RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Mr Wiggles Alchemy Script

Rep:
Level 83
did you talk to him after you created every item you could? and are you using the latest version of the script?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
Well I am using the script that is posted in this thread. And I have recreated the script and the character but as soon as I create an item the "show recipe" option makes the game to crash and I get the message

Script 'Recipe' line141:NoMethodError occured.
undefined method `name' for nil:NilClass

I can talk with him again and create more items but I can't check the recipe list again.
O power that lies at the root of all creation, o memory inscribed in ages past,
hear my call and arise before me! Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my
research.

Rep:
Level 83
yea i found the time to fix this, but i'm not on my computer so when i get internet on it again i can upload the new version of the script.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep: +0/-0Level 80
RMRK Junior
thanks I will be waiting
O power that lies at the root of all creation, o memory inscribed in ages past,
hear my call and arise before me! Ancient Catastrophe! This is the fruit of my
research.

Rep:
Level 83
*Updated the script*
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 77
RMRK Junior
Hey Mr. Wiggles I get this error Script 'Alchemy' Line 37: NameError occurred uninitialized Constant ALCHEMY::Keys. I was wondering if u could help me fix and possible to add it to my menu screen

Rep:
Level 83
OH sorry that's my bad, i am useing an Input module in my game so i have some extra keys i can use. To fix this just go to that line and where it says "Keys::SHIFT" Change that to any one of RPG Inputs...
#----- Button -------- #
#  A B C X Y Z L R    #
#------Key Borad ----#     The equivalent on the keyboard.
#  Z B C A S D Q W  #         
#--------------------------#

So "Input::A" would be key "Z" and so forth. (yes you have to have Input:: before your desired button)

For adding it into your game menu you'll have to edit a little bit in the menu script and a few others.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Hello, Mr. Wiggles.  This seems like it would be a great addition to any game.  However, I am new to scripting and am having some problems with the script.

First of all, there is absolutely no text on any of the items or descriptions in the alchemy menu.  Only the icons appear.  How do I fix this?

Also, when I try to load the Blue Print list in-game using a $game_system.add_blue_prints( ), I get a bad syntax on line 354 "undefined method 'size' for 'nil:NilClass'  What am I doing wrong.

I can't wait to get this script working and use it for my game.  Great job!

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
hey mr wiggles, iv had a few probs but iv managed to fix them by reading the forum so this question hasn't been asked before (I think...). For some reason i cant add any knew recipes, like combination's of stuff to make you know? its a syntax on line 56 please help i also tried shifting the default down a line and added my own in between and it still says the same thing so i think that iv missed something that tells the computer how many recipes there are maybe??

Rep:
Level 83
i will look into these errors when i find the chance i was gone for 3 weeks RL stuff and getting into college classes, chances are i will look at these errors this week end.

[edit]
   @Yggdrasil12 - you need to put the blue print number for the blue prints your adding to the list of known ones. IE add blue prints 4 you would
$game_system.add_blue_prints(4)
or like to add prints 15
$game_system.add_blue_prints(15)

[edit2]
  @dewm3734 - ca you post what you have on that line so i can see what is wrong with it.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:02:18 AM by Mr_Wiggles »
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 71
RMRK Junior
Don't know if you even come here anymore, but Mr Wiggles, I'm having a problem with the call script command for the blueprints. When I try to add a recipe, I get a message that reads, line 357 NoMethodError occured
                             undefined method `size' for nil:NilClass

Any thoughts?

Rep:
Level 83
Yea sorry about the delays, but i do check this forum from time to time for support on my scripts, i have updated with a newer version which i think fixed all the problems.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

RMRK Junior
Thanks, it works great now.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Not-so-Noob
this is annoying me. This script keeps putting all it's info on one line in my script editor. I'm quite frustrated. Also, the screenshots don't work anymore on this topic.  what is going on?  :-\

Rep:
Level 83
The img urls expired and i have no clue why its putting all the script information on one line.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It's because SMF code-boxes and Internet Explorer do not mix. It works on pretty much everything else.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
I don't have a clue why, but the recipe book script isn't working for me anymore. It worked when I was first using it, everything that my characters learned to make in the alchemy script would show up just fine. I haven't done anything to any other scripts or added any new ones, but now when I try to call the recipe list, I get a message reading, "...line 123 NoMethodError occurred. Undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass.

RMRK Junior
I know it can't be a problem with your script, I just want to determine where the problem lies. 'Line 123' is in the "Draw Item" section of the script. What does that pertain to, anyway? If I know, then I can probably find the problem.

RMRK Junior
Okay, never mind. I don't know what the hell is going on, but I got it working. I needed to keep a blank line between my last creatable item and the line that says
"]# needs to be here" in the alchemy script for the recipe script to work. I don't know why exactly...I never had to do that before...

Rep:
Level 83
So you do in fact have this working? Also there is an edit button for your previous post and i know not using it makes mods here angry, just saying.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep: +0/-0Level 63
RMRK Junior
Help, I keep on getting this error:

Script 'Recipes' line 139: NoMethodError occured.

undefined method 'blue_prints' for #<Game_System:0x83ccd30>

I am a noob and have no idea how to fix this error. HELP!

Rep:
Level 83
I can fix your error but you'll need to wait till tomorrow, i don't have the time right now to fix it. I just wanted you to know that i know about it.
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

RMRK Junior
Thanks I'll be waiting! ^-^

RMRK Junior
Mr. Wiggles?
Is anyone there? :-\

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
An error like that is probably caused by a corrupt save file. Does the project work in a new game?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know