armor 'Wizards Hat' can be worn by all party members.

it;s basic armor, non class specific

- <Major | Bug>
-- Inventory shared between the first party and Alexious.

NOT major, this is meant to be.

[ Battle ]
- <Major | Bug>
-- Fatal error, game terminated. This appears to occur at random when spamming the attack option very quickly.
Script 'Display Enemy Gauge' line 44 : NoMethodError occured.
undefined method 'actor?' for nil:NilClass

Simple fix: do not spam attack options.

[ Title Screen ]
- <Minor | Bug> ( Video of Issue )
-- When using the arrow keys to move up or down on the menu, the map occasionally moves downward one square and then immediately back up one square.

unfixable - never noticed this before

[ Introduction ]
- <Minor | Aesthetic> : ( Video of Issue )
-- Appearance of cloaked figures not centered upon the summoning pentagram. It may look better if they moved from the center rather than from the sides.

Planned as such

-- Text shown during the introduction gets cut off before they really should within the speech bubbles.

Modern has an issue with his script and he is looking into it last i checked. un-fixable at this time, this issue is also present in War of the Souls, Soul Cry

-- Have to tap enter through several blank lines before continuing on to the next text. Possibly tell the message box to wait a second for each line before continuing automatically?

Was thinking of this, may be fixed

[ Introduction - Playable Area 1 ]

cannot view video - please post link, your link crashes FF5

[ Introduction - Playable Area 2 ]

cannot view video - please post link, your link crashes FF5

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- Partially transparent black background used for answering the yes or no question remains on screen after the choice has been made.

See the bugs for this issue - this is another modern algebra issue.

[ Town of Xechi ]
-• General
- <Minor | Script>
-- The banter when meeting Anna and Kayla seems flat for people who have not seen each other in a while.

may be fixed

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- The town feels very cluttered with the rain effect, cloud layer, birds, butterflies and people wandering around.

intentional

-• Pub

please post image

-• Weapon Shop

please post image

[ Cut Scene 1 ]
- <Minor | Script>
-- The banter between Alemias ?? and the Shop Keep seems flat. She does not display much emotion at all that the shop keep is charging her double.

who?  - oh never mind. Um....may be fixed.

-- The Shadow Mage Member that followed the main character back to the town of Xechi can get caught up on roaming NPCs of the town and delay the cut scene until they move away.

May be fixed - that roaming npc has something for you.

[ Cut Scene 2 ]
-- Bright lights on the map occasionally causes white text displayed in messages to become difficult to read.

Will not be fixed, instead text may be darkened

[ Town of Vex ]
-• General
-- Sunlight image set too lower than it should be on the screen.

Unfixable bug -sun beams tend to jump all over the page

-- Sunlight image appears to be set as a fog and does not tile smoothly.

Unfixable bug -sun beams tend to jump all over the page

please post image

-• Inn

please post image

-• Weapon Shop
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tiles as Inn).

Nothing to say, obvious error

-- Image of light coming through windows seems too low?

Unfixable, if placed higher then it looks like its too high

-• Armor Shop

Never noticed this before but their are windows behind that window

-• Item Shop
-- Passability settings incorrect (same tile as Armor Shop).

nothing to say, obvious error

[ Troll Cut Scene - Before and After ]
- <Minor | Script>
-- The banter amongst the party seems laid back considering the position that they are in.

May be fixed...

[ Outside of Chapel ]

nothing to say obvious error

- <Minor | Aesthetic>
-- Unclear to the player on how to properly exit the area.

will NOT be fixed, explore the area.

[ Ostigoth Ruins ]

-please post image -> nothing to say obvious error

[ North Mountain Pass ]

[ Town of Kaven ]
-• Item Shop
- <Minor | Bug>

[ City of Zackeryious ]
<< City District 2 >>
-• General

-• Item Shop
-- Cross-dressing, store re-arranging shop owner.

image please

<< City Entrance >>
-• Pub
- <Minor | Bug>

- <Minor | Bug>
-- Exiting the Pub requires using the X button instead of automatically leaving when touching the exit area.

Image please -> nothing to say obvious error

<< Alley Way >>
-• General
-- Passability settings incorrect. Bird events not set to 'Through'?

-- Strange, repeatable alley way fight that grants huge amounts of experience points upon winning. This might be planned, but I will list it as a bug for now.
-- EDIT : Extremely difficult fight for Alexious alone. Perhaps disable the fight unless there are more party members?

XP - not planned, difficult fight - planned

<< City District 3 >>
-• Levi's House

-• Weapon Store

<< City District 5 >>
-• General

-• Armor Store
- <Minor | Bug>

<< City District 6 >>
-• Pub

<< City District 9 >>
-• General
-- Incomplete tile floor; door to nowhere.

planned. its for aesthetics.

nothing to say, obvious error

-• Weapon Store
-- NOTE : When entering the store, the typical black tile is not behind the door, making it look like the party is walking into a wall after the door opens.

please post image(s)

-• Pub
-- Transfers player to the incorrect area (Levi's House) upon entrance.
-- NOTE : When entering the pub, the typical black tile is not behind the door, making it look like the party is walking into a wall after the door opens.

please post image(s) for this door issue, as for wrong entrance, please post image of the pub

-- After transferring from the pub into Levi's House, the player can exit and then re-enter to receive a cut scene they should not yet receive.

will be fixed. - video did not crash ff this time... >_<

<< Games Area >>
-• General
-- Fatal error, game terminated. This occurs when the player enters the map and proceeds through the small cut scene.
NoMethodError occurred while running script.

undefined method 'find_path' for (Game Player)

this bug has never before happened for me. I do not know how to fix it, but i will try to replicate it.

