RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New to Scripting, A Few Questions

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hello everyone!

I was once a frequent user for the RPG Maker 2000 almost a decade ago.  I've recently been working on a project for the RMXP and love it!  I understand you can further customize your game and implement special features, but I am a novice to this.  I want to know if it is possible to:

1) Have weapon/armor names appear in gold/blue font like unique/magic weapons in Diablo.

2) Align the battler portraits of the 4 actors down (I'm guessing a Y coordinate somewhere?) so they touch the bottom of the screen.

3) Is it possible to implement both the 8-way movement feature and the caterpillar feature?

I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong area--again I'm a novice.  I'm willing to do the work myself if someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction.  I've already looked in the database and couldn't find answers to any of these.  Thanks!

Rep:
Level 86
Well, I'm not exactly a great scripter either (I'm more of an eventer, really,) but I can help you with #2, at least :P

If you go into your script editor and pull up the Game_Actor script, right near the bottom of that you'll see 'Get Battle Screen Y-Coordinate,' which is set to 464 by default.  Just shift that down to your desired level, and you'll be all set ^^

With the first you may be able to use the color graphic codes that you can use in text, but I can't give you a real answer there, other than to point you in that direction.

For the third, I have no idea, though it seems like it would require a special script for the people following the lead character to move in the four non-cardinal directions, but that's just a guess on my part :P