RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Chest Opening Minigame

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Chest Opening Minigame

Description
This is a tutorial for making a minigame in RPG Maker VX. The concept is simple, and follows a "double-or-nothing" format, but with a twist. At the start of the game, the player is given a key. This key opens a door to an adjacent room, containing two chests. One chest will contain a small amount of money, and the other will contain another key, allowing the player to progress further. For each door the player unlocks, the money in the chests will increase, but if the player obtains enough keys to reach the final room, there is a special prize waiting there.

Instructions
Instructions are placed in comments within the events of the demo. The game only uses one variable, and one item.

Credits
Inspired by Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time.
You don't have to give credit. You can use this in commercial games. If you feel nice and do want to give credit, just put "Strak."

« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 03:55:33 PM by modern algebra »

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
hehhe, seems pretty easy to make, but there's a nice idea!!!
(and many options/time spent to beat the minigame)

well done +rep
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
i was wondering if it is even possible to want credits for making events?
I know that you wrote that no one would have to give you credits but i mean events are something givin as an option for everyone to make, that means that everyone could have done this?
So lets say that someone wanted credit, would that even be possible?

Rep:
Level 84
Well, i guess that if you create it yourself, you will credit yourself. ~
If you use anyone's system, you wouldn't credit yourself for it...lol

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
If it's not your idea, and you borrowed it, or used a public resource, you credit by putting in your game's thread "[event system] by [person]" or something of the like.

Scripts are something everyone has availability to make, and people want credit for those, why should events be different?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 76
true, i was not claiming that it could not happend with scripts :D
I was just wondering thats all

Its just lets say i made an event that would do the same thing and another person had made it too and he/she wanted credits for it.
Then if i didnt know this and the person who had made the same thing saw this and got pissed ?

Just things like that im thinking ^^

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
The same thing could happen to anything, really. It's a system based on trust.

Btw, nice minigame Strak.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:54:19 AM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 84
Lol, yeah, he has a point in there... ;)
Well, being honest its the main start ;)

*Bak to topic ;)

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Uh... yeah... I guess everything has been answered? And I guess if someone saw their event system, but it was designed by the creator of the game, and they didn't credit, and the event creator got pissed, well then that's his problem. And I'm glad you all like it.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
i was wondering if it is even possible to want credits for making events?
I know that you wrote that no one would have to give you credits but i mean events are something givin as an option for everyone to make, that means that everyone could have done this?
So lets say that someone wanted credit, would that even be possible?

Really though, your logic doesn't make sense... Because, given a couple weeks of training, anyone can learn how to script. Because of this, does that mean that scriptwriters shouldn't get credit?

Credit is given because they provided a service. In exchange for typing a name, the credit-giver is saving time that would have been spent making scripts or event-systems.

It seems like a pretty nice deal, don't you think?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
okay listen..
It seems like you guys understand this as if it was like i did not think that this is good.
I do agree in giving people credit for their work, both scripts and events.
i was just WONDERING that is all :D

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
okay listen..
It seems like you guys understand this as if it was like i did not think that this is good.
I do agree in giving people credit for their work, both scripts and events.
i was just WONDERING that is all :D

I realize that, and was explaining why credit should be given for all event systems and scripts that you didn't design yourself.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Master Shinji, of the Soulmancy Discipline
I find it oddly reminiscent of TLoZ: Ocarina of Time. In fact thats exactly where i've seen this system before. Props for the retro-reference.
Mankind has ever shunned, even persecuted, that of which they have no understanding.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Actually, Mr. Necropost, if you look in the description, that reference is made.

:D

Inspired by the guy in Hyrule Castle town who only opens his game store at night in Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Nice! Going in the game.
:tinysmile:

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Oops. In the re-release, I accidentally made all the doors with one too many event pages. Now they don't appear. Just delete the last page of all the doors.

EDIT: Fixed, along with a problem where doors wouldn't respawn.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:28:21 PM by Strak »