RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
# Video Game Series Scene Contest

Rep:
Level 84
Hello everyone! I am your host RATED-RKOFRANKLIN. I am here to present the first ever Video Game Series Scene Contest! In this contest you will make an original cut scene or remake a classic cut scene from a popular video game series! Your scene will be judged by me, my friends, and my judges.

The Rules

1. Sign Ups are from May 3 to May 20
2. Cut Scenes are to be presented by June 20
3. Your scene must be a video game series cut scene. More than one video game series can be used in a scene
4. It must be made by a RPG Maker Program
5. All video game series are welcomed to be used.
6. You must sign up at rmxpunlimited.net
7. All videos must be submitted on Youtube and post them at rmxpunlimited.net

The Winner
1. The videos will be judge by me and the judges.
2. We will judge the videos based on their creativity.
3. Videos will be graded on how entertaining the video is to the judges.
4. Videos will be graded on the full use of the RPG Maker.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:27:18 AM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
What's the reward, why does it have to be on Youtube when that could potentially lower the quality of the product, and why do you repeat yourself?

Rep:
Level 84
Sorry for repeating myself. That was an odd error.

It is on YouTube for everyone to see all of the videos in the contest. This is to make it as fair as possible. I don't want people thinking I am giving friends favors by making them winners without showing the work. Without showing the work some people might think the winner had an awful cut scene.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 02:32:35 AM by RATED-RKOFRANKLIN »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I don't have Hypercam or any software like that. So I can't upload my work on Youtube. Does that mean I lose by default?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Why not just have the contestant include the needed files for the particular RPG Makers to work? I mean, it only takes a few moments and most people have to do that anyway when they make a finished project, so that anyone can play their games. Makes much more sense than having to download a program to record your cutscene, sign up on YouTube if you don't already have an account, and submit with possible quality loss.

Also, again, what's the reward?

Rep:
Level 84
I don't have Hypercam or any software like that. So I can't upload my work on Youtube. Does that mean I lose by default?

There are freeware programs you can use. I use Camstudio. It is a freeware program.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Laggy, ruins the quality, etc. Why can't we just send our project?

Also, like Zylos said, what's the reward?

Rep:
Level 84

Please read my second post again. Your question was answered.

The reward? This contest is for fun and to show off your skills. The reward is bragging rights.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Please read my second post again. Your question was answered.

The reward? This contest is for fun and to show off your skills. The reward is bragging rights.

Allow people to download the projects.
Problem solved.

Youtube quality and freeware screen recorder quality SUCK and will make dynamic cutscenes look worse.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon