RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gamedisk Problem (Please Help!)

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
(I use rpg2k3)I made a gamedisk and when I try to open it, there are a ton of question marks everywhere! I asked someone on here and he said to click the highlighted button (which is open), but when I click it a small screen comes up with tons of question marks again! It only had one option to click, so I clicked it, and it sent me back to the folder where I put my gamedisk....Please help. Thanks!
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
1. Double click the setup.exe file that came with the gamedisk (Its icon will differ depending on your system)

2. Select the folder to install the game to. There are also two additional options that can be selected. They are as follows.

-> Create a Start Menu Shortcut:

This will allow you to run the game from the programs section of the start menu. If this is not checked, start the game by double clicking RPG_RT.exe in the folder you installed it to.

-> Add Uninstaller:

This will allow you to remove the game using add/remove programs in the control panel. If this is unchecked, remove the game simply by deleting the folder.

3. Click [Begin] and the installation will start. It is the bottom left button, and the one directly next to it is the [Cancel] button.

Rep:
Level 81
RMRK Master
Ok, only one problem. I have no idea where that stuff is. All the words are replaced with questionmarks!!!! Please help!!!
..........|¯•¸_¸,.•”ˆ¯....Thundercow....¯ˆ“•.,¸_¸•¯|..........
¯•_¹ˆ¯•ˆ¯¯±¸_Thunderclan WÅrrÏØr_¸±¯¯ˆ•¯ˆ²_•¯

Epequest
Game-25% complete
Demo-99% complete

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I just said, the [Begin] button is the bottom left button. The one directly to its right is the [Cancel] button. There are two options above these buttons, the top one is Create a Start Menu Shortcut and the bottom one is Add Uninstaller. Ignore the fact that it's in question marks and it should be just straightforward.