RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bloodstained Hands [Full VX Project v1.4]

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I am not agnry.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
So, after seven years of working on this game, it's finally finished! You can download it from the link at the bottom of the main post.

Also, if I could get this moved into Completed Projects, that would be great. Pretty please.

EDIT: Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:17:03 PM by Strak »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Don't know what drugs I was on. I apologize. o_o

Good job completing your game! :D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Lol, no worries. Thanks!

Rep: +0/-0Level 52
Don't Hate Me Cause I'm Cute
ah Strak, I've got a problem. Could be it's just me but......

Early in the game, in the training room with the dummy, I HOLD the A key then tap the X key but the session does not end....

Please, what am I doing wrong ??

Thanks

Also, uaually you can bring up a MENU with the ESC. key but it seems no key is bringing up the menu. I like to check the items to see what great
things are in my inventory :), skills, equipment etc. but I can't bring up the menu.

there is not reasons to be getting agnry

Looks to me like he was not really angry, just pointing out that his FB page has all the updates and might be easier to get there...:)
Maybe next time he should add a  ;D

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
The controls may be dependent on the settings you have for the platform the game runs on. If you currently have the buttons set to the platform defaults, then the Battle Escape function is triggered by the Q key on the keyboard, not the A key (in-game "button" assignment is "L").

If you wish to change the key and button assignments, you can do so in game by pressing F1. This should open a tab that can adjust certain settings. The button assignments can be accessed from the Gamepad tab, and the key assignments can be changed from the Keyboard tab.

As for accessing the menu, the default platform key on the keyboard is D (in-game "button" assignment is "Z").

In addition, there is an in-game Guide that can be accessed from the menu, which describes any discrepancies that may arise from the control scheme. This should answer any questions you may have, although if there is anything you wish to know, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck, and thank you for playing!

Thank you for getting back to me so fast......ON BOTH SITES  ;8

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
No problem! I'm happy to help.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
NOTICE: A bug has become apparent in the side-mission system. When accepting an "Assassination" mission at the guild, there are five different targets you may be sent to kill. Each of these targets may appear in any city or dungeon you have already visited. It has come to my attention that when asked to kill the "Spy" in any dungeon (not cities), the spy will not appear, and the mission will become impossible to complete, preventing any further missions from being accepted. I will be releasing version 1.1 soon, with several updates, including a fix to this bug. In the mean time, it is recommended to save before accepting any side missions, and if asked to kill the spy, to reload the save file and accept a different mission. Note that the targets are randomized at the acceptance of the mission, and are not done in any particular order, so you may still accept missions from the same mission giver.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Version 1.1 is now available! A lot has changed, so be sure to check it out! And if you're already playing the game, I apologize I couldn't release this version the first time. There were bugs that became apparent only through several rounds of testing. Regardless, the game is much better than it was before. Here's a list of all the updates.

v1.1 Updates:
-Improvements to the battle system (implemented "Wait Modes")
-Adjustments to power of skills and spells
-Adjustments to power of Toxins
-Adjustments to Weapon and Armor stats
-Adjustments to Character stats
-Updates to animations
-Updates to Alchemy System
-New Items
-New Spells
-New States
-Updates to Side Missions
-New Enemies
-Graphical Errors Fixed
-Ancient Catacombs expanded
-Mist Forest Updated to be more navigatable
-Updates to treasures found in dungeons
-Updates to skills "Assault" and "Backstab" (HP Cost)
-Updates to In-Game Guide
-Updates to Menu System Options
-Updates to Enemy Skills

Bug Fixes:
-Fixed a bug where "Spy" would not appear in Dungeons
-Fixed a bug where World Map BGM would reset when boarding a vehicle

Possible future updates may include:
-"Shield" skill fix (I plan on removing the skill, and have the "Shield" state trigger randomly when shields are equipped)
-Parallax mapping
-Original Resources (in particular, music)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 05:42:15 PM by Strak »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
I have a request, if anyone is up for it. I'm looking for some feedback on this game, mostly on game mechanics, story, and "draw" factor, or how well the game keeps you interested. If there's anyone out there who would like to make a review of this game, I'd greatly appreciate it, as it would help me to determine what needs improvement and what was done well for future projects. Pretty please and thank you! :D

I noticed you had posted that Version 1.1 was up for download.
Could not find the link here so went to your FB page.
Clicked on a link and found a download button.

IT COULD HAVE BEEN MY MISTAKE but after the download my computer went crazy and I thought I was going to have to call
call someone to come fix it. BLUE SCREEN and all.

I was finally able to delete 4-5 other programs that piggy-backed the download with a crap load of popups and advertisment
websites.
Like I said, it my have somehow been my fault BUT it could also have been the fault of the site you uploaded the new version
and that may be why you did not get any feedback.

Why not upload it again on RMN, the main site with all the other games???  Just a thought.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Oh wow, I had no idea. I hope everything is alright on your computer, and I sincerely apologize if the download for my game was the cause of all that, but I'll be sure to move it to a different site. Thanks for the heads-up.

EDIT: Before I completely remove this link, I just want to make sure. When you went to download the game, did you access the download through a tab that looked like the attached image? There are ads on indiedb that have links that say "Download Now" and stuff like that, but none of those ads are actually associated with the website itself or any of the games on the website. The actual download for my game can be found under the downloads tab, or simply by scrolling down until you see a downloads section, just like the one in the attached image.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:48:50 PM by Strak »

Sorry for the reply delay. Guess I don't have this site set up to notify when something is post here :(

Not sure what really happened. I'm not familier at all with  indiedb, so not sure what caused the problem.
Like I said, I may have picked the wrong "download" button. Some sites may do that on purpose. All the download
buttons and hitting the wrong one may get them some $$$$ from adverts they allow on their site.

OK, please pray for me  :'( I'll try again and hope I don't get snagged by a bunch of popups   :(

OH NO WHAT HAVE I DONE???????  clicked on the "download" button on the bottom of your original post  and it automatically began downloading from a page that did not appear to be another site........will have to check my puter to be sure you did not prank me into downloaded a super, super virus......just kidding.  Will let you know how it all goes....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 04:02:19 PM by Linkis »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Fingers crossed? The download link at the bottom of the original post does lead directly to the actual download link for the game, but because the game is so large, I can't actually upload it directly to RMN. I had to use a different host. I really do hope it works for you though, there shouldn't be any reason that it wouldn't.

Rep:
Level 84
puking up frothing vitriolic sarcastic spittle
Fingers crossed? The download link at the bottom of the original post does lead directly to the actual download link for the game, but because the game is so large, I can't actually upload it directly to RMN. I had to use a different host. I really do hope it works for you though, there shouldn't be any reason that it wouldn't.

If you ask the mods at RMN, they'll usually allow people to upload larger games. Within reason, of course. The limit is there to stop people superfluously uploading large files, rather than to limit people's projects.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Ah, good to know. I'll get on that. Thanks!

Got it........YYYYYAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Now I just have to find time to play on my puter :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
The princess beats me with a cattle rod.
Hey Strak great project looks nice downloading right now to see how your game is and I'll post back to tell you if its cool or not. I downloaded the one thats on the first post, not sure if thats your demo or not. If it isn't your full game give me the link or tell me where to find it.

Ok so when I start the game I get this RGSS202E.dll could not be found error. Is this because I don't have the RTP installed? It's been a while since I've messed with RPG maker so I'm kinda rusty on how that all works. If it is links would be appreciated.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
The RTP is necessary to play the game, I'll post a direct link to the RTP on the main post.

EDIT: By the way, I'd like to apologize for all the trouble that this game has caused, simply due to the circuitous nature if the downloads. I truly did attempt to make this as simple as possible, but apparently I'm not very good at that.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 08:58:25 PM by Strak »

Well its like big surprise a lot of this shit isn't easy. I mean Ive actually made games using Visual Basic and it's a pain in the ass but it's nice. Just try putting it all in a zip or whatevs I'm sure you'll get it right. A good idea would be to have multiple seperate folders in the root of the zip, like the game and the RTP and then a file text describing how to install it, a friendly introduction to the game, controls, credits, etc. It's nice to do this cuz then people won't be alienated and they'll feel like your communicating with them. It would be cool if it was a pdf then you can put like some art that would be on the box cover of your game if it was like an SNES title or something.
Well hopefully I can get it to run. Wish me luck.

Yeah Im stuck on the tutorial battle where you fight the dummy. I can't exit even though I hold A and press X.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
This has been a common issue, one which I'll fix in the next update. My control scheme during the development of this game was different from the platform defaults, and I forgot to account for different controls for different consoles. Here's the solution I posted to a previous player:

The controls may be dependent on the settings you have for the platform the game runs on. If you currently have the buttons set to the platform defaults, then the Battle Escape function is triggered by the Q key on the keyboard, not the A key (in-game "button" assignment is "L").

If you wish to change the key and button assignments, you can do so in game by pressing F1. This should open a tab that can adjust certain settings. The button assignments can be accessed from the Gamepad tab, and the key assignments can be changed from the Keyboard tab.

As for accessing the menu, the default platform key on the keyboard is D (in-game "button" assignment is "Z").

In addition, there is an in-game Guide that can be accessed from the menu, which describes any discrepancies that may arise from the control scheme. This should answer any questions you may have, although if there is anything you wish to know, please don't hesitate to ask. Good luck, and thank you for playing!