RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
:(

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
After saying XP or Die for about 7 years, I have no problems with 7. You are the most indecisive and unself reliant asian ever.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Windows 7 is the best thing Microsoft has ever done. I have never had any sort of issue with it.

Win7 is faster than XP, smarter, better designed, and I've never had to go searching for a driver, ever. Drivers are downloaded and installed automatically after detected the device.

You are the most indecisive and unself reliant asian ever.

LOL

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
After saying XP or Die for about 7 years, I have no problems with 7. You are the most indecisive and unself reliant asian ever.
You know, or I'm just someone who looks for an educated answer for taking any course of action instead of being "LOL HURRR WINDOWS 7 PRETTY AND IT'S NEWER SO I GO UPGRADE TO IT." That's what people who play Brawl do. And sure, that could be considered as not being self-reliant, but, technically, if you go online and search for any kind of answer, that would be not "self-reliant" because the judgment is not made completely of your own accord. >_>

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I actually like it. I had trouble connecting to my router out of nowhere one day. I told Windows 7 to find out why, and just fix it.

And it did!

No long instructions, no error reports. It just did it for me, and then my internet worked again!

THANK YOU, Windows. Thank you for FINALLY simplifying yourself. It's also the reason why I liked the MAC OS's as soon as I used them. That's how they function, too. Is there a problem? Oh, let me fix that FOR YOU. Granted, you can still go in and tweak things yourself if you really want to, but the OS can fix itself, if the problem is simple enough.

Brilliant.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
If you had switched to 7 as soon as you built your computer. you more than likely would not of had any of the problems you had had.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
If you had switched to 7 as soon as you built your computer. you more than likely would not of had any of the problems you had had.

^This

Moo, when building a PC, always do one thing: Research. See what will suit you best and weigh the pros of cons of those things out by yourself. As a programmer you will have to make these decisions and work out what would be best in certain situations.

Take some initiative.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Or, you know, I didn't have Windows 7 on me at the moment because my dad's going to order it tomorrow and I'd rather have a computer to work with than something that just turns on the BIOS. >_> I mean, the reason I'm asking is because I have Windows XP due to that cirumstance, and I have a bunch of stuff on there already; I was just wondering if the benefits of Windows 7 would outweigh the trouble I would have to go through to get everything again. I mean, it's not that hard, but I'm a kinda lazy guy, lol.

And idk why everyone brings up me trying to be a programmer. >: I'm seriously horrible; I'll always have a pretty decent method of going about doing things straightaway, but, if I hit a roadblock, I stumble and get raped.

And all my research (prior to asking you guys) basically just told me that Windows 7 will be supported for a longer time, it's a bit faster, it's prettier, and it's a lot like Windows Vista with all the bad crap fixed up.

As I've said, I ask a lot of questions on RMRK not because I'm waiting for you guys to spoonfeed me answers but to verify the answers that I've found with what you guys say. I can trust you guys quite a lot on a lot of subjects, and a response from someone who gives me real-time feedback and has experience in the matter feels better to me than some stuff people post online which could possibly be wrong (which deals with the "trust" thing again).

And, if people don't have an answer on RMRK, then they don't have an answer. I don't really expect anyone to go out and google anything and research for me, but if they have answer off the top of their head, I'd rather have one good spot (RMRK in this case) to get an answer than compile an amalgam of information from whatever I hope is correct.

/rant kinda

Oh yeah, and thanks for your help, everyones. I think arl sold me on his description of Windows 7 because it just sounds like magic. P:

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was just trolling/flaming, my intentions were pure. :X

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Ditto, though i understand how bad you want to test a new computer once you have built it instead of waiting.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was just trolling/flaming, my intentions were pure. :X
I know; I'm sorry if I sounded like I hate you. :x Because... I love you Tezuka.. LOL :V Anyways, topic solved for now, I guess. Windows 7 it is, when it comes. I can just back up the savedatas for my games along with a few important stuff and I should be fine. The only worry now is playing games... :P I want to play Borderlands with people, though ;-; like LAN style, I think, since I don't have the legit version (though it's still version 1.30 with three of the DLC, I think)

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I don't think hamachi works with borderlands, there was some german program that i used, that i can not remember the name of right now.

It had a good browser though for seeing other people's games, the version of borderlands i had at the time would show about 50 games online =o

God bless you pirates :3

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
The Good
I like the wallpaper and theme selector. It reminds me greatly of OS X in the sense that wallpapers and themes are organized in categories, selecting the wallpaper shows it on your desktop, and there's a "change picture every __ minutes" thing at the bottom. Yeah, it's a blatant ripoff and it's still not as good, but better than what they had before. B|

It's faster than Vista. (though that's not saying much)

Compared to XP, you're getting a much better interface.

The Bad
I've had some applications randomly crash without me knowing, namely my x-mouse button control application. I used it on Vista and XP too, but had no issues. I've also had some general stability issues with some applications that I didn't have on XP. They freeze up from time to time.

Firefox changes to the aero basic style for no reason while no other windows are affected.

THOUGH YOU'VE OBVIOUSLY ALREADY CHOSEN WINDOWS 7 SO THIS POST IS STUPID
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:40:52 PM by Irock »

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
No, Irock; I appreciate your input. :o And gah, that's stupid for Hamachi + Borderlands. ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
"...Windows 7 will be supported for a longer time, it's a bit faster, it's prettier, and it's a lot like Windows Vista with all the bad crap fixed up."

I think you answered your own question. ;)

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
I don't think hamachi works with borderlands, there was some german program that i used, that i can not remember the name of right now.

It had a good browser though for seeing other people's games, the version of borderlands i had at the time would show about 50 games online =o

Cthulhu bless you pirates :3

That program is on the tip of my tongue... IIRC it was a really good program. I'm gonna be thinking about it all day, if I remember the name I'll post here.

Moo: You should take a picture of your PC, I wanna see it :D
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I remembered :3

Tunngle -  http://www.tunngle.net/

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That program is on the tip of my tongue... IIRC it was a really good program. I'm gonna be thinking about it all day, if I remember the name I'll post here.

Moo: You should take a picture of your PC, I wanna see it :D
F*** JUST CUT OFF THE TIP OF YOUR TONGUE AND PUT IT INTO YOUR USB PORT :V And I'll post a picture if I get the chance. P:

And who wants to play Borderlands with me, someone below level 7? :3 THANKS LINK

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Gameranger > tunngle.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'll try borderlands with you. :)

I think I'm level 47, though. I haven't played in a long while, so I'm okay with making a new character. I can also power level rather easily, so making a level 7 will be no prob.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whoo! ;8 Okay! I'm going to get GameRanger, and I think I might be level 8 or 10 now, but yeah. :3 Playing with someone else oughta be more fun. What's your e-mail for GameRanger (when/if you get it :P)

EDIT: I was just looking through GameRanger's lists, and there's someone named Molson, lol.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:54:41 AM by mastermoo420 »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Cool.

antlazzarino@gmail.com is my e-mail. See you on soon.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whooo! ;8 I think I might make a thread in the Entertainment boards to rally up some other people to play. We could all start from scratch! ;8 And then we can all have funn.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I was kinda bummed out that my computer couldn't handle Crysis on even the LOWEST settings. Everything off, graphics on lowest, lowest resolution. Not that I really wanted to play Crysis or anything, but I was kinda sad that my computer couldn't handle it. ;9

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
If you did get the parts roph posted your doing something wrong.

My 8800GT can handle crysis Low/Medium settings, a 5770 should manage it high/max

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If you did get the parts roph posted your doing something wrong.
That's what I thought. I got every part that Roph posted except for optional stuff like a monitor, mouse, and keyboard since I already had those.

EDIT: Speaking of which, Borderlands can only run at about medium graphics. :\
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 05:48:39 PM by mastermoo420 »