RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Chest Mini-game

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
You know the mini-game in The Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past, where you have like 25 Chests, and if you pay like 100 ruppees you can open three of them and the items are random? well im really hoping someone can make a mini-game like that for me. PLEASE. THANKS.
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Hope this is what you are looking for...I did it as simple as i could...
I think you can easily understand how it works...Anything, let me know...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:41:20 PM by DarkGamer »
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Thanks thats awesome, what would I have to do and such, to add more chests, and Items?

Edit: Umm... nevermind, about the question, I think I got it figured out. if I have anymore. Ill ask. But thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:04:35 PM by Cedricsawall2 »

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks thats awesome, what would I have to do and such, to add more chests, and Items?

To add more items, just raise the limit of the items variable, and make a new condition for each added number...
To add more chests, simply copy those, BUT DON'T FORGET, add a new switch for each, or it will bugg everything...

ALSO, DON'T FORGET to turn the new added chests switch OFF in the paralell process.

*Glad you did like it ;)

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Hey i got the chest mini-game working but with some bugs, I added the chest opening sound effect, but it dont play on everytime I open the chest, but I have it under every conditional branch. also I have my items all set up, and sometimes itll show the chest opening and I dont get a message saying what I got out of it, but I have the messages in the event under all conditional branches, also. I have it set up with 17 chests, with a possiblility of 35 Items, on the condional branches do I have to put all 35 items in each event, or can I mix them up between chests..
EXAMPLE: Chest 1 has items 1-13 in it, Chest 2 has items 8-20 in it, chest 3 has 4-19, 20-35 in it.

Im just curious cause I has lots of bugs now toying around with this chest mini-game.

Rep:
Level 84
No, you can't. Just think...
You set a chest to randomly go from 1-35 variable items
Then then you can get a number such as 1,2,3,4......33,34,35.
If the number that you get is 20, and the items that you set on the chest is only from 1-8...You won't get anything...That's your problem as far as i see...

To fix that, where you set the ITEMS range to each chest, simply change it from the numbers you want to...

1st chest: 1-8

make a condition to 1-8 number.

2nd chest: 9-17

make a condition to 9-17 number.

That will make your problem solved, and you will always get an item, and you don't need all the conditions of all numbers in all the chests...

About the sound...It must have come with this problem too...

"I added the chest opening sound effect, but it dont play on everytime I open the chest, but I have it under every conditional branch"

If you don't have all the condition branches to all the item variable numbers, ofc you won't get an item, and the sound, so...
Fix the numbers, and the ranges, and put a sound effect in the beginning of the event. It will work for sure!

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Alright, Thats what I was thinking my problem was, but I wasnt for sure cause Im not good with varibles yet, and I believe that the SFX is from the chest not giving an Item, due to the variables, but thank you, so what would I do if I was like numbers that are not in order for the items, like 1,4,14,17,19,25,29,31,35. Would I have to set a variable for each one?

Rep:
Level 84
Meh, i didn't understand you very well...But if you are setting the chest nr 1 to

batch variable 1~8

You do a condition to each number from 1 to 8.

Then on the second chest:

batch variable 9~17

And you set a condition branch to each number from 9 to 17
(Here, the numbers 1 to 8 aren't in a need of a condition branch, because the variable will only change from 9 to 17 as you did set it)

Did you get it now? ;p

*If you didnt get it...Here's a simpler thing that can help you...

Instead of changing the variables range from 1~8 to 9~17, etc, etc, simply use always from 1~8, and in each chest, change the item that each conditional branch does give.That is simpler i think...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 10:40:12 PM by DarkGamer »