RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Move Frequency Issues [rm2k]

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
The first "quest" of my game is to take the new girl in town around, and introduce her to people, and show her what the buildings are. When you reach a point of interest, the "girl" event will teleport on top of you (oh baby!), and the page will turn so that she becomes visible (first page is blank). The hero will step left, and the girl event will step right. They face each other, and the dialogue begins. It looks really good. I will make a separate event page for each "door" where hero will just say "this is Person A's house, he is a farmer." "This is Person B's house, they are a blacksmith." et cetera.

But for introducing her to people, it's a bit different because the hero can approach a person from one of four angles. I made a clever event that will do this (mostly because I hate screwing around with conditional branches when I don't have to.):

<>teleport the "girl" event on top of the person of interest.
<>Change switch: Girl's page turns to page 2, and she becomes "visible" (but she doesn't become visible yet because you immediately change her graphic to nothing) This is just so that the page turn won't affect the direction she is facing, when she becomes visible in the middle of the event.
<>Move event: Girl
      change graphic to blank
      start slipthrough
      girl faces hero
      girl steps forward
      girl turns 90 deg to the right
      girl's graphic changes back, she becomes visible
      girl steps forward
      girl turns 90 deg to the right

This way, no matter which angle you approach the person from, the girl will always end up standing at your right, facing the guy you're talking to. It looks good. But there is a problem.

She moves with a super-slow frequency. Each step is like 3 or 4 seconds. Her frequency is SET to 8 (highest) in the move command. The movement speed of the guy you talk to, and the girl event are both normal. I even tried putting "move freq. up" "move speed up" 5 times each at the beginning of that "move" command. Nothing works. Is it just processing slow? Or is there something obvious I have to change for this to work?

Thanks
An nation's brave captain must choose between his morality, and what he knows is right.
A village handyman on the run must learn fast the way of the sword, or die by it.
A farmer's daughter is captured, abused, turned into a mad woman.
A ruthless queen is forced to kill her own people to save thousands of lives.

Yeah my game is gonna be cool. I'm still learning, though. :)