RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Paradox's Resources

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Here are some of my original pieces designed for RPG Maker XP. Enjoy :)
These resources are free to use and do not require my permission. As a courtesy, however, I would like to know which projects they will be used for, if you so choose to use them. The only thing I require is that you credit me if you decide to use these resources. Thank you!
More to come soon...

Character Battlers

Monster Battlers

Characters (Sprite Sets)

Autotiles

Rounded water autotile with animated surface. I only created the surface animation, and do not take credit for the original autotile. I found the autotile on neoseeker, and unfortunately was unable to find out who the original artist is.

Tilesets (and misc)

These banners have been stripped of their designs to offer a more customizable template. These tiles were taken from the original RTP and modified. I am not asking for credit for these particular tiles.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:36:47 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
They look pretty nice. Good work!

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Thanks!

I've added three (well, two and one re-color) battlers, and I have a few more drawings that need to be colored, and I'll be adding them as soon as I can.

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Added a few more battlers in the previous couple of weeks. The newest additions are the Imp and Frog-like battler (called the Anura in my game).

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
just gonna go ahead and say character sprites aren't chipsets.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
I'm sure anyone browsing this thread would understand I was not referring to the kind of chipsets you've referenced. I was simply using typical RPG Maker jargon, disregarding technicalities. "Sprite sets" is a more suitable description. Also, Tilesets are referred to as chipsets according to the RPG Maker XP wiki page.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Tilesets are called chipsets by Enterbrain because of how the chipset affected the use of sprites in the systems they were used in.  That doesn't make sprite sheets chipsets.

Back on topic: I like the cartoonish style, though I never was a fan of colored outline sprites.

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Thanks. I have to agree with you regarding the colored outline on the sprites...it does make it somewhat difficult to distinguish them from the tiles (e.g., green worm sprite on green grass). I may post some black-outlined sprites in the near future.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
well, at least a darker shade of color.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
RMXP User
looks very nice, especially the battlers
<3 the hornet and frog :D

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Those monster sprites makes me want to come over there & hand shake you personally.

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Added the Imp sprite set!
Spoiler for Imp Sprite Set:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:01:15 PM by Paradox »

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Thanks man the hornet thing is excellent for my game. The other wasp sprite I got doesnt exactly scream deadly

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Those monster sprites makes me want to come over there & hand shake you personally.

Thank you very much  :)

Rep:
Level 87
Great work, hope to see more from you. ^^

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Great work, hope to see more from you. ^^

Thanks! I try to add a new drawing or two weekly. I'm a little behind schedule right now, should have a couple new ones up soon.

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Added another battler! This time it's a spear-wielding lizard monster. I'll be adding another version of him wearing armor soon.

Spoiler for Lizard Spearman Battler:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 06:00:52 PM by Paradox »

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
They are really good. Can i ask which program you do use to make those character sets? Also the battlers...
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
They are really good. Can i ask which program you do use to make those character sets? Also the battlers...

Thanks for the compliment! For the battlers I sketch them on paper, then color them using Adobe Photoshop CS4, and for the sprite sets I use MS Paint. For the worm and plant guy sprite sets I used Photoshop for the outlining.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
Yeh, paint pwns. As i thought.Pretty good stuff out there. You could accept requests, that would make your work used in some projects, and you would still keep doing good stuff ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Yeah, I'll probably be taking requests soon. Unfortunately I have a lot going on with work, so I don't plan on taking requests until mid August. It's definitely a great idea, thanks :)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, I am impressed as always. Good stuff.

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
Added the sprite set for the Mudling battler.

Spoiler for Mudling Battler:

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
In creating my game, I realized some of the sprite sets (Worm, Sprout guy, and Mudling) did not have their animations lined up. I went ahead and corrected this.

Rep:
Level 78
Graphic Designer
I'm a little late on my one-drawing-a-week schedule, but here it is, a lizard brute creature!
Spoiler for Lizard Brute: