RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruiting a team for my project

Rep:
Level 76
...Your story, begins now
Seeing as I do lack in some areas that are needed to create a game, I took it upon myself to put up this recruiting topic. In short, let me outline a couple of things about the project. Number one: It's a fantasy game. I have the rough storyline set up. You start out with the main character in his village, and he comes across an old friend he traveled with some time ago. They set off to the nearby regency to find the king was assassinated by an unknown figure, which later turns out to be the main character's former mentor. I'm still building on it, but it's a start.

You probably notice, number one, that it's been referred to two times already as "a game" or "the project". Simply, the reason being is: I haven't thought of a name. While I have thought of names for all the characters I would like to have, a name for the actual game behooves me. I have a rough idea for a storyline as well, but I would like others to come on as part of this team and improve what may or may not be such a good rough sketch.

Creativity, yes, is a big aspect of what I require for this time. However, there are some other things I'll be needing. Music artists, people to help me map and script certain parts of the game, graphic artists, there's a lot of open positions. At the end of this post I'll include a short (rough) list of what I believe I'll be needing on this team, and I'll update it as the spots or filled or as the need of certain positions arise.

For anyone that is interested, despite the vague details, you may send me a personal message, or talk to me via my MSN handle in my profile (for those that wish not to look: skyward_sword@live.com). I look forward to hearing from some of the talented people this forum houses and I hope to gather a good team to give this project the steam I would like it to. You may also double up on a position on the team, if you feel like you want to.

POSITIONS TO BE FILLED: (anything bolded has changed/been filled)
  • Lead/Assistant Scripter -> 1 Lead, 2 Assistants requested
  • Lead/Assistant Music Composer/Creator -> 1 Lead, 1 Assistant(s) requested
  • Lead Creativity/Assistant Creativity -> 1 Lead, 2 or 3 Assistants requested

Current Team:

cozziekuns -> Assistant Scripter
redyugi -> Assistant Creativity
Sashikinaroji -> Lead Music Composer/Creator
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:31:09 PM by Auron »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Since you went to all that trouble of making a recruitment topic like this...

I guess I could be an Assistant Scripter.

Rep:
Level 76
Updated the first post with what I have and what I still need. Don't be shy folks, I'll take any and all help I can get (so long as your experienced with your position)

Rep:
Level 83
Honestly, if I used VX (or Windows for that matter) anymore, I would help

Rep:
Level 76
Right now, my biggest need is the creative department in the form of storyline help as well as music/graphic artists. Just so you guys have a rough idea of what I most need.

Rep:
Level 83
I didn't see the creative category, so if you want, I will be an assistant creative person

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC!!!

Just tell me what kind of style you want and I'll crack out the ol' FL Studios!

I haven't messed with it in a while, but I need to start workin' with it again... My lazy pal was gonna do my music, but he's lazy... So I need to start workin' with it again anyways... This will help me get into a groove, so to speak, without totally freakin' out about my own game (because, come to think of it, that is at a temporary standstill...)

But, unlike spriting, this I can actually do rather quickly, nicely, and often.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
So I actually have some new jobs that I need filled. One of them is that I need some assistance creating maps. Because I'm not terribly good at them, I was hoping someone with good mapping skills could help me create some maps. I don't need all of them done for me, just some of them that look horrible by my own means.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Boss Fight Music (Full):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttlh28x003lmcq8

Boss Fight Music (Loop):
http://www.mediafire.com/?0hhvsvhbj3he578

Boss Fight Music (Intro):
http://www.mediafire.com/?g8nenxnikf1g166

I included the three files because the first one would be a looping of the entire song (including the intro)

However, you can use the other ones in order to play the intro once, then switch to the loop, and then skipping the intro when it loops.

These are demos, though, so I would suggest picking up the first download so that you can hear it first...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.