RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Dream" screenshots and a 10 minute demo. DEMO ADDED!

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
BBCode FTW!
I AM CONSIDERING SCRAPPING THIS PROJECT UNTIL I HAVE LEARNT RUBY.
DREAM

Screenshots [3] - More coming soon.
Spoiler for:
Starting house, Inn and shop [2 - one old, one new]
Spoiler for:
New:
Spoiler for:
Old
Spoiler for:
Floor one of starting house
Spoiler for:
Floor two of the starting house
Spoiler for:
>>There are windows, I wanted to add them but forgot. They are there now. I'll put a new image up soon!<<

Characters
Spoiler for:
MAIN CHARACTER:
Spoiler for:
You decide the name apologies to females but you only have one character, and it's male, you "wake up" but shortly realise - you dreamt about waking up basically, your dreaming that you are dreaming that you are dreaming that you are dreaming.
There's just you. I erased the rest of the party because I dislike having 4 people who you never see except in some parts. It's stupid how they just pop up when you go into a battle. Like they're hiding in your backpack or something

FATHER
Spoiler for:
Honestly, how to describe this guy? He's realy strange. He acts like he doesn't know you (his son) and charges you for anything he can.. He charges you to sleep in his house, repairing the bridge outside his house, anything he can.

MOTHER
Spoiler for:
Usually apologises about the father, can be seen at time wandering round random areas randomly then using an animation and disapearing. Theres something sinister about her.

?  ?  ?
Spoiler for:
An old man who apears quite often in the game and hints at things but never gives detailed answers and usually changes any subject to do with him. You find out all about him at very near the end of the RPG.

Story
Spoiler for:
in each dream you need to explore the village, and surrounding areas. They will be the same, but there will be quite big differences, it might be flooded with lava, the citizens might turn into monsters, you know, interesting stuff in general. Also, new areas will unlock each time.  ^-^

To wake up from each dream you must kill the boss of the stage, at which point an eccentric humorous old guy appears and does loads of cool animations and stuff to wake you up.

Each time the old man will tell you more and more until you Finally awake, and realise it was all a dream of a dream etc.. There'll probably be something cool after you wake up but I haven't thought that far yet..

DEMO:

YOU NEED THE RTP FOR ANY VERSIONS THAT DONT HAVE "RTP" TYPED NEXT TO THEM. I WILL DO ONE RARELY DUE TO THE TIME IT TAKES TO UPLOAD THEM.

My demo system works like this:
V 1  =  Official release of version one
V 1.1  =  Version one but with bug fixes.
V 1.2  =  Version one but more bug fixes.

V 1
V 1.1 - Dungeon was too dificult, added potions in shop.

Updates:
V1.1 released.

Ideas? Comments? Good points? Bad points?  :police:
Oh, and does the thread look okay?  don't know whether I used too many BBCode tags or not...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:22:45 PM by Toast »

Dream: >Demo: V-1.1< >Game: 8%<
MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 81
So I'm dreaming a dream that i dreamt while i was dreaming while...dreaming? jk

It's actually a really interesting idea. Reminds me a lot of Baroque.

Just one thing, In the screenshot, the house looked really large. Are you planning on using the default VX character sprites or are you adding new ones to scale?

BBCode FTW!
Yeah I'm going to be honest, the house tiles in VX fail, badly. I've seen a screenshot of XP where there are diagonal roofs which join a different section of the house nicely but I just had to use a tileset and it's not perfect.

That house is only big because it's where you live and it's an inn and a shop all in one, and a kid a mother and father live there. The other houses will be smaller..

Thanks for the feedback on the idea and the house!

I've nearly finished the first floor but I fail at indoor things so it won't be very good.

I've also added a door behind one of the grave things which will open in a later level.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 81
Well I understand that you want the house to be big, but not too big. I mean it only has windows on, what I'm assuming, is the second floor. And theres a lot of space in between.

BBCode FTW!
Hmm.. I'll add more, then upload a different screenshot.

In the first floor of the inn screenshot I added, I missed out the bit of the floor which goes at the bottom, it is there but not in the screenshot.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

BBCode FTW!
Okay added the new screenshot. Looks a bit better, notice the little door hidden behind the gravestone? The crack hidden behind the treetrunk? They'll become magical portals later in the game to other places. There'll be hidden places scattered around the game, some give free stuff, some are vital for completion of the game.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

Rep:
Level 81
It's looking better already. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this game.

BBCode FTW!
Thanks, it's my first attempt at making a proper rpg on this software. I might try doing a huge castle for each boss. Although if they are big then I will make them interesting.. Any ideas for waht the old man can do in the final dream?

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

BBCode FTW!
Hmm.. I just discovered changing set E will swap any tiles you used on old set E into the new one oin the same place. This has extremely put me off and in my future projects I will use XP. I will still use VX in some/most occasions but I will be using XP more often.

I will finish this project as well as I can first, however.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

BBCode FTW!
I will release a very early demo soon. It won't be very long but just so people can tell me any bugs, any pro's, con's etc.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

BBCode FTW!
Demo released. I've not put any fancy scripts in yet and I'll try and limit them until I've lurnt ruby due to the amount of credit I will have to give.

Rate on the mapping and the storyline rather than script, please.

Please note that the first level is a tutorial more than anything (you only get to go up to where the boss will be) and there is a fixed path. Level 2 and any past it will be free roaming.

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..

BBCode FTW!
Okay I'm temporarily stopping this project, is there any chance it can be moved to old projects until I decide to return to it?

MY BIG SECRET:
Spoiler for:
I can toast people..