RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Several questions for RMVX

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
First off, I'm new here so hi all.
So, I've got quite a few questions about RPG Maker VX. I've only been using it for 2 days, out of my 30 day trial.
Here are my questions:
1 - I placed a boat, that I can enter a rotate, but it doesn't allow me to move around the sea. Do boats only work on the world map or what?

2 - Is there any other way to move about on the world map? Like making my player small or a different vehicle, like the horse thingy?

3 - I've seen tilesets for roofs shaped like ^ on older RMs. Do they exist in VX?

4 - How do I choose what items the player starts with?

5 - Is there a way to rotate tiles?

6 - How do I install aditional tilesets?

7 - Is there a way to have more then just 5 tilesets? (A to E)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
1. Boats only work in shallow water; in deep water, you need to use ships.

2. You can change the player graphic using the Set Move Route: Player: Change graphic event command. You just ned to so so before entering the world map and change it back when exiting.

3. You can generate some using the JunkHunt Roof Tile Generator

4. For equipment, you can set that in the Actor tab of the database. If you just want the party to have items, you need to give them to the party using the Change Item, Change Weapon, and Change Armor event commands, at the top of the second column of the first tab. To run those at the start of the game, just use a parallel process event that gives them all to them, and then turns itself off.

5. No, you cannot rotate individual tiles. You'd have to use an image generating program.

6. You can install different tilesets by naming files in the System folder as TileA1, TileA2, TileA3, TileA4, TileA5, TileB, TileC, TileD, TileE.

7. No, not by default. You have only the A-E tabs to work with. However, you can use Bulletxt's Swap Tileset program

RMRK Junior
Thanks for the help, but to install  new tileset, where do I put them? (filename?) Oh, and the JunkHunt Roof Tile Generator, it's not exactly what I'm looking for... I want roofs like this one:

That generator seems to only make roofs for buildings the exact size as themselves.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:21:18 AM by TheLeader13 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
6. You can install different tilesets by naming files in the System folder as TileA1, TileA2, TileA3, TileA4, TileA5, TileB, TileC, TileD, TileE.

The System Folder is in the Graphics folder. All you need to do is take a tileset in the correct format (resource specs can be found in the Help folder, as can all the info I am telling you, so look in the Help file) and save it in the System Folder with the appropriate name. So, if you want a different TileB, then save the one you want as "TileB" and put it in the System folder.

RMRK Junior
Oh and I have one more:

How do you add a name to text?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 07:56:15 PM by TheLeader13 »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Do you mean a namebox, or the name of an actor? For the name of an actor, just use the \n[a] command, which is replaced with the actor numbered a in the message window. For a namebox, you should probably get an ATS.

RMRK Junior
I can't seem to get the \n[a] command to work... How do I use it?
(Yes, I know I'm a noob)

Rep:
Level 97
Just put it in a message window. Replace "a" with an integer.

@>Text: \n[1] says: "\n[2], would you fetch my sword?"

would read in game as:

Ralph says: "Ulrika, would you fetch my sword?"

RMRK Junior
Oh, excuse me, I meant a name box. This is helpful too, but I still want a name box.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:24:14 PM by TheLeader13 »

RMRK Junior
Bump.
Can anyone help?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween