RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Snowball Fight!

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Snowball Fight! >:O
Version: 1.0
Author: cozziekuns
Date: May 1st, 2010

Version History

• 1.0 [Created, I guess?]

Description

After playing FFTA, I saw that the first battle was a snowball fight. I'm all for snowball fights, so when I got the idea that I wanted to script a snowball fight, I was working my head off. But I decided to use events, a nice break from scripting.

You could use it as a mini-game, I guess.

Features

• A snowball throwing minigame.
  • Parallel Processed, so it doesn't run throughout your game (Only in a specific map).
  • A custom snowball sprite! (Come on, who doesn't like snowballs).
  • Difficulty is Customizable.

Planned Additional Features

• Co-op mode. Uh huh.
  • A WAY better AI (right now he just runs around randomly).
  • Suggest some!

Instructions

The snowball sprite can be found in Graphics/Characters/$!Snowball (I made it in about 1 minute, so it's not so good  :-\)

The keyboard letter "A" is the default button to throw a snowball.

Copy/Paste basically everything in the system. Change the number in the brackets of $game_map.events[3].x and $game_map.events[3].y to the Event ID of the event you want throwing the snowballs. Change the number in the brackets of $game_map.events[2].x and $game_map.events[2].y to the event ID of the snowball you want the player to be throwing, and change the number in the brackets of $game_map.events[5].x and $game_map.events[5].y to the event ID of the snowball you want the enemy to be throwing. You can change the difficulty of the game by changing the Movement Speed and Frequency of the enemy. Personally, I find that Normal Speed + Highest Frequency is already hard enough. I like to put the event on random movement, so you'll never know where the enemy's gonna go, and where it's gonna throw its snowball.

The time it takes for the event to re-load its snowball can be adjusted by changing the Wait: 45 secs to your preference.

Quick Tip: Put the snowballs out of the player's sight. Or else it just looks weird... Teleporting snowballs...

Credit

• Cozziekuns
  • Modern Algebra (For pointing out how to track the co-ordinate of an event).
  • Grafikal and Zylos, I didn't forget how you guys helped too!

Support

It's probably littered with bugs, seeing as this is it's first release. If there's anything you need help on, post it here.

Author's Notes

The AI is stupid -.-

RMRK+ Format

This event system is in RMRK+ Format. Or at least it should be -.-

Variables Used

Could someone reserve these for me?
  • 596 - 603, all descriptions are in their name.

Switches Used

Could someone reserve these for me?
  • 851 - 857, all descriptions are in their name.

Demo

See attached.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 04:25:29 AM by cozziekuns »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'll have to take a look at this later, but it sounds pretty neat. Nice work!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Is this like a tactical mini-game like how you compared it to FFTA?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Unfortunately, no. It's just a regular snowball fight.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Nifty. I just may put this in my project, the player will have a ball!

wah wah waaaaahh...
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
You will die with honor...

Sounds like fun. I'm currently making a snowy map.  :)