RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] ~ Icon as Event Graphic ~

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
[Awesome phrase here]
Hello I was wondering if it is possible to set an event graphic to an icon from the iconlist.  :o
I would really apreciate it if someone takes my request, and will give BIG credit.

Rexilia.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:31:52 AM by Rexilia »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Yeah, just cut out the icons you want and turn them into character sheets. Done.

No, there's no way to do it without doing it that way. Maybe a script, but none that I know of since it's completely USELESS to do that when you can simply cut and create like I just said.

[Awesome phrase here]
Oh well... thanks anyway

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You could cut them onto your TileE as well, but that just takes up the limited space there. So always use character sheets where you can.

[Awesome phrase here]
Already working on that. I got a 25000+ icons...
Might upload them all in character sheets.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, upload them as you need them. I can't see you using 25000 events all game, let alone use icon graphcs for each of them.

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Hay Rexilia,
long time ago I've written such a script for a member of our forum.
I hope it's the newest version cause it was the newest I could find on my PC. ^^
The eventgraphics will not be replaced with the icon. The icon just become drawn above the eventgraphic.
An Icon will also take the priority of the Event so if you set the eventspririty belowcharacter the Player can walk above the icon.
Never thought it could be helfull for someone. :P

Check it out.
http://paste.org/pastebin/view/19162

Deity
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 05:04:54 PM by Deity »
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

[Awesome phrase here]
WOW!! Its totally awesome Deity. Thank you very much.
You saved the day. =)

:zwink: :zwink: :zwink: :zwink:

EDIT: Hey Deity, can I post your script in other forums? I will credit you.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:57:02 AM by Rexilia »

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
No problem. :)

I'm not sure if it's so usefull but just use it as you wish. ^^
If you post it somewhere else just don't forget to note my name as author, everything else it's up to you.
And if it is ok maybe you can give me a link to the forum or the name of the forum. So I can see if there are any problems and if the people like it. :D

Deity
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:12:40 PM by Deity »
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Oh good luck. I'm glad to be able to help you. :)

Deity
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Thank you for publishing my Script. I hope its not to much offtopic here.
If there any issues let me know.

Deity
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤

Rep:
Level 29
I'm almost a monster, maybe
Hey, I know this hasn't been posted on in years, but I'm pretty new to RPG Maker, and have been using VX Ace. I read somewhere that Deity's script works in VX Ace, but I know close to nothing about coding/scripting and I kinda need help with it. If anyone could explain to me what I should put where or how it works, I'd appreciate it a lot. Thanks!
Giving out free hugs daily~

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Is there anything specific you need help with?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 29
Just, where to put the lines of script and how to make it work, I guess.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
http://blog.rpgmakerweb.com/tutorials/insert-scripts/

Code: [Select]
To show an icon on a event just take CtI = Iconid
 as the name of the event.
 Example: CtI = 1
 If you want to set the icon visible just use this in a
 Call Script...
 icon_visibility(id,status)
 id = eventid
 status = true/false
 this command works only for an event on the visited map.
 To change the visibility of all icons on the visited map use:
 all_icon_visibility(status)
 status = true/false
 To change the visibility of all icons on all visited maps use:
 global_icon_visibility(status)
 status = true/false
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 29
I'm still unsure of what I'm doing wrong. I basically copied and pasted the script into this area:

http://imgur.com/gallery/tTGIBtl/new

Maybe I'm just an idiot, I have no idea. Any other advice..?

Rep:
Level 82
aka DigiDeity
Hello Jexxy,

noone will call you an idiot for asking a question. :P

Seems like you paste it in the right place. If you start a test game are there any errors or warnings?
Since I did not test it on Ace I can't say if it will workt but if there no error messages you have good chances if not I will write a new script. ^^

To show an Icon above an Event you have to rename the Event, the name has to contain "CtI = ID" while ID should be replaced with the ID of the Icon in the Iconset. :)
Greetings
DigiDeity

├Work┤
├Contact┤