RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX/VXA] Battle Theme

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
I made this battle theme... Thought it sounded kinda cool and almost like one of the battle themes from FFVII. Anyways, just seeing how everyone likes it. Feel free to use it in your projects, but please credit my work.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:59:14 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
So ace
Not too shabby, I quite like the small springy tunes, but there are three things I'd like to mention:

1) That backbone tone that goes throughout the clip hurts the ear, please change it :P
2) It's far too short, really. If you could add a little more length to it so it would fit a normal fight it would be great.
3) It's very slow-paced for a battle theme, isn't it? Battle music most commonly gets the heart racing, which this doesn't quite do. Still, every game's different, and definitely not all games need fast-paced battle themes.

All in all I wouldn't use it for music during battle, but perhaps something for an introduction music before a mini-boss or something.

RMRK Junior
First of all thanks for the input, it really helps a lot. As for the "backbone tone", I kinda of left it like that with it's dissinance for its suspensfullness (if that's a word), but I also agree it could be made longer. I really only spent about an hour trying to figure out what chords to use and just writing it all down, so I just need to sit an make it longer. Also, yeah my project is kind of a slower paced story as a whole so the music kind of reflects that and it may be different for other people's work. This one is actualy already at 168 beats per minute which is way faster than what I'm used to writing or let alone playing. But, I'll probably add onto this one and make it longer (it was only meant for a general battle theme anyways) and I'll also make a few more that have more of a bite to it that will start slow and work it's way up into maybe about 200 bpm, which is actually even faster or as fast as some of the extreme techno songs today :D

RMRK Junior
Sorry for the Double Posting, but I fixed what I considered the problematic base tone (it was a 2nd Trumpet) and I completely added a new ~55 second beginning to it to lengthen it and when looped it flows quite nicely in my opinion. And I also increased the tempo up to 200 bpm like I said I would.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
At first, I really liked it, it seemed almost like something that would play during the doomgaze battle in FF6 (that is, like a battle that took place on an airship).

The second one, the beginning was amazing, but it lost me when it moved into the second part; it sounded like a totally different song...

Would you be willing to allow me to alter this (that is, change some tunes here and there, possibly change a few intruments) and use it? Because I really like it.

(wait a minute... Isn't that the point of the resource section??? Well, still, I ask due to etiquette.)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

RMRK Junior
Yeah, I don't mind it being altered to fit your liking, I'd just like to at least get credit if it still resembles the original because you'd just be making an arrangement of my original. And yeah, I'm new here, but I'm pretty sure that's what the resources section is for :D, but thank you for asking. Also, is it just the second part that you just don't like or is it just the transition?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I like both parts, but not together... It just doesn't seem to flow right... but it might be my imagination... I'm told I make that observation very often.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

RMRK Junior
lol no I admit it was kind of a sudden change in rythym and I'm actually working on a transition and trying to incorporate the first parts melody into the second part (I like the first part better :D)

RMRK Junior
Last fix for this piece and I'm moving on to something else. Hopefully this one gets rid of the bad under tones, the length, and the choppy transition between the two parts

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
 :gau:

That's fantastic, I must say. Nicely put together.

You also were able to throw the two together, while keeping them mostly the same. Nice work!

RMRK Junior
Thanks, and thank you for all your input, it really helped :D