RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
i don't know how to use this sprite sheet! [RPG Maker 2003]

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
I found this sprite sheet and i want to use it but i dont know how  to get it to work. i tried importing it and it works but then when i try to use it the sprites are all jumbled together and dont work right.

Please help me.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 04:48:26 PM by bman2895 »

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I don't know what format RPGMaker2003 uses for it's characters, but I do know one thing for certain. A sheet like that would never work in any RPGMaker unless maybe you would custom script how it reads each and every frame, and I doubt you'd do that.

All RPGMaker sprites are required to be in a format. I work with VX and the default format is like this:

Each 3x4 block of sprites is considered one Character and this is the default.

I also have a script that Allows me to make Animations into battle characters , but I'd then have to format every sprite I wanted to use in a set of animation boxes which is 5x2(up to)20 with each box being 192x192.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
oh ok. thanks for the info. i'll look around the internet for something like that.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
if you look at the RTP files for the sprite sheet in RM2k3 it will show you how to use them, then just edit them and fix them in paint or photoshop or some kind of picture editing software, to make it look like the other sheets. Its not that hard really.
Now Your nightmare comes to life.

[RMXP] CRYSTaL KNigHTS: The First Dawn - 20%
[RMXP] White Ruins - 10 %

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
That particular Regal sprite you found is a Battler, not a character. In order for it to work as you want it to, it has to be sectioned off in a Battler template, as such:

Each individual motion lies in one of the gray or brown boxes. Of course, it's going to take quite a bit of editing to make that a reality, given 2k3's system.

Spoiler for Just FYI:

This is the normal sprite (Walking around on the world map) template. It's helped me rework a couple sprites I've tampered with.