RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
One Night: Full Circle *Full Horror Game*

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon

Introduction

One Night: Full Circle is the final game in Dark Gaia's horror themed One Night series. It serves as the conclusion to the series and resolves the story arc that has been established through the previous games and ties the stories of One Night and One Night 2 together in a cohesive whole.
One Night: Full Circle is a semi-remake of One Night 3: Shadows of Stillwater, widely regarded as the weakest in the series. It is intended to replace the previous game entirely and rectify its flaws. It offers a completely rewritten, more in depth story to improve the flow of the narrative and add a more tangible conclusion to the series. It also includes tweaked gameplay and polished systems so that it is more fun to play through. Best of all, this re-release features two completely new areas, the Sewer and the University, each packed with brand new puzzles, enemies and story details, to significantly extend the length of the game.

Story Outline

The year 2019. A bizarre accident occurs in the bustling mining town of Stillwater.
Contact with the town is mysteriously lost, and the fate of its citizens is unknown. Several rescue groups attempt to investigate the situation, but they never return. Three months quickly pass without any explanation of the event, though Stillwater never leaves the public eye. Speculation runs wild, with everything from the supernatural to aliens having a part in the bizarre proceedings.

Another mysterious event; Tom Hawkins receives a letter in the mail from his sister, a journalist staying in Stillwater on that fateful night. The letter is dated three months previously, though the reason why it has arrived now is as mysterious as its origin. Is there a chance that Tom’s sister is somehow still alive, trapped in the nightmare that Stillwater has become? Seeking the truth, Tom packs for a long journey and soon, he himself vanishes without a trace. He has decided to trace the letter back to where it came from, and is headed to Stillwater itself. What awaits him is beyond anyone's comprehension...

Features

- Six eerie locations to explore, each filled with clues to find and terrifying horrors to face.
- Tense event based combat system with multiple equipable weapons and directional based attacks.
- Mysterious storyline which challenges you to find every shred of information you can to unravel the unknown fate of Stillwater.
- Two different endings to discover based on your choices throughout the adventure!
- Links to previous One Night games and resolutions to the unanswered questions of the series.

Screenshots

Download

You can download One Night: Full Circle here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1577/
* If the download is unavailable when you try, simply wait a few hours - it's still being updated.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:42:37 PM by Dark Gaia »
Developer of Legionwood and One Night and author of post-apocalyptic novel Sun Bleached Winter. Find everything I've made at http://drobertgrixti.com.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Wow, you've managed to make what, 5 games? You even put in system requirements. That makes me feel lazy -.-

Anyways, great job DG, can't wait to play these games (I'm downloading 'em right now). Oh, and could you tell me a bit more about this Decision Proximity Semi Active Battle system (DPSAB)? You don't really talk about it much.

herp derp
Rep:
Level 81
Newclear Bomb
Nice Gaia very professional cant wait to try this!

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hi guys, thanks for the interest in the games. I recently finished overhauling them to play better so now's the best time to try them if you haven't already.

@cozziekuns: It's just a gimmicky name for a basic event based system. Essentially, you walk around the map and a menu pops up when you touch the foe, with damage being affected by what direction you're attacking from.
Developer of Legionwood and One Night and author of post-apocalyptic novel Sun Bleached Winter. Find everything I've made at http://drobertgrixti.com.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Friday, 4th June, 2010

As of this moment (8:38 PM AEST) I have uploaded a new version of The Beyond to celebrate the first anniversary of its release. This new version contains the entire Special Edition version of the game plus a new Expansion Pack which adds new locations, gameplay, puzzles and scares, all up making this the ultimate version of the game and worthy enough to be played even if you've clocked The Beyond before.

Snap it up when it's fully uploaded and approved on RMN... Should be by this time tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hey everyone, I've had a few complaints about RMN being down a fair bit and downloads being inaccessible, so I've added an extra download mirror (FileFront) for One Night, One Night 2 and One Night 3.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
News Flash!

Hey, everyone!

While I have officially left the RPG Maker scene for the moment, I found myself toying with the idea of expanding One Night 3 somehow. I've never really been happy with the game - it's far too short in my opinion and the way it handles concluding the entire series' story is rather clumsy. The dialogue is very sloppy and the exploration is confusing. It's the weakest, by far, of the three games.

Hence, I decided to open up RPG Maker once again to make a game truly worthy of being the conclusion of the One Night series. I'm now announcing that a heavily reworked version of One Night 3, henceforth known as One Night: Full Circle[/b], has been in the works for the last week or two and should be released in the next few days.

One Night: Full Circle is what One Night 3 should have been the first time around. Essentially, it's One Night 3 but with these new features added:

- Rewritten dialogue and added story scenes intended to make the story flow better and conclude the series more naturally.
- Polished gameplay including fixed battle inbalances, missing sparkles/item indicators, less intrusive scares and enemies that cannot attack whilst you are examining something. (No more getting trapped at a locked door)
- A completely new soundtrack made of entirely of custom non commercial music.
- Two whole new areas; the Sewers and the University are accessed after the Hospital area and are intended to extend the game's length. They add about an hour to two hour's worth of new gameplay, including brand new enemies, puzzles, scares and cutscenes.
- More story elements to tie the game into previous entries in the series, including the appearance of John Faraday from One Night 2 and a much clearer backstory for the motives of the Shadow People.
- Extended endings (both good and bad endings) to add a bit more of a conclusion to the game.

I'm expecting to have One Night: Full Circle[/i] released within the next four or five days. Stay posted for more news!

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Update

Full Circle is now being uploaded to RMN, and will be available within 12 hours! Brace yourself for a new horror!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool! I'm excited.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Thank you! In an effort to clear up the confusion... Yes, this is basically One Night 3: Shadows of Stillwater with the name changed. However, it's also so much more. I was never happy with how short ON3 was and how vague its story was, so I set out to improve those things and Full Circle is the result. It's One Night 3 with a rewritten story, polished gameplay and new areas. It's about an hour or two longer than the original game and pretty much qualifies as a whole new game in its own right.

P.S It's now downloadable.

Rep:
Level 84
The Guardian Dragon
Hey, horror fans! Just letting you know that a new build of One Night: Full Circle (Build 5.3) is now online, adding a few much-needed updates to the game and addressing a couple of requests made by players.

This new build isn't drastically different to the previous builds (at least, not on the same level that my recent updates to One Night and Legionwood were) but there's still a fair amount of new content in the game to check out.

The changes to Build 5.3 include:
- Items, supplies, files and weapons are now sorted into different inventory tabs, making it a lot easier to locate items.
- Puzzle items that are no longer needed are removed from the inventory to prevent clutter.
- Due to popular demand, the Electric Saw item that is found in the University can now be equipped as a weapon, rather than just being a puzzle item. It is much stronger than the Handgun but has limited uses.
- The writing in cutscenes and files has been cleaned up and errors rectified/awkward sentences rewritten.
- The morality counter has been adjusted so that it is now actually possible to get the good ending (previously, it was set up in such a way that you couldn't ever get enough good morality to unlock the ending). I'm not sure how this bug went unnoticed for such a long period of time, but it's fixed now.
- Game events have been slightly optimised to cut down on lag that some people were experiencing.

I also discovered that the One Night trilogy now has a TV Tropes page that was created by someone who apparently really likes the games. Check it out here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OneNight