RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need HUGE Team for Small Project

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Okay, seemingly small project, but want it to be amazing in a nostalgic kind of way.

Game will be very similar to the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games of old, pulling lots of elements (similar systems, monsters, etc) from them.

Not sure yet, but probably going to need:

Artist (both conceptual, but more likely graphical artist)
Programmers/Scripter
    (Definitely need someone familiar with SBS/ATB system, I've got a basic working version, but it still needs some modifications to be final)
Possibly script writer (for story, NPC text, etc)

Things that need to be done before I can really get started are:

Have a fairly done rough draft of a 100% orriginal tiles set so I can start on mapping
Have some rough character designs going
Have someone work on monsters (both artwork, setting them up, grouping, etc)
Someone start working on skills/items/arms/etc

I won't be requiring a team who is going to be working extremely hard every day pumping out stuff for me, because frankly I don't have that much time either. Doing what we do is supposed to be enjoyable, not frustrating, especially when we don't get paid for it.

If anyone is interested on making an original game with lots of hints to the games we all grew up playing and can almost solely thank (or blame) for getting us to this world of RPG/Game Making, please contact me through either:

Private Message on Crankeye
or
Private Email (if you don't know my email, send me a PM and I will get back to you with it if you would prefer to communicate that way)

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 76
RM2K3 Studied Learner
I've played a few of the old time final fantasies, and I'm a pretty good writer, so I could take that role. Be warned, however, that when I work on a project, I need to be A: pushed, B: prompted, C: rewarded, or D : threatened, to finish. What kind of plot do you have in mind?
Everything is always exactly $10 more than you can afford... unless you can get somebody to loan you ten dollars.