RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] World's Dawn (Spring + Summer)

Rep:
Level 84
Winner - 2010 Autumn Project of the Season

www.WorldsDawn.com . . .

Download Spring+Summer (83 MB)

"The best of Harvest Moon coupled with better writing" - IndieGames.com

Inspired by slow-paced games like those in the Harvest Moon series, World's Dawn allows players to experience life in a sleepy farming village off the beaten path. If the town of Sugar Blossom is to ever rediscover the spirited essence it once held, its newest resident must make it so... That's you!

After moving into an old farmhouse, you're free to explore and participate in a number of activities from day to day. These include growing crops, raising livestock, building relationships with townsfolk, fishing in rivers and ponds, shopping, cooking, foraging, trading goods, playing sports, attending markets and festivals, flirting and marrying, and many more. Even after playing through an entire game year (which will offer 30+ hours of content) you'll find there is still plenty to surprise and entertain you in the friendly farming village.

Currently, the complete SPRING and SUMMER seasons are available for download, with autumn and winter under development and planned for release within the next few months.

Thanks so much for your interest! Don't forget to leave a comment!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:12:01 PM by Sagitar »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Great Zombie Jesus, I love Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing type games, and this ones looks really promising. Hope you can keep up the pace!

Rep:
Level 84
@cozziekuns : Thanks so much! This project's been a lot of work already, but I'm confident I can keep up the pace and get a demo out in the semi-near future  ^-^ I hope the game doesn't disappoint!

If anyone is interested, I've updated the original post with some new content. There are updated screenshots (with a new style of path) as well as a couple demo videos. Let me know what you think!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
This looks fantastic! I can't wait to play it. :)

The only thing I find a bit off are the text pictures. They look a little....unsettling. Maybe that's just me though.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Wow! This looks amazing; you're clearly a very talented game designer and I wish you the best of luck in this project. Like cozzie, I too love games like this.

I'll be looking forward to seeing this project finished. Keep up the good work!

The only thing I will mention here is: I like the trees a lot, but the character sprites seem a little big compared next to them. That's not a big deal though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 02:19:20 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Wow! This looks amazing

I'll be looking forward to seeing this project finished. Keep up the good work!

The only thing I will mention here is: I like the trees a lot, but the character sprites seem a little big compared next to them. That's not a big deal though.

True, and gosh, love the sprites! They make the game so cowl.Nicely done so far!
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
I am so excited for this project's release! I have made about 2 games with the same principal and concept of your game (mainly because I wanted to create an RPG Game that was fun and interactive without all of the typical advanced battling systems, cliche plots, unfulfilling endings, etc.) Of course, I am no where near as masterful on RPG Maker VX as you are because I mainly use RPG Maker XP. Your original graphics are inspiring and your town has a cozy atmosphere to it that I didn't know VX games could have, because they are usually so boxy and unrealistic. Keep up the good work!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
While I won't refute the fact that your tiles are very nice, I'm not exactly fond of the style. Too simplistic for my tastes, imo. The autotiles in the outdoor maps also kind of betray the grid. Not a big deal, I know, but again, it's not a style I'm used to.

Everything else is top-notch, though. I can't guarantee that I'll play it since I myself am not a fan of games similar to Harvest Moon, but it looks great from a purely stylistic point of view.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I absolutely love the artistic style of this game. Put together with a life-sim makes me want to drool. Will look forward to playing this.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 89
Yay! Would love to play it. I'm also huge fan of Harvest Moon series! :) I really like the logo symbol, representing day and night together.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 04:11:21 PM by Fizzly »
Regards,
Mike

Rep:
Level 84
Hey everyone, I'm really sorry for the late reply! I've been very busy these past few weeks... but that's a lame excuse  ;9
I truly appreciate your feedback, it's the best motivator there is. I'm happy (and a small bit nervous) that so many people are looking forward to the game and offering their full support. Thanks so much!

@Acolyte : Thank you a ton, I'm glad you're excited to play  :lol: What exactly looks unsettling about the text pictures? Or is it too hard to pinpoint? Criticism is very much welcome!

@modern algebra : I really appreciate your feedback especially, as 1) you're such a respected member of this community and 2) I use your fantastic scripts all the time  ;D Enough brown-nosing, though... Thanks so much for your comments and support, I'll definitely keep up the work on this project and see that it's released in the reasonably near future. You're not the first person to mention those trees, by the way... I'll see what I can do!

@DarkGamer : Thank you very much for the compliment. I hope you enjoy the game when it's released!

@beyondtheanonymous : It's great to hear you've made similar games because I think a lot of people like this kind of project (without the battles, leveling up, etc.) and would like to design them, but they're really an exhausting amount of work! Hah so I'm glad you can appreciate everything that's gone into the project so far... and I'm especially happy the cozy atmosphere that you mentioned comes across even with just the screenshots. Thanks a ton!

@Ryosis : Thanks a lot for your comments! It was really cool of you to offer constructive criticism but also accept that some of it comes down to stylistic preference. And though World's Dawn is very (very) similar to Harvest Moon in all kinds of ways, I hope you'll at least give it a shot upon release  ;)

@deadnub : Glad to hear you're looking forward to it. Thanks for your comments, I really hope he project lives up to all these expectations!

@Fizzly : Alright, another fan of Harvest Moon! I can all but guarantee you'll like this project too, as it's very much inspired by that series. I appreciate your comment on the logo, too... It's an important feature that (sadly) a lot of people don't put enough thought into.

@Kyogia : Play Harvest Moon! There, there's two recommendations  :) I hope you like this game as well!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This game has been nominated for Project of the Season: Autumn 2010! Congratulations and good luck!

3==D This is my bellend.
Rep:
Level 83
Is the house decorating evented?
no

By Kraft

Rep:
Level 97

Congratulations! This project has won Project of the Season for Autumn 2010! This means that your project will be sticked and featured on RMRK's homepage for the duration of the season. Naturally, you may also mention the award when publicizing the project. Great work and again, congratulations; you deserved it!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:41:54 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Congratulations!
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you so much! It's such a great honor to win the first Project of the Season award, I almost can't believe it considering all the great projects around here.

As far as progress goes, my semester just picked up recently and it's been tough finding as much time as I would want to work on World's Dawn. However, I promise that a playable demo is not far off at this point and I certainly hope it will be worth the wait.

Thanks again to everyone for your support, and thanks doubly to those who voted   ;)

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Congratulations on winning Project of the Season! It was a deserving award for your persistent efforts in making this timeless, unique and highly original game. I am so excited for the demo of this game that I have bookmarked this page. Sometimes people receive publicity when they are not deserving of it at all - that is not the case for you. I am so exhilarated someone who is so talented and determined is being recognized for their hard work.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 04:11:57 AM by beyondtheanonymous »

Rep:
Level 84
@beyondtheanonymous : I truly appreciate your kind words  ^-^ Almost too kind! I'm glad you're looking forward to the demo with such fervor and I very much hope it doesn't disappoint.

On the topic of the demo, it looks as though it's not far off! I know I've said something similar in the past, but I'm actually at the point now where I can see the finish line. Releasing a demo for a nonlinear game like this is tough, because it means I have to make a call whether or not to include each individual feature and how to best go about it...
In any case, you shouldn't have to wait much longer  8)

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
I'm stoked about this game, it's got a lot going for it and you seem to have committed quite a bit. The customizing is freaking amazing and it looks lke there's tons to do. Your maps are looking like they're missing something though, maybe just a little more detail. Sugar Blossam looks awesome, but once again are you incorporating any wildlife of some more NPCs maybe, it just seems very straight forward and could use some meshing of life. I'm curious what the town life is going to be like.
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 84
I revamped the original post with fancy new colors and new screenshots! Check them out and be sure to let me know what you think. And remember, a playable demo is just over the horizon... (it's a safe bet to expect it by December  ;))

@hawkeye : Thanks so much for your feedback, I'm happy you're so excited to play the game. I will definitely look into adding more detail to some of the maps, especially in terms of wildlife and that feeling of being "alive". However, there is a story-related reason I don't want to overdo it right away though...
Thanks again for your comments, I really appreciate it. And I hope to hear more after you get a chance to play the demo!

Rep:
Level 83
Looks like its progressing well, I don't know when you started, but a demo by December. Another reason to stick around :/

Good luck :D

Rep:
Level 84
It's been a long time coming, but the World's Dawn demo has finally arrived! This is the main project I've been working on for close to a year, so I'm proud to say players can finally experience the game for themselves through this special teaser.

The "Guided Demo" includes original graphics and gameplay systems that will appear in the final product (scheduled for a 2011 release). I will personally guide you through the demo as Sagitar to ensure you get the most out of the contained features... I'll even let you know if you missed anything important upon completion! A single playthrough should take about one hour.

I purposely avoided including any unfinished features or systems in the demo. Houses with incomplete maps will be locked from the outside; characters missing facesets or dialogue are left out completely... So while it's clear this is not a finished product, the demo should show a fair amount of polish. I didn't want players to encounter any strange glitches or vacant locales in Sugar Blossom Village.

Click the image below to download the demo! (If you need to find this link in the future, it's located on World's Dawn site as well as a number of project threads around the RM community). Once you play, do me a favor and leave your comments. Feedback is always welcome, and player input is vital in helping the game grow.

A hearty thanks goes out to everyone who has offered their resources, wisdom, and support throughout this year-long process.

Enjoy the demo!

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Arrow likes this idea. Arrow likes the art and the general concept.

Arrow will not be downloading this now, at 3:00 in the morning, as it is his mellow time and the download might take precedence over the music he is streaming on his crappy connection, but Arrow will certainly be bookmarking this onto his toolbar and downloading soon.

Yay!

Rep:
Level 97
Awesome. Downloading Now!

Rep:
Level 84
@Arrow : I'm glad you like the art and concept! Hah thanks for taking the time to comment, hopefully you'll get a chance to download the game soon.

@modern algebra : Can't wait to hear what you think  ^-^