RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Moving event that only moves while Player is touching

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Hi, is there a way to get an event with a move route so the move route continues from the last movement each time the player touches the event without it resetting the move route?
I'm working on an event that has a movement plotted (it turns a lot, too) out for it and it's set to "Play Touch," but it should only move WHILE the player is touching the said event. The problem with it is, if you set it to player touch it'll reset its path each time the player touches it.
I thought about making a separate each time it takes a turn, but I ran into a few problems aside from the obvious billions of events required.
I also thought of making it bump up a variable value for each space it moves and have it check it each time the player touches it, but that seems like a lot of work.

Thank you,
Rex.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I think that bumping up a certain variable every time the player hits the event would be the best way to do things... Doesn't seem like a lot of work to me though. Either needs a lot of event pages or some crafty eventing.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Thank you, cozziekuns. I'll try that tomorrow, but does anybody else know of an easier way than using variables to control this event? I'm thinking what I will do, is have two events and have the first trigger the second once it reaches a certain point, so I don't have to deal with thirty-seven odd event pages.