RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
War of the Souls (RPG Maker VX)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---

Currently the project is: version 0.3.0.6 Beta.
Game play is: 2-3 hours. 8 hours if you look for all the items*.
The Future of the game is 3.1.0 Beta 3A will be released in January

Download the game: here (Old).**
*The font in the font folder should be installed on most computers. If its
Not on yours make sure you install it
*Current size is 75.6 Mb's - See FAQ for why.

Note: please read: War of the Souls for further updates. If you are using IE 9 or earlier please put the site into compatibility mode and if you are using FF 7 or earlier consider upgrading for a smoother experience. This site does not support IE 7,6, FF 7 or lower, Chrome 11 or lower, Safari 4 or lower.

Spoiler for Current Bugs I am aware of - Please read:

-- These bugs are for version 0.2.3 Beta 3 to 0.3.0.6 Beta 3
-- Version 0.3.1 Beta 3A will have solved all these.

• If you say No to the tutorials in the beginning

there is a black choice box that appears
This can be erased by opening up the menu (esc).
  • If you save at the chapel after defeating the troll, exit the game and re-enter the toll will be blocking your path into the chapel. Its best not to save on this map.
  • Sun beams sometimes break and or repeat on the Y axis....(issue since version 0.3.1+)

Story

Spoiler for Out Line:
War of the Souls is a story told in a town about a war going on throughout the continent of Aleven. The character Trimithe and his friends will explore the town, the surrounding area and various guild halls as they battle not just for titles, items, gold and fame but also as they take part in a war between the Guilds Sagitaria and Malixia which, as time will tell, is nothing more than a pawn for the real evil at hand.

Spoiler for Full:
The world of Balithia contains two major continents: Aleven and Balimore. Aleven, unlike Balimore is one kingdom rules over by a king, whereas Balimore is two provinces ruled by two separate people. Aleven is home to the city of Kaliz and the main town of Kalith where the whole story unfolds. You find yourself in the midst of a war between Sagitaria and Malixia. Trimithe leads the Sagitarioa guild as they do battle against other guilds in guild halls and various arenas in which you are teleported to by the pub keeper. While making a title for yourself and your guild you learn about the war that is happening between your guild and Malixia who is currently under the control of your Boy Friend Allimithe.

It is not long before you figure out the king has signed a declaration of war causing Malixia and Sagitaria into all-out war that affects the continent as a whole in terms of the economy and peoples attitude towards the war. You later find out that there is an ancient evil that was summoned by a princess ten thousand years before that now walks the earth along with the mysterious shadow ,mages that seem to do its bidding. This evil is responsible for the death of Allimithe and for the war that is waging upon the land. You also discover the king has been dead for some time and that this evil is controlling the land. Only can your love for Allimithe save the continent and the rest of the world from falling prey to evils at hand.

Game Features

Spoiler for Features:

The whole game takes place in a town and the surrounding forest. You explore rich and detailed maps that look amazing on a 1080p monitor (assuming you have one) and meet interesting people. The town changes over the course of a game, people come and go, guilds arrive and leave. Pub keepers can transport you to arenas where you can do battle against other guilds.

Cut scenes and sag ways take place outside and inside the town, from castles to dungeons to forests and plains. The music alone is dynamic and mostly self-made with a few final fantasy tactic songs making their way in.

There are numerous things to do, place to go and people to talk to. Maps are small and compact, straight to the point while heavily detailed to give you that realistic and fantasy setting look.

The people alone in the town change, while the story progresses people all around the town will change in their views on different subjects like politics, war, economics, the latest gossip and more. With this kind of heavy and dynamic evening quests also change based upon the story.

Characters

Spoiler for Characters:
The world of Aleven, while troubled with a terrible war contains characters that you will come to meet, play, come to love and understand as the story of war, love and diabolical evil overwhelm the main story. Some of the characters that you can play are located bellow

Spoiler for "Charters you can play":

Trimithe

Trimithe is the leader of the Sagitaria Guild which resides in the town of Kalith. Here Trimithe meets new guilds, new characters and even discovers more about himself, the war and love of his life Allimithe. Trimithe is a quite spoken leader who is on the search for the reason behind the king signing the declaration of war, forcing the two guilds Sagitaria and Malixia into civil war which is currently affecting the economic climate of the continent.

Allimithe

Allimithe is the leader of the Malixia Guild and the lover and boyfriend of Trimithe who is the leader of the Sagitaria Guild. While the two have come together before the war has started and fallen deeply in love to the fact where their love affects the outcome of the main story and they are both engaged in a civil war with their guilds. Allimithe is constantly seeking a way to find his way to the love of his life. He is a character who voices his disapproval of this war and eagers Trimithe to find a way to stop the war.

Anna

Anna is a quite girl who's own destiny is reviled early in the game when magic possesses her and subdues her only to kidnap her. We learn that this girl is related to the princess who summoned the shadow mages ten thousand years ago that then brought forth the ancient evil known as the "Firs"

Anna is later killed and the First takes her form and tricks the party into meeting her in the chapel of kendrix's basement after which a major battle takes place and we learn that the princess from ten thousand years ago never died that it was Anna all along.

Yavix

Yavix is a mage who is a part of Trimithes Guild and is in love with Leanna, while he bides his time, it is discovered later in the game that he falls deeply in love with her and they head off to the city to shop for supplies for the guild after the events of Anna and her kidnapping. It is here that he confesses his love and when they return alert Trimithe they plan to marry.

Leanna

Leanna is a quite spoken character who is a part of Trimithes guild and good friends with Anna. She is blind to what Anna has done in the sense of summoning the shadow mages and bringing about the doom of the world. She is also secretly in love with the mage Yavix but would never admit it until he confesses his love to her and asks her to marry him.