Cannot continue on at this time due to the above error.

-- See above in red is my response

Note the following:

My responses may seem like I dont are, I do infact as this information helps. How ever I would like to say this:

I release the project as "open souce" here

its very simple, click get source in the right hand side and click zipped. you then have the entire game open for your pleasure. you can walk through make changes and then zipp it up and hand it back to me, in any way you want. - making sure to tell me what you did, credits will be given as normal.

This would help me greatly.

On that note. thank you for your feed back, I cannot guarantee that these issues will be fixed as of 0.3.1.1 when the arena is released how ever if you want to help me fix them I would appreciate it. It would make my life a lot more easier.

-> I hate this forum system i really do, we need a LIGHTER color.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
up on the right hand side above the sidebar there is a little square. click it and it changes to RMRKLight theme on the fly. it's a handy feature.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:37:48 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
OH THANK GOD! I was like this quote looks so fucked up....with the red and the purple background

Rep:
Level 82
Hmm, have you tried using right-click 'Save As' on the video links? I made them as videos because there were wide sections that needed their passability settings changed and an image would not show those areas unless I took several screen shots. It would be best if you could view the videos.

Unfortunately, I am also trying to make headway on my own project, so I cannot guarantee that I'll get many chances to help edit the project. If I reach a spot where I'm taking a break from my project, I'll try and help out.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ok, I have and they end up corrupt >_<
Any how its open source so any one here or any where an help :D I am very busy with WOTS,SC as you seen from screen shots in the Screen shot thread so releases of this project will be slow - until the first demo is released

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
thank you.

that error where you cannot get past it, did you save before it? did it happen again? does it repeat?

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah, it repeats every time I enter the area.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
@Adrien

It's the clouds above the maps, man. They give us the wrong impression that it's a floating landmass, rather than  a fragment of the "ground".

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
that wont be changed, sorry i need atmosphere

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
that wont be changed, sorry i need atmosphere

Not saying you should. But it might be worthwhile to experiment with different fogs.
But hey, don't listen to me, I'm just exploiting my freedom of speech ;)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
UPDATES

updated download link.

includes monster command in the menu (this does nothing right now)

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
i can honestly say this game looks great!

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Cool thanks. Have you tried it? There was a bug report given out, this newrelease only fixes or tres to fix the immeditate crashing bugs - how ever for what ever reason I cannot replicate them

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
So Here is a long over due update and there won't be another one for a while as of dec 21st I am leaving the forum for a while, but with that sad - I am planning on and have been for some time now giving this game a serious make over and face lift

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
You're famous

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Huh? Don't spam my thread. You've been reported

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Huh? Don't spam my thread. You've been reported
You don't have to post that you've reported someone, you can just report them. You've been reported.

</hypocrisy>

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
OP: War of the Souls Has been updated! The OP has been updated.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
So what'd you change? Is it just the screenshots?

I hope that wasn't spam.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Wow Lots of changes coming guys. Including a possible release to these forums of chapter one. RPG Maker VX Ace is getting chapter 1 of this game come some time in January or February. The Chapter will include 17 quests, 3 Monster hunts and 2 guild halls to do battle in. It will contain rich and beautiful maps to explore, NPC's that change with the town and much, much more.

How ever before that can happen some changes have happened:

Characters, balancing and Enemies

Some new shots are bellow, these are bound to change. Some error shave been fixed and the battlers are still being positioned, how ever with the maps it may be hard in some cases to position the enemies properly. Battle backs are not an option.

[Spelling mistakes since fixed, same with grammatical issue]

[cape should be def +2 not attack +3, fixed]

[enemies are still being positioned]

What version will chapter 1 be?

0.3.1A, Chapter 2: 0.3.1B, Chapter 3: 0.3.1C, The Arena Add on: 0.3.2, Chapter 4: 0.4 RC1, Final game: 1.0.0

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
hhhhhhhhh!!! Not the game, too!

Too much locking topics! I can't take it anymore!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
By the way, Adrien, you can lock a topic without posting that you're locking it and that you're stupid.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Update theres been lots of locking going on and some might be wondering if this is next. No. If I could delete posts I would delete every single thread I ever made except this one. War of the Souls will remain open but not see the updates it gets on RRR, RMVACE.net and other high traffic sites.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You can delete your posts and topics, friend.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Update spelling mistake fixed in OP.

Live Fast, Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpose
OOOOOOOOO!!!..

Wow, this looks so pretty...

Downloading demo xd..

Good job ^^.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
what you see isn't whats in the demo.

Live Fast, Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpose
what you see isn't whats in the demo.

xd... I already notes xd..

Your demo has a several Debugs, when i ask for the guilds, same thing in the bar ...