RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] pictures

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
So i'm making a game and i want to display a bunch of pictures using the show picture command, but since it doesn't autofit the image to the screen i need some info.

what size should the images be to fill the entire screen? or is there a way to get it to fit to the screen?

thanks in advance.

also one other thing, is there an easier way to get pictures to go away when you press enter?
what i do right now is, set the windows theme to nothing, put in an empty text boxt, and set the theme back in the end.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 01:15:09 PM by angerfist »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
For RMXP, the default screen size is 640 pixel height by 480 pixel width. The images won't automatically fit on the screen, so you'll either have to manually edit the image to be that large, or do some stretching with the zoom. It'll be easier just to manually edit it.

As for getting rid of them... What you're doing is one of the better ways of doing it. The way I used to do it was that I'd just set the text options to bottom and hidden, then showed a blank message after the picture. This would show the picture, and the little arrow of a message as if to indicate to the player that the game is waiting on them to press a button to continue. Then of course you just set it back to normal after they've hit enter.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
i feared i had to resize em, oh well. thanks for the info, much apriciated.