Jannet

Jannet is a part of Allimithes guild and his best friend. She comes to the party of Trimithe when he unites both the guilds after the death of Allimithe. She also comes to Trimithe when Allimithe is arrested on suspicion of terrorism after a bomb attacks the Guild Battle Tournament held once a year in the city of Kaliz. Not much is known about her accept we do find out her family and village were burned when a series of bombs attacked her home village. It is latter discovered she is an angel of heaven who is sent to guide Trimithe find himself after the death of his lover.

Levi

Levi is a character who speaks his mind and sais whatever he wants. He is also, like Jannet, a character who is a part of Allimithes guild and after Allimithe dies he confesses and falls for Trimithe. However Trimithes heart, while lusting for Levi belongs to that of Allimithe and it is later discovered that with the help of Levi and Trimithe is able to unlock the power of love and defeat The First.

Screen Shots

Spoiler for I know you look here first:

Note: for 3.1 Beat 3A

Special Thanks

Spoiler for Special Thanks:

I would Like to give a special thanks to Kread-EX
For fixing a serious crashing issue in the game. The issue was that players who died (if the whole party died) in a battle that did not cause a game over the game would freeze because of an infinite loop.

He has taken the time from his day to fix this issue for me and I would like to thank him for Version 0.3.0 Build 650 and up. With out him this game would have come close to an end.

I would like to thank Pac Man For his help in creating and extending a script in which with out his help this project would have come to a close as the feature I required was not present. He took the time to create and extend along with fix the issue with his extension

Credits: Yanfly/Yerd, Mr bubbles, KGC, Modern Aleabra, Leongon. Kread-EX, Axerax and Lunarea (for logo and tiles), Pac man 
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:40:20 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
want to try it. Download link not working ='(
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Download links are fixed. Please keep in mind to read the Version notes for the current version released before releasing any bug reports and also read the version notes for the next release to see what HAS been fixed in the up coming version.

For crash reports please state where it was, what you were doing and the error. if its a battle error that causes the crash, please state what battle, where and the error.

-- Update:

Version notes and character's has been updated
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:52:20 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty interesting. Good luck with this project! :)

Rep:
Level 76
Please don't make me...
Looks Promising, I'll keep a eye out for this.

;8

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
The demo is up if you guys want to try this game - Its Alpha so there will be bugs but on the bright side its the final alpha before beta

--Updates

Version notes, found a bug in version 0.0.5A.
Version notes for 0.1.0B
Character info
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:23:14 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Just wondering if any one has had the chance to play the game and if so what your impressions were

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
great game but ruined by the fact u typed too much in the speach boxes so sum doens't show up ingame
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 84
I really like your mapping style. Have not had time to try it out, but I will when I do.

Rep:
Level 84
I did play it till the skill script gives error. Greath so far.

Rep:
Level 84
Every time I play it, my RGSS player crashes...oh well. I liked what I got to play though.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Thank you for this information. I knew of this error for a while but have added it to the general version notes of "Not fixed."

VERSION 0.1.0b IS RELEASED

please download and play and give feed back, thank you.

Rep:
Level 84
download link not working

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Fixed :) Apparently some forums require "" around the url and others don't

Rep:
Level 84
my old save file won't work, shit..do i need to play all again? that suckks...

Rep:
Level 84
Ok, found a bug. In the Town Of Vex, when you go to inn, to perform guild battles, against gambit guild all goes fine, but if you go against emerald, the first time, the battle occurs, but if you go there again, you automaticly win the Exp and the Gold without battling. Also, you don't lose the gamble coin. ;D

Going to play more, just wanted to tell you that.

Rep:
Level 84
Oh, i went to the other side "to the castle", and it shown the text and the troll. When the battle was about to beguin, an RGSS error appeared.

Can't do anything else, so...waiting for your replies, etc ;)

*It's going really nice btw ;)

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
One please edit your posts, because you trippled posted and that's a bad thing.

two

I know of this error, the vex error, and I am looking into this thank you for pointing that out.

three,

please read version notes:

Not fixed: In windows 7 some times the Rgss will stop responding. I have no idea why.
So it is advised you save and save often.

PATCH 0.1.1b RELEASED
[/color][/size]

Please follow instructions in the Version notes "how do I patch my program"
download both the game and the patch

basically:

Download the game, DO NOT uncompress it, download the patch, run the patch, find the game where you downloaded it to and then run the patch on the compressed game.  after its run, uncompress the game and away you go.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 05:21:34 PM by Adrien. »

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Bump:

Version 0.1.2B Game has been released. this is not a patch this is the full game with out RTP. please read version 0.1.2B release notes to see whats new.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Final beta version 0.1.3 is released. please download and play. Beta 2 (version 0.2.0) my not be out till december

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ladies and gentle Men. Version 0.2.1 Has been released with all new bug fixes/content/skills/scripts/maps and more.

- Note to progress the story further in the beginning leave the town.

Feed back wanted/needed/craved and desired.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Hah, I'm not sure how I didn't notice this topic. I like how you're mapping. I don't like your mapping, but I like how you're doing it. It's similar to what I've been doing recently, with having floating maps. I'm not really sure how to describe it, you know what I mean.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
LOTS of people are assuming these are floating maps when in fact for those who have played Final Fantasy Tactics (Original, A and A2) will know these are not floating.

For example:

That is the type of mapping I am going for.

But thanks for your reply.

Has any one started to download the newly fixed, released and better version of 0.2.1 Beta 2?

I am excited to see what people have to say.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Yeah, that's the same thing I've been working on as far as style of mapping. I don't really know if it has a name.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
Ahh well that makes sense. I like how your like "I like this style of mapping , but hate yours..."

Have you tried the game?