RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Reordering switches and variables? [rm2k]

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMRK Junior
Can this be done?

Suppose I have a list of switches which are in chronological order in my game. They have to do with the storyline progression, and each time I want a unique conversation or event to take place only once, the switches click "ON" one after another, in order. It's nice to have them neatly in order, because it makes looking for the switch I need super easy.

But what If I have a list 10 items long, and I have a great idea to add something which requires a switch, but in order to keep them chronological I would have to "insert" a switch between the fourth and fifth switches. Is there any way to do this, AND have the events which use these switches automatically update to the new "switch number".

I know that you can copy and paste switches to move them around, but say I have an event that uses switch number 6, and I copy switch number 6 to number 7, the event doesn't update itself. Is there any way to do this? Or am I doomed to have a chaotic, no particular order, jumbled list of switches. My game is only about 10 minutes long so far, and already I have 12 switches just having to do with the story line progression. I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it's going to be if I can't find a way to keep these in some sort of order.
An nation's brave captain must choose between his morality, and what he knows is right.
A village handyman on the run must learn fast the way of the sword, or die by it.
A farmer's daughter is captured, abused, turned into a mad woman.
A ruthless queen is forced to kill her own people to save thousands of lives.

Yeah my game is gonna be cool. I'm still learning, though. :)