RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] World's Dawn (Spring + Summer)

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Demo's pretty neat, but I think I found a glitch. When you hold down the dash button, even if you don't move, you still lose stamina :(

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Finished the demo. Love it! The graphics are very colorful and unique, and the music was lovely. I found lockball to be rather entertaining, but I'm confused about the whole "lock" aspect of it. I held down the spacebar, but it only worked for me a few times. I could be doing it wrong, though. I only skimmed the directions.

Rep:
Level 84
Winner - 2010 Autumn Project of the Season
Thanks for the feedback  :)

@cozziekuns : Glad you like it, and good catch with the glitch, I didn't even think about that. It will surely be fixed in the final version!

@Acolyte : Thanks for the comments, I'm happy you like the graphics and soundtrack (I think you're the only one to mention the music!). As for your LockBall question... your "Junction" skill level determines the percentage chance you'll successfully lock up your goal when holding the action button. When you're just starting out, locking your goal will only work about half the time.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
It was great but I'm ashamed that I got infuriated with seeing "This ...... is not included in the demo". I kind of stopped playing...

However, what I saw was excellent!

Rep:
Level 84
Glad you liked what you saw! Sorry about the "not featured" parts, it's really only the buildings that you can't explore. There are three places you can enter (Benjamin's Craftshop, Midnight Tavern, General Shop) but the rest of the interiors are incomplete so I chose to leave them out.

Thanks for the comment!

Rep:
Level 83
What really impressed me was that all the townsfolk will follow their own personal schedules everyday, whether they will be different every day (Different for every day of the week) or the same every single day, especially if they're lots of people in the village.

Good luck with completing it.

Rep:
Level 74
RMRK Junior
Wow I really look forward to you completing the game. I really like the Harvest Moon feel to it. Great job! I will be downloading the demo xD

Rep:
Level 84
Thank you so much for the feedback  :lol:

@Milespleasant : That's been one of the hardest things so far, getting all the villagers to move around to their own schedules without bugs. I think I've figured out a pretty good way to do it now, so hopefully that will be an interesting feature for players to experience in the final version. Thanks for your comment!

@erlyn : I appreciate your support! Let me know what you think of the demo, player input is extremely helpful!

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
This is a very good idea, i think you should keep this one up and don't abandon it! I thought of creating a game like this but a little more simple.. Real Life Time, having moods, etc.. Anyway good job keep up the good work

Rep:
Level 83
There hasn't been much reply from Sagitar since January. Hopefully, he's still working on the project, though.

Rep:
Level 84
Hey everyone! I'm back with a ton of new updates just to reassure you that yes, I am still working hard on World's Dawn  :lol:

First off, I created a brand new gameplay trailer to show off a bunch of previously unseen event systems and graphics. Check it out here or in the main post if you prefer:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IH2G2BJu3Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IH2G2BJu3Y</a>

Since that trailer, however, there have been even more graphical updates (mostly overhauling the HUD but there have been other tweaks as well) and so I added a ton new screenshots to the original post as well. Make sure to go look at them all and let me know what you think! I appreciate your feedback.

If you want to receive more regular updates on World's Dawn and my other game projects, follow the studio Facebook page! Once the full game is released, there will be in-game rewards and bonuses for Facebook followers, so there's plenty of incentive to hit the "Like" button.

I'm still shooting for a (late) 2011 release! Until then, keep checking back for more updates!

Thanks for all the support!

Rep:
Level 84
Here it is, a long awaited (and well-deserved) update!

First things first: I just launched a new website for World's Dawn to coincide with a whole big studio reinvention. You can check it out at:
www.worldsdawn.com

The site has some of the same information you've already seen, but there's also a detailed beginner's guide that will introduce you to many of the characters, places, and gameplay features planned for the game. Check it out and let me know what you think! Feedback is always great for things like this. And if you're interested, check out the new waywardprophet.com for related projects and info.

If you haven't already seen them, there are new images posted, showcasing what the final graphical style for World's Dawn will look like. You can expect more info soon (I promise this time), but the 4-5 hour Spring Season is very close to completion. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that by the end of April, you'll be playing the game in some capacity.

The final update is a brand new spin-off project based on the sport of LockBall. It will be a fun, fast-paced game to spend a few minutes at a time on, and should be released in the next couple of days. If you play enough and level up your statistics, you'll even be able to carry your progress over into World's Dawn!

More updates will follow in the near future. Until then, check out all the new stuff at the site and get ready for the release of LockBall!

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
quack meteorologist
You gotta finish this.  The demo was seriously awesome so far.  Everything is so detailed and so interactive.  I really love just about everything about this.  Had a blast, but I need more, haha.  :D

Rep:
Level 84
I honestly can't believe how long it's been since I last posted here, not to mention that this topic was first published almost 4 years ago  :o I'm so sorry to everyone who was looking forward to World's Dawn and truly appreciate the support of everyone on this forum over the years.

That said, the Spring Season is finally (almost) ready to play! It's the hands of a select few testers at the moment for a final round of QA but my plan is to release the season on Saturday, April 12. I hope there are still some people around who are excited to play it! It's hard to estimate playtime for such a nonlinear games but most of my testers have been finishing the season around 8 or so hours.

Here's a few screenshots to prove I've been working on this project (sporadically, of course) pretty much this whole time! Almost everything about it has been overhauled and improved.

Again, thanks so much to everyone for all your support! I want to sincerely apologize for the lack of updates and false promises regarding a release date -- this time it's for real! I hope you all give the Spring Season a shot later this week  :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That sounds awesome sagitar!

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
The videos really capture my interest in spite of the outdated graphics.

I'm definitely giving this a try sometime this week.

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
I'm so surprised and pleased that you've continued work on this. I e-mailed you about some of the music used in this project several years ago, but I never received a response; has that issue been resolved? Might shoot you a PM just in case.

Definitely looking forward to the release of the Spring season!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:40:26 AM by akatharsia »

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
I have seen this before - never commented though - which is strange, considering I love the art and overall graphics.

I will have to download the (old, I guess?) demo and try it a bit. If nothing else I am also looking forward to the spring season  ^-^

Good luck!
My project:

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Woo! I've seen this before and kept my eye on it. I was a little sad that it had been abandoned, but I'm so glad it's back, and the expected release date is my birthday :D

Rep:
Level 84
Oh man, it's so amazing to hear people are still interested in this project! You are definitely welcome to play the very very old demo in the meantime, it might actually be cool to see just how far the game has come.

Thanks everyone! I cant wait to hear everyone's thoughts after the release of the spring season :)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
im interdasted pleas go on
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Okay, quick update as I'm getting ready to release the spring season... the game has a shiny new website! I know it's gone through a couple redesigns but I'm really happy with how it looks now  :)

http://worldsdawn.com
Feel free to visit and check out a bunch of brand new information on the every character in the game. There's also a built-in commenting system on the site so if it's easier for you to leave feedback there you can do that now.

Let me know what you think!

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Ah, I'm liking the updated site now!

Curious -- will mining be available from Spring on?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Whoa, this looks neat. B) Gonna give it a try!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 57
RPG VX - Project Moonhunter
The website is very colourful and spiffy. Quite the professional look!

Looking forward to trying this. Never did try Harvest Moon... so it'll be a new experience.
My project: