RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Omega Quest System 3.0

Rep:
Level 76
Creator of sliced awesomeness.
Omega Quest System
Version: 3.0
Author: Omegas7

Version History

• <Version 3.0> All past versions deleted from history.

Planned Future Versions
  • <Version 3.1>
    • Quest Board for the player to choose from a list of quests. Started quests are automatically removed from the boards.
    • Quest Preview Window (title, info, description, and rewards) that can be called in the map.
    • Automatic pop-up window announcing the progress of a quest.
    • Your own custom categories aside from [All] [Complete] [Incomplete]. This means you can make quests with "failed" status.
    • New layout using windows with changeable opacity >.>
    • Font size and color being editable for every window.
    • "Ranking Level or Difficulty Level" display for the quests.
    • Some bug fixes listed earlier.

Description

A... well, script journal for your game. Create quests linked to a variable in the game. The variable will represent the quest progress (how many "To-do" was done). When the variable is high enough (all "To-do" was done"), the quest is considered complete...

Features

• Easy to create quests in the script.
  • Very flexible, just one variable required for your quest!
  • Support variable display in the quest task page.
  • Support All, Complete, and Incomplete categories.
  • Support Complete and Incomplete icons.
  • Unlimited tasks (to-do) for your quests.
  • Scrollable task page if required.
  • Description box.
  • Current Stats box.

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

Instructions

The script's comments are very detailed.

Script Demo

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z5n5mlzzmzd

Support

Posting here is enough.

Known Issues
If you got many quests the window won't scroll. Will be fixed =/
Oceanic Unicorns. Yes.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Purdy :)

Nice job Omegas and thanks for sharing!

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Neato! Seems easy to configure and has lots of great features.

Nice work.

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
hey omage7 my m8ty how are you! ^^
nice script my friend :p

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
thanks dude this is a great script ;D

RMRK Junior
 ;8 WoWee! Thanks for such a great script!

RMRK Junior
This is my favorite script of all! Thank you! :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
You will die with honor...
I Put the  script in but it won't appear on my menu index. Ideas?  :o

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
This script does not have a function to automatically place it in the menu.
This is a tutorial for inputing options into the default menu.
If you have a menu script like Main Menu Melody, it'll likely have it's own method for inputting menu options.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
You will die with honor...
cant login, could u paste it here?

Rep:
Level 75
what am i supposed to put here oh no im almost out
I wanted to pop in really quick and help anyone with the Menu issue.

If you copy and paste the information from the Scene_Menu (In the script DB) from the Demo and paste it over the Script_Menu file in your game (Assuming you haven't already modified it.) it should work. I was messing around for a bit until I figured it out and got it all working.

This is a FANTASTIC script. Thank you Omegas7!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:49:02 PM by Osaka »

RMRK Junior
great script, i was just wondering if its possible to have the menu looking like so :

although i can easily make a new background and layout for the menu... it would look alot better matching the other menu!
thanks for the scipt, sooooooooooo easy!
infact, ther was nothing complex about it at all!!
-Kureigu :)

Rep:
Level 71
I'm going to seem like a giant noob but i cant find the script! and the demo is a rar file.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
One would think that you'd have to get the demo and open it in WinRAR or Zip.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
Oh thanks i just installed winrar on my computer.

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
Don't drink and drive SMOKE and fly!
Great script!I installed it in my game but it would be better if the window layout was...you know a little better :-\

Rep:
Level 67
Eternal Newbie
I apologize for bumping such an old topic. I do see the warning, but I didn't think it was appropriate to make a new thread about this. My apologies if I am mistaken.

I was just wondering which lines I need to edit to:
1. Remove the black background when the scene is called (I commented out lines 119 and 126-133 in the V3 script but that didn't seem to help).
2. Move the windows around. Figured this one out myself. Still wondering about the other two
3. Make everything (task, description, quest selection, etc) appear in one scene rather than having to select the quest to see all of the tasks.

Thanks in advance to everyone that helps me.

Just for reference, this is what it looks like right now (with my modified window skin)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:56:46 AM by JonFawkes »