RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Earthbound-ish Battle System

Rep:
Level 84
<Jesus Saves>
Alrighty. Honestly I'm the one that feels like a bother, lol.

It might take awhile to get back to you, but I'll do the best I can at trying to figure out what's doing what.

ハープダープ

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RPGVX Advanced (I Do Not Script Tough)
NIIICE  ;)
Backside Battle System Release :lol:

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
RMRK Junior
Ummm... hello?

First, i'd like to say that you made a nice job!
I really like this battle interface!

Second, i'd like to point out some bugs...

1) The worst of them all: the game crashes after a certain time!

I don't know why, but after some minutes of playing the game, the game crashes for no reason!

2) When you select an action (in battle) to the first character, you get to select the next character's action, but when you want to go back to the other character, it only shows the last character's sprite that appeared over the status box.

I think that's it!
Other that that, it's a really great idea to have this kind of battle system =D

Greetings!

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
"That Guy"
Something that's really bothering me... on this script for some reason, when I use it, the following thing:

Code: [Select]
     if actor.class.skill_name_valid     # Skill command name is valid?
      s2 = actor.class.skill_name       # Replace command name

Doesn't work. Just plain doesn't work. No matter what I do, it always reads as my vocab for skills instead of as the proper class skill.

Is there something special I've got to do? Other than SwapXT and a status screen thing I'm running, I have no other scripts, nothing in battle or anything.

EDIT: For reference, it DOES work the rest of the time- if I disable the EB script entirely it shows my class skill name as it should.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:48:27 AM by aitherion »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Noted and fixed. Just grab a new copy.

Think I'll update this to 2.0 soon; if not, I plan on making a new one for Ace. So yeah. Really needs an update.

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
"That Guy"
Awesome, thanks. :x

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
ramblin mushroom
I know VX Ace is on the way soon and you're probably going to rewrite this battle system for it, so in the interests of improvement I thought I would point out a few bugs:

• Cursor movement doesn't make a sound.
  • Rolling damage does make a sound. It shouldn't, because all those ticking sounds really pile up when your party has taken a few heavy hits.
  • Enemy name isn't shown when targeting.
  • Rolling damage moves too fast even on low settings, from what I can tell. In Mother 3, it takes 12 frames (assuming a framerate of 60 fps) for the Odometer to roll a single digit.
  • Weird lag in places. Sometimes it even ignores my input.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Cozzie, if you have no intentions for an Ace port, I'd be more than happy to try.
As for your problems, SBolt, the first 3 of those 5 problems are very easy to fix. The next one might be a bit more difficult (I didn't really look into it), and the last one is a bit ambiguous.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
A little problem...

It works all fine and dandy when I am in a new game, but when I get out and load a different game, some error reads about line 856.... Can help if I can get some advice about it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:48:40 PM by Ageha »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
This is one of those scripts that needs to be initialised by starting a new game.

That is the reason why it isn't working when you load up a previous save file.

It works like this, you start a new game with the script already installed, you can now save the game and the script works fine whenever you load THAT save file.

Any other save file that didn't use the script before you initialised it will not work with it.

To put it simply, you'll need to start a new game and replay all the way back up to where you were.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 60
This is one of those scripts that needs to be initialised by starting a new game.

Marc: This is a general rule for many scripts, by the way, not just this one. For future reference. ;)

Rep:
Level 56
Tower of Hats
For some reason the sprite y offset isn't working for me. My characters appear in middle of the screen, constantly doing a walking animation (I don't know if it's supposed to be like this). Changing the offset does nothing for me.
EDIT: Nevermind, only changing the offset to a negative number has an effect.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:52:01 PM by thomasbradley »

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Save the endangered spycrab
exelent script, been looking for a good front view script for a while and this is very good ;D
but
1) Somtimes it will show the actor ahead's grapic moving when selecting a move
2) the oddmeter is good but when and actor is defeated e.g. he has 100 hp and is dealt 180 the extra 80 will hit him even after being revived, making it near impossible to revive actors who have been overkilled  :-X
no other problems as far as i know

The last supper, depicted as said in the pokebible