RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(VX) Recruiting for a project

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Getting used to RMRK
PROJECT UNAMED

Well,I have started a project using RPG Maker VX and it seems that well, I don't think I can do it on my own. I have a basic plot set up and the details are slowly making their way in. Here is a basic look at the story.

This story takes place in the medieval times and is about a young man named Kei who is in a very wealthy family. Well during this time there are multiple guilds all over the world that do jobs to help out other people. There is one guild in particular that Kei wants to join that is near his home. Kei gets to the guild and eventually is accepted in. He then starts to make his new life doing jobs for the guild and exploring new places with new friends, or "partners" as he calls them. Kei has been spoiled most of his life and dosen't know how to act around people in public.
During this time, what the world didn't know was that some of the guilds became power hungry as their strength grew. These guilds started to control first their towns and move on to larger places. Eventually trying to take over the world. Other guilds were wiping eachother out and destroying innocent villages and towns in the process. The world was submerged in war and was close to destroying itself. Some of these "dark guilds" started to create creatures to fight for them. Some of them with god-like capabilities. Kei is faced with many choices, would he try to stop this madness and save the world, or, try to use this to his advantage and take control of the world, or maybe this problem would resolve itself and Kei can stay out of the trouble? The choices will have consequences and they all control the fate of the world.

So, now that you know that how about I tell you what I would like.

Someone with a creative mind. Personally, I think that I am not the most creative person ever and I think having at least one other person to help me out with some of the storyline would be a nice addition.

One or two people to help with the mapping. I have to say that when it comes to mapping I can only do small maps and nobody wants to play a game with small maps, so maybe someone to help out a little with that.

A spriter. Personally, this is not neccecarily a NEED but it would be nice to have someone who can help out with things such as this so that the project can have sprites where neccecary.

Artists. People who can do things such as make face sets, concept art and other things such as those. Multiple people can sign up for this one if they want to.

Scripter. I think that this project needs someone who knows how to use scripts well for the best game performance and less errors and best of all, more features!

That is all for now at least.

Oh yeah, and you all are probably wondering, why have I been refering to this as "the project" well, it is simply because I have yet to come up with a name for it because I want the name to be something you figure out while playing the game and not something obvious or dumb. Since I haven't really finished the story yet, there is no name yet.

Thanks in advance, if you want to contact me for anything you can send me a private message or email me at "shelgame9@yahoo.com" I personally reccomend you just send me a private message though because I get 200+ emails a day. Again thanks, and may this project and all others go well!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 07:40:57 AM by SRBall